should the US prohibit people under the age of 21 from purchasing or owning large capacity guns ?

Do you think raising the age to purchase a firearm will help reduce the number of mass shootings?

• Yes

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • I'm not sure but it couldn't hurt

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Im not sure but that may be a violation of the 2nd Amendment

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
But making them take drug tests to purchase ( And if on SSRIs / Drugs deny the purchase
On the form there are now 3 categories of sexual preference. Male, Female and Non Binary. If the crazy asshole marks that last one, that should nullify that application even before the phone call happens...

should a 12 yr old be able to own or purchase a fire arm ?
My 12 year old owned a firearm, knew how to clean it, load it, fire it, but never used it other than for target practice. He is now in the Navy serving this fucked up country run by a bunch of idiots....

Consumption of alcohol used to be restricted to those aged 21 years of age or older. That changed on the premise that if a person (male) is old enough to fight for his country at age 18, then he should be old enough to lawfully purchase liquor and have a drink.

Apparently the data showed that this was not well thought out because the drinking age went back up to 21.

I've read that the brain is not fully developed at age 18 and it seems like a lot of adults have no viable conflict resolution skills so trusting that an 18 year old does or has the impulse control to not pick up a firearm and go on a mass shooting spree may not be reasonable.

It is my opinion, that restricting the age at which a person can purchase or possess a firearm is not an infringement of the U.S. Constitution.

I'm libertarian, but I believe that libertarianism is for adults. I also believe that an eighteen year old rarely has the maturity that a twenty-one year old would have. At age 18, I voted for the first time and it was for Jimmy Carter, because the media had convinced me that Reagan was a crazy old man who would start WW III. 'Nuff said?

I would be fine with raising the age for everything to twenty-one. I think people would be more comfortable legalizing real freedom if it did not take effect until age twenty-one.

It would make it more difficult to recruit soldiers because few twenty-one year olds feel as indestructible as eighteen year olds often do. Gosh, politicians could only start wars that people with some maturity would be willing to fight in. Hm . . .

Reagan was a crazy old man who tried to start WWIII, and it was only Gorbachev who prevented that war by not taking the bait.
Reagan is the one guilty of ruining our health care system, helping insurance companies to take it over and double prices.
Reagan armed the Iranians and gave the money to terrorists in Nicaragua.
He deliberately manipulated the election by having Oliver North talk the Iranians into holding the embassy hostages until AFTER the election. That was about the most illegal thing anyone has ever done.
Reagan also caused a huge national debt with SDI, that took over a decade to pay off.

Maybe we ought to lock your idiot ass up because you MIGHT be a threat to society--see how that works dumb fuck.
i get it Fascist. Lock me up because I have a different viewpoint then yours.

You'd like to be able to do that, right tough guy?

Take your sorry ass to Russia, bedwetter.

I'm libertarian, but I believe that libertarianism is for adults. I also believe that an eighteen year old rarely has the maturity that a twenty-one year old would have. At age 18, I voted for the first time and it was for Jimmy Carter, because the media had convinced me that Reagan was a crazy old man who would start WW III. 'Nuff said?

I would be fine with raising the age for everything to twenty-one. I think people would be more comfortable legalizing real freedom if it did not take effect until age twenty-one.

It would make it more difficult to recruit soldiers because few twenty-one year olds feel as indestructible as eighteen year olds often do. Gosh, politicians could only start wars that people with some maturity would be willing to fight in. Hm . . .

I have seen plenty of 21 or even 50 year olds who are less mature than some 12 year olds.
For example, the vast majority were all for the invasion of Iraq, even though it turned out to all be lies and Iraq had no WMD or terrorist ties.

Reagan was a crazy old man who tried to start WWIII, and it was only Gorbachev who prevented that war by not taking the bait.
Reagan is the one guilty of ruining our health care system, helping insurance companies to take it over and double prices.
Reagan armed the Iranians and gave the money to terrorists in Nicaragua.
He deliberately manipulated the election by having Oliver North talk the Iranians into holding the embassy hostages until AFTER the election. That was about the most illegal thing anyone has ever done.
Reagan also caused a huge national debt with SDI, that took over a decade to pay off.
Other then Trump, Reagen was the biggest conman to ever sit in the W.H. A third rate Hollywood has been & an even worse POTUS.

The herd loved him because they ate up his bullshit stories. Reagen screwed the middle class any way he could as they grabbed their ankles & gave him 2 terms.

Consumption of alcohol used to be restricted to those aged 21 years of age or older. That changed on the premise that if a person (male) is old enough to fight for his country at age 18, then he should be old enough to lawfully purchase liquor and have a drink.

Apparently the data showed that this was not well thought out because the drinking age went back up to 21.

