should the US prohibit people under the age of 21 from purchasing or owning large capacity guns ?

Do you think raising the age to purchase a firearm will help reduce the number of mass shootings?

• Yes

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • I'm not sure but it couldn't hurt

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Im not sure but that may be a violation of the 2nd Amendment

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yidnar

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2011
Inside your head.
one thing most of these school shooters have in common [besides being crazy] is the vast majority have been under the age of 21 ... so the question is should the US ban large capacity firearms for people under the age of 21 ? would Americans that support the 2nd amendment agree to such a ban ? lets face the facts [and no i am not anti 2nd amend] there is a reason people under the age of 21 are not allowed to buy alcohol ... and that reason is when people that young imbibe they are statistically more likely to hurt themselves or others ... now i know that many of our military are under the age of 21 and handle automatic weapons but they are also under supervision from the chain of command and they were prepared through rigorous training ie..basic training ect .... the military does not hand a young man or woman an firearm the minute they are sworn into the armed forces ... they are trained first ... so should we ban large capacity firearms from non service members under the age of 21 ?

No we should allow responsible kids over 16 to open carry. Just like in the Old West. No mass shootings.

Teen drivers are BY FAR the most dangerous drivers on the road. They are responsible for more deaths each year BY FAR than crazed gunmen. Should we raise the minimum driving age to 21?
not saying that ... driving is viewed as a necessity work school ect.... a kid owning a fire arm that can fire round after round at the squeeze of a trigger isnt .

one thing most of these school shooters have in common [besides being crazy] is the vast majority have been under the age of 21 ... so the question is should the US ban large capacity firearms for people under the age of 21 ? would Americans that support the 2nd amendment agree to such a ban ? lets face the facts [and no i am not anti 2nd amend] there is a reason people under the age of 21 are not allowed to buy alcohol ... and that reason is when people that young imbibe they are statistically more likely to hurt themselves or others ... now i know that many of our military are under the age of 21 and handle automatic weapons but they are also under supervision from the chain of command and they were prepared through rigorous training ie..basic training ect .... the military does not hand a young man or woman an firearm the minute they are sworn into the armed forces ... they are trained first ... so should we ban large capacity firearms from non service members under the age of 21 ?
Nope. However, I am not opposed to requiring a one-time firearm safety course for first time purchasers to include range instruction--for any age. If the purchaser does not have the capacity to understand and complete the course and exam--no sale. Forget the background checks--they don't work as was demonstated in Uvalde, TX. Mental health can only be improved when the progressive democrats quit trying to negate every social norm that has come to pass since the beginning of civilized society.

They also have a history of drug abuse...how about outlawing drugs? Oh that is right---laws don't mean anything to those not willing to follow the laws.

Perhaps tbe govt should make the age limit to join the military and kill people for politicians 21 years of age...?
They can't increase the age limit without also correcting the contradictions. So the minimum age for military service (or any job that requires firearms) would need to go up to 21. And by that logic nobody younger than 21 is mature enough to vote. Have an abortion without their parents consent etc.

But you and I both know this is simply phony gun control spin, not a serious debate.

I'd be okay with it and I would be okay with banning the carrying of them in public places. Sure you can have them on your farm or in your house, but nowhere else.

Absolutely. Why not? Would not hurt my feelings if they could only buy standard length bolt action rifles with no greater than 5 shot capacity (unplugged) and same for shot guns. Let them learn to hunt and shoot the way I did.

Forum List

Back