Debate Now People Are Upset With Employee Who Refused To Entertain Child

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
You know when I hear things like this I just don't understand the minds of some people. She's there to earn money to make a living, not to entertain child so she has every right to refuse to. She shouldn't be called names for doing so either. (Btw, there are no rules for this topic, but I would really appreciate it if people here didn't bash her for this either,.. but I'm still opening it up for opinions.)

You know when I hear things like this I just don't understand the minds of some people. She's there to earn money to make a living, not to entertain child so she has every right to refuse to. She shouldn't be called names for doing so either. (Btw, there are no rules for this topic, but I would really appreciate it if people here didn't bash her for this either,.. but I'm still opening it up for opinions.)

First off, the DQ worker is at work, obviously, to do whatever tasks described in her job description and nothing more. Work of any kind can be doldrums enough without the intrusion of external stimuli or co-workers who show up only to socialize. That being said, and taking into account the potential and modern tendency for instant online cancelation of any non-woke individual, she might have considered "playing along" if only for the purpose of blending in with the rest of the moronic social media addicted populace for another day.

On the other hand, big tech companies have convinced millions of our fellow human beings that social media has mass formed all of us into some kind of deity like all seeing and knowing hive mind, a hive mind that can do no wrong and can instantly judge the worth of any human being alive. If this DQ worker despises the thought of such cyber social media overlords, then she is not alone.

However, perhaps she ought to have played along and blended in if only for the purpose of maintaining her anonymity and keeping her face out of national news or social media videos or whatever. Myself, I would have told both the kid's parents and my manager where to go and walked off the job. Then again, I could never work in a fast-food type of environment or really any other job where constant exposure to the mass idiocy of the public is a daily constant requirement.

Forum List

Back