I've read that the brain is not fully developed at age 18 and it seems like a lot of adults have no viable conflict resolution skills so trusting that an 18 year old does or has the impulse control to not pick up a firearm and go on a mass shooting spree may not be reasonable.

It is my opinion, that restricting the age at which a person can purchase or possess a firearm is not an infringement of the U.S. Constitution.
That is a reasonable thing to try IMHO but I also don't think it will make much difference. I personally would like to focus on how much we are drugging our kids and what the long term effects of that are. But there does not seem to be much political will to do that.

Democrats used the argument that an 18 year old who was old enough to be drafted was old enough to vote. Maybe an 18 year old with an underdeveloped brain is the ideal democrat voter.

It couldn't hurt...

What is it? 21 for handguns and 18 for long guns? Okay. I'm on board with one condition...

They must raise the draft/enlistment age for the military to 21 as well.

I can't go along with an 18 year old being given a gun and told to fight but told they can't buy a gun at home.

That is a reasonable thing to try IMHO but I also don't think it will make much difference. I personally would like to focus on how much we are drugging our kids and what the long term effects of that are. But there does not seem to be much political will to do that.

I think you're on to something there. Ours is a drug dependent society. Many of us turn to docs and cops to solve all of our failures in parenting. It seems like successfully raising a healthy child to adulthood is a lost art these days.

We should devote more to mental health matters and less on book reading drag queens.

It would do nothing with open borders!

But if they make everyone register for the draft to show how progressive they are, that would go along away!

No law will prevent someone from killing someone else once they have made up their mind.

Most military stocks are wood, and you can get plastic stocks for any firearm.
Most school shooters are suicides, so they are not at all living some militaristic fantasy.
They are in pain and intend to end it all.
Instead of focusing on the tool, guns, we need to focus on something that can help, like improving schools and making mental health care free.
I heard you were an engineer too so I'll just disregard what you say until you climb down from that one.
Now you're a mental health authority?

Why don't we look into the issues of fatherless homes and the resulting actions of those children and their obsessions with social media, seeking a father figure in their life and the failure of society to recognize violent mental health issues among our young people/?

That too!

There us no law that would have prevented this shooting. NY & Chicago have some of the strictest gun laws in the country & they don't stop record-setting gun crimes and murder.

It couldn't hurt...

What is it? 21 for handguns and 18 for long guns? Okay. I'm on board with one condition...

They must raise the draft/enlistment age for the military to 21 as well.
It's set by state law. It's 21 here in Washington state for both but 18 in many places for long guns and 21 for hand guns.

It's 18 for long guns in Texas.

Hey, I also was wondering if anyone has seen how the Buffalo shooter was able to obtain his bullet proof vest(s)? I thought it was only sold to people who work in specific law enforcement/security industries?

understood .... but i'm making the point if they were allowed to own a revolver that i wouldnt have a problem with it ... that you can support a ban on large capacity guns for those under the age of 21 and still be pro 2nd amend ..
Well, I can. If they do, I will have mixed feelings as I love mine, built from charging handle to trigger assy, through bolt and upper receiver, barrel to butt stock. I know better than any M-16 back in the days I was armed with and training and supervising people with these weapons. I know the weapon is not inherently bad, but the way it was marketed, to people including young people on testosterone, adrenalin, hyped as the "in thing" shamelessly even to people that should not be anywhere near one for a variety of reasons and with a chorus of cheerleaders for all the guns, for all the people, all the time, and anywhere. Jeez! What could possible go wrong with that? Well, it's popularity and profitability have over shadowed it's viability to be freely obtained and carried around in this crowed, pressure cooker of many unstable people.
It is fun to shoot and I am a shooter, as I always have been. People like me, just take them to the range or keep it in easy access in a gun safe at home for home defense with a loaded magazine or two withing easy reach. A lot of people are a lot looser with their weapons. There is never a reason to have one carried on the city streets by civilians and certainly not to civil disturbances for intimidation purposes or outright riots. Thirty round magazines are handy for the range, though I prefer a twenty as the thirty gets in the way on prone supported and bench fire, but you never need one for deer or varmint hunting and in many places, not even legal by hunting laws. And of course, now you have militia nut balls with pipe dreams of insurrection, which just won't work. The short barrel models are only good for carrying concealed (somewhat) and kicking in doors, putting a lot of rounds in a small area very fast. Not something I will ever have need to do again, though trained at one time.
I think they should regulate the hell out of it, from purchasing, to carry constraints, to storage It is not a toy. It is excellent for putting rounds on target out to 600 meters, but mostly used now for putting lots of rounds at innocent people within 30 feet, and we aren't talking criminal here. We are talking about the mentally unstable and rabidly bigoted, for which it has become the weapon of choice.

Forum List

Back