Debate Now Should Teenagers Be Able To Go To Sleep Whenever They Want To?

Should Teenagers Have A Bedtime?

• Total voters

If your teenager doesn't pass out the minute they get into their room, and you don't have trouble waking them up the next morning ...
They aren't doing enough chores ... Add two acres to the garden, go to Home Depot and buy some house paint,
and tell your neighbor your kid will mow their yard for free if needs be.

Work Ethic Baby ... Forget about teenagers, you should have been doing that when they were 10.

I made my kids work through high school and first two years of college despite the fact they didn't need to.
The exception was my son during swim season. He is a 3 time state champ, so there was no time for working.
I still watch some of his TV swim videos on you tube.
BlackSand - damn straight. I put work ethic high-high on the priority list growing up. And it paid off in spades.
Both are doing great. In a sea of lazy "I breath therefore I deserve" millennials - they shine like a beacon.

I made my kids work through high school and first two years of college despite the fact they didn't need to.
The exception was my son during swim season. He is a 3 time state champ, so there was no time for working.
I still watch some of his TV swim videos on you tube.
BlackSand - damn straight. I put work ethic high-high on the priority list growing up. And it paid off in spades.
Both are doing great. In a sea of lazy "I breath therefore I deserve" millennials - they shine like a beacon.

Thanks ... And I might have been a little over the top making a point.

Still ... If someone's child doesn't understand what it is like to get the most out of their day, whatever they are doing, then they aren't helping them.
There is almost nothing like making it through a big day and all you want is a full belly and a pillow.

Make your kids get up and do something, encourage them work, compete in sports, or even go to the lake or something.
Too many kids nowadays lay around doing nothing, accomplishing little, and that sets a standard that fundamentally neglects ambition.

I voted "no" for setting a bedtime, because every case is individual, and in any case it shouldn't be necessary.

No rules or anything in here, just curious. As I say that as long as a teenager (around fifteen or sixteen) doesn't have school the next morning or have anything to do and is not pestering their parents about not sleeping well enough, that as long as they are in their bedroom it doesn't matter if they are sleeping or watching movies as long as they are just having quiet time. I realize that that will probably cause some controversy around here, but I just don't see what the big deal is as long as there are those conditions that I just laid out met.
A teenager should get 8 to 10 hours sleep.

I didn't answer the poll because not enough info.

My two teen daughters have a firm 9:00 pm bedtime during school week but nothing firm for Friday and Saturday nights they go to bed no later than 10:00 pm most weekend nights on their own.

One of the daughters normally go to sleep around 8:00-8:30 on her own and wake up around 5:00-5:00 am on her own the other daughter goes to bed at 9:00 pm wake up around 6:30 am.

Their First Class is 8:00 am.

No rules or anything in here, just curious. As I say that as long as a teenager (around fifteen or sixteen) doesn't have school the next morning or have anything to do and is not pestering their parents about not sleeping well enough, that as long as they are in their bedroom it doesn't matter if they are sleeping or watching movies as long as they are just having quiet time. I realize that that will probably cause some controversy around here, but I just don't see what the big deal is as long as there are those conditions that I just laid out met.
I've worked in many a high-school classroom, and I gotta be honest: half of them already sleep whenever they want to.

I also talk to them about drugs, boys and how to determine if they are bad or good, to explain how to prevent being enslaved by ideology or avoid following conformity to be a freethinker never take anyone's word for it figure it out for themselves.

The concept of true PERSONAL freedom has been explained to them for years to help them understand how Materialism and Idealism ideology, drugs, cigarettes, alcohol and enslaving chemical and food behaviors can destroy your freedom when they let them become their addiction their god that must be satisfied no matter what even to steal or kill to support that addicting enslavement.

That will be my greatest success that they learn to keep true personal freedom always beaming through their entire lives.

Yeah, that's why I said it depends. School breaks would be an exception in my mind too.

No.Idle mind is the devils workshop.
My kids and later grandkids always found something to do before bedtime.
They learned early in life to say they were bored.I always could find them something to do,like wash walls or mop floors,etc..
One use to lie to pester the others by saying she "we are bored" all said in unison 'shut up'.

New Topics

Forum List

Back