Debate Now Should Teenagers Be Able To Go To Sleep Whenever They Want To?

Should Teenagers Have A Bedtime?

• Total voters

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
Easter Island (USA)
No rules or anything in here, just curious. As I say that as long as a teenager (around fifteen or sixteen) doesn't have school the next morning or have anything to do and is not pestering their parents about not sleeping well enough, that as long as they are in their bedroom it doesn't matter if they are sleeping or watching movies as long as they are just having quiet time. I realize that that will probably cause some controversy around here, but I just don't see what the big deal is as long as there are those conditions that I just laid out met.

believe it or not i actually agree with you on this one . teens should not be able to go to sleep whenever they want on a daily basis ... good sleeping habits are crucial to health .... now maybe on special occasions or if the kid is ill exceptions could be made .

Yeah, that's why I said it depends. School breaks would be an exception in my mind too.

believe it or not i actually agree with you on this one . teens should not be able to go to sleep whenever they want on a daily basis ... good sleeping habits are crucial to health .... now maybe on special occasions or if the kid is ill exceptions could be made .
Teenagers are idiots

They are lucky to reach 21

Might as well. You know how easy it was to pretend I was sleeping at 2AM? Now imagine I'm a teenager in 2022. I could lay around watching Netflix on my phone until 5AM

Might as well. You know how easy it was to pretend I was sleeping at 2AM? Now imagine I'm a teenager in 2022. I could lay around watching Netflix on my phone until 5AM

Exactly right? There's some things I don't agree with teenagers. When they think they know better than me or anybody else,.. especially their parents, but making them have the same bedtime they did when they were younger when they're nearly to adulthood I agree with them is silly,.. when they don't have a reason to go to bed as I stated earlier in this topic.

No rules or anything in here, just curious. As I say that as long as a teenager (around fifteen or sixteen) doesn't have school the next morning or have anything to do and is not pestering their parents about not sleeping well enough, that as long as they are in their bedroom it doesn't matter if they are sleeping or watching movies as long as they are just having quiet time. I realize that that will probably cause some controversy around here, but I just don't see what the big deal is as long as there are those conditions that I just laid out met.
I never married I do not have children but I've always noticed on the news the teens that are getting killed in Omaha are usually Hispanic or black and it's usually at late hours of the night. Given those facts, if I were a parent I would limit my teenagers time outside of the home to very little on late nights
Evenings are fine but once it gets late especially if they have school tomorrow they should be at home.

It depends on the teenager. Some teens are capable of acting responsibly and don't need that kind of oversight.

It depends on the teenager. Some teens are capable of acting responsibly and don't need that kind of oversight.
If parents abdicate too much of their parental responsibilities there will be problems no matter how good the kid is. They're teenagers, their hormones are raging and a lot of them think they're invisible. That's a recipe for disaster. Probably the ones that needed the most are the ones that think they don't need any supervision.

If parents abdicate too much of their parental responsibilities there will be problems no matter how good the kid is. They're teenagers, their hormones are raging and a lot of them think they're invisible. That's a recipe for disaster. Probably the ones that needed the most are the ones that think they don't need any supervision.
That word should be invincible not invisible.

No as in hell no.
The less decisions teenagers make for themselves, the better their future will be.
And that... extends into their 20s with the big stuff.

I'd just make sure that they knew that my bedtime automatically became their quiet time, around the house.
I think they need a little structure too. You don't want your kids staying up till 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning when they have to go to school the next day.

Forum List

Back