should the US prohibit people under the age of 21 from purchasing or owning large capacity guns ?

Do you think raising the age to purchase a firearm will help reduce the number of mass shootings?

• Yes

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • I'm not sure but it couldn't hurt

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Im not sure but that may be a violation of the 2nd Amendment

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm libertarian, but I believe that libertarianism is for adults. I also believe that an eighteen year old rarely has the maturity that a twenty-one year old would have. At age 18, I voted for the first time and it was for Jimmy Carter, because the media had convinced me that Reagan was a crazy old man who would start WW III. 'Nuff said?

I would be fine with raising the age for everything to twenty-one. I think people would be more comfortable legalizing real freedom if it did not take effect until age twenty-one.

It would make it more difficult to recruit soldiers because few twenty-one year olds feel as indestructible as eighteen year olds often do. Gosh, politicians could only start wars that people with some maturity would be willing to fight in. Hm . . .

Fuck you, dumb ass. Move out. The second amendment guarantees that RIGHT. If you left wing POS's would quit trying to confuse the issues of gender and male/female relations, maybe we wouldn't experience the cockamamie mental issues that we are. You're an idiot asshole.
Fuck you, asshole. You got evidence that that 18 year old in Texas was confused about gender issues or are you just running your stupid yap again?

if this is a mental health issue, then don't allow an 18 yr old to buy an AR because that kid MAY have problems, you moron.

Like that beatdown?

thats what i meant squeeze the trigger 1 round is fired ... squeeze and hold and round after round is fired would make it an auto ..
Actually, one pull, one fire with auto reloading is "semi" auto. Full auto would be hold for continuous fire. Any semi auto can be made full auto with minor modifications. It doesn't matter. The fact is, the VAST majority of American gun owners have never committed a weapons related crime. Hold the criminals responsible instead of attacking law enforcement.

Instead of adults under 21, rich, old, white, elitist, self-enriching, corrupt, compromised liberal politicians and any politician over the age of 60 should be banned from office....

...because I am sure statistics will prove THAT segment of the population causes much more damage, destruction, fraud, waste, abuse, Division, suffering, death, debt, and Constitutional and Rule of Law violations than any other group.

I would trust most 18-20 year olds with a gun than I would Pelosi as Speaker or dementia Joe Biden as President.

:p

I'm libertarian, but I believe that libertarianism is for adults. I also believe that an eighteen year old rarely has the maturity that a twenty-one year old would have. At age 18, I voted for the first time and it was for Jimmy Carter, because the media had convinced me that Reagan was a crazy old man who would start WW III. 'Nuff said?

I would be fine with raising the age for everything to twenty-one. I think people would be more comfortable legalizing real freedom if it did not take effect until age twenty-one.

It would make it more difficult to recruit soldiers because few twenty-one year olds feel as indestructible as eighteen year olds often do. Gosh, politicians could only start wars that people with some maturity would be willing to fight in. Hm . . .
Not everyone has the same maturity level at the same age. Beto O'Rourke showed that today.

I am not opposed to everything being tied to age 21 INCLUDING enlistment in the military and entering into legal contracts. No one under the age of 21 is mature enough to decide to put their lives on the line.

because I am sure statistics will prove THAT segment of the population causes much more damage, destruction, fraud, waste, abuse, Division, suffering, death, debt, and Constitutional and Rule of Law violations than any other group.
I believe if you were to research this statement, you would find it is untrue.

I'm talking about why an 18 yr old punk is allowed to own an ASSAULT RIFLE, you stupid halfwit.
I’m talking about why idiots like you get to decide what rights others can have. 18 is an adult. What that person does with it is up to them. Sometimes they make tragic decisions. You think you’re the one that gets to decide who can and who can’t have their rights?

I am not opposed to everything being tied to age 21 INCLUDING enlistment in the military and entering into legal contracts. No one under the age of 21 is mature enough to decide to put their lives on the line.
How old is old enough to make the commitment to serve your country and be willing to give your life for it if called upon to do so?

I have served with some young guys whoever judgement and maturity I would entrust my life to more so than drr adults I have known.

There are 19 and 20yo 'kids' driving / controlling multi-million dollar weapon systems while older adults are still partying in college and out, trying to figure out what to do with their lives...

Just saying...

Fuck you, asshole. You got evidence that that 18 year old in Texas was confused about gender issues or are you just running your stupid yap again?

if this is a mental health issue, then don't allow an 18 yr old to buy an AR because that kid MAY have problems, you moron.

Like that beatdown?
Maybe we ought to lock your idiot ass up because you MIGHT be a threat to society--see how that works dumb fuck.

Would it make people feel better if the shooter was 35? If you illegally strip rights away from people who are under 22 you might as well take all their rights

If an 18 - 20yo is not mature enough to own a gun ... or have a beer ... then perhaps an 18-20yo girl is not mature enough to make the choice to kill a baby...maybe a law needs to be passed requiring women to be at least 21 to have an abortion?!

Abortion Maturity Law, anyone?

:p

I have served with some young guys whoever judgement and maturity I would entrust my life to more so than drr adults I have known.
I have served with those as well. I enlisted in the Marine Corps on my 17th birthday and spent my 19th year in Vietnam. My statement is rhetorical. If we have an age of majority, everything should be tied to that age--not just what some liberal decides is convenient for their narrative.

I have served with those as well. I enlisted in the Marine Corps on my 17th birthday and spent my 19th year in Vietnam. My statement is rhetorical. If we have an age of majority, everything should be tied to that age--not just what some liberal decides is convenient for their narrative.

Thank you for your service. Some of my best friends and closest comrades are devil dogs. Oorah!

Semper Fi, brother, and God bless.

i think many are hesitant of a federal ban for those under the age of 21 is because they fear the gov will use it as a precedent to go farther later on .... and sadly the gov does have a history of doing things like ..... so maybe the immediate thing to do is have armed trained security in all schools ....
The killers out arm the security guards, and now they seem to be copying each other with wearing body armour, buying them even more time to kill even more people.... And the next guy is going to try to outdo the number of people murdered by the last guy....

Security guards are good, they could possibly be at the right place at the right time in a school to stop some bad doings..... But that is not nearly enough to make our school children safe or even feel safe from another 18 year old mass murderer searching for their 15 minutes of HE MAN Fame.... imho.

Forum List

Back