should the US prohibit people under the age of 21 from purchasing or owning large capacity guns ?

Do you think raising the age to purchase a firearm will help reduce the number of mass shootings?

• Yes

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • I'm not sure but it couldn't hurt

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Im not sure but that may be a violation of the 2nd Amendment

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If your on SSRIs ( like nutjob who shot Chris Kyle and Most of the mass shooters of last 35+ years ) then you deserve more scrutiny in ANY FIREARMS PURCHASE

First of all, all federal gun laws are totally illegal.
And if you want gun laws, they should be by states, so AK has different laws than NY.
But Far Left & Left have Weaponized State’s Rights ( and even the Constitution) to get what they cant get legislatively

Even outlawing black AR type weapons would be a big step forward.

The shooters want their weapons to look like the military real thing and wooden stocks won't do it for them.
Seriously, this is an American's need to kill, due to the culture of war that's been so popular since the end of WW2.

If wood gun stocks are forced on them, there will b no more enjoyment in killing than there was when they killed sonbirds with the first gun.

Most military stocks are wood, and you can get plastic stocks for any firearm.
Most school shooters are suicides, so they are not at all living some militaristic fantasy.
They are in pain and intend to end it all.
Instead of focusing on the tool, guns, we need to focus on something that can help, like improving schools and making mental health care free.

Most military stocks are wood, and you can get plastic stocks for any firearm.
Most school shooters are suicides, so they are not at all living some militaristic fantasy.
They are in pain and intend to end it all.
Instead of focusing on the tool, guns, we need to focus on something that can help, like improving schools and making mental health care free.
And making ALL folks 21 & under have drug screenings to pass muster with a 4473!

I sould not let them own or have unfettered access to pistols. Federal law says they cannot buy these at gun stores, now. I would not let them buy them from anybody.

But all federal gun laws are inherently illegal.
If you want any gun laws, they have to be by the states if you want to follow the rule of law.

Fuck your "gun rights" as children are being gunned down in school over & over & over & over again.

Nobody in this Country has the rigt to own an assault rifle, especially an 18 year old like those shitbags in Texas are allowing.
Fuck your free speech rights. Nobody in this country has the right to attack the 2A like you gun grabbing shit bags.

one thing most of these school shooters have in common [besides being crazy] is the vast majority have been under the age of 21 ... so the question is should the US ban large capacity firearms for people under the age of 21 ? would Americans that support the 2nd amendment agree to such a ban ? lets face the facts [and no i am not anti 2nd amend] there is a reason people under the age of 21 are not allowed to buy alcohol ... and that reason is when people that young imbibe they are statistically more likely to hurt themselves or others ... now i know that many of our military are under the age of 21 and handle automatic weapons but they are also under supervision from the chain of command and they were prepared through rigorous training ie..basic training ect .... the military does not hand a young man or woman an firearm the minute they are sworn into the armed forces ... they are trained first ... so should we ban large capacity firearms from non service members under the age of 21 ?
Well trained, armed security in all schools = problem solved.

Fuck your free speech rights. Nobody in this country has the right to attack the 2A like you gun grabbing shit bags.
I'm talking about why an 18 yr old punk is allowed to own an ASSAULT RIFLE, you stupid halfwit.

one thing most of these school shooters have in common [besides being crazy] is the vast majority have been under the age of 21 ... so the question is should the US ban large capacity firearms for people under the age of 21 ? would Americans that support the 2nd amendment agree to such a ban ? lets face the facts [and no i am not anti 2nd amend] there is a reason people under the age of 21 are not allowed to buy alcohol ... and that reason is when people that young imbibe they are statistically more likely to hurt themselves or others ... now i know that many of our military are under the age of 21 and handle automatic weapons but they are also under supervision from the chain of command and they were prepared through rigorous training ie..basic training ect .... the military does not hand a young man or woman an firearm the minute they are sworn into the armed forces ... they are trained first ... so should we ban large capacity firearms from non service members under the age of 21 ?
Thank you Yidnar, for at least wanting to discuss this.... You are a caring human being and father of many kids, who you wouldn't want to see killed in this manner.... Which is honorable, and can be easily understood by anyone, who is not in this thread for simply a partisan, political fight.

It is constitutional for states to put an age requirement for purchasing guns, including long arms....

States already do it.....as examp!e, Florida made the age to buy guns of any kind at 21 years old, in 2018.

Age to Purchase a Firearm

Since 2018 it has been illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to purchase a firearm. Florida Statute §790.065(13) states that a person under 21 years of age may not purchase a firearm. This applies to both handguns and long guns. However, it is not illegal for a person 18 – 21 years old to own a firearm. Although they cannot lawfully purchase a firearm, anyone over 18 years of age who is not otherwise disqualified an own and possess a handgun or rifle.

So, it can be done at the State level, but I'm uncertain if it could be done on a federal level?

If an 18, 19 or 20 -year-old isn't good enough to own a gun in civilian life, then they're not eligible to become members of the US Armed Forces until they're 21.

Thank you Yidnar, for at least wanting to discuss this.... You are a caring human being and father of many kids, who you wouldn't want to see killed in this manner.... Which is honorable, and can be easily understood by anyone, who is not in this thread for simply a partisan, political fight.

It is constitutional for states to put an age requirement for purchasing guns, including long arms....

States already do it.....as examp!e, Florida made the age to buy guns of any kind at 21 years old, in 2018.

Age to Purchase a Firearm

Since 2018 it has been illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to purchase a firearm. Florida Statute §790.065(13) states that a person under 21 years of age may not purchase a firearm. This applies to both handguns and long guns. However, it is not illegal for a person 18 – 21 years old to own a firearm. Although they cannot lawfully purchase a firearm, anyone over 18 years of age who is not otherwise disqualified an own and possess a handgun or rifle.

So, it can be done at the State level, but I'm uncertain if it could be done on a federal level?

i think many are hesitant of a federal ban for those under the age of 21 is because they fear the gov will use it as a precedent to go farther later on .... and sadly the gov does have a history of doing things like ..... so maybe the immediate thing to do is have armed trained security in all schools ....

Nobody in this Country has the rigt to own an assault rifle,
Fuck you, dumb ass. Move out. The second amendment guarantees that RIGHT. If you left wing POS's would quit trying to confuse the issues of gender and male/female relations, maybe we wouldn't experience the cockamamie mental issues that we are. You're an idiot asshole.

i think many are hesitant of a federal ban for those under the age of 21 is because they fear the gov will use it as a precedent to go farther later on .... and sadly the gov does have a history of doing things like ..... so maybe the immediate thing to do is have armed trained security in all schools ....
The VAST majority of American gun owners are responsible and have never broken a law with a weapon. Why penalize them because the democrats refuse to hold criminal elements responsible for their actions.

Forum List

Back