Should Memorial day be done away with?

America history has Genocide, Enslavement, and much more horrible things in it but let me ask you would you prefer to live here or Iran?

Mexico has a horrible history, and so does Canada and all of the World, so America past is not unusual when you look at it against the rest of the World!
America has never been honest about their history and they have yet to reckon with that.
Fuck you I don't know when you went to school but in the 60's and 70's I was taught IN SCHOOL about the Indian wars and the maltreatment applied to them I was taught about slavery and the poor treatment minorities received after the war was over and Jim crow occurred. So fuck off if you are younger then that and dems dumb downed history to social studies.
Gunny. you do realize that history is a type of social studies, right? You can't dumb it down to a simply broader category.
social studies is not history or rather it does not teach history it teaches crap feely good garbage and no specifics. when I went to school we had state history in middle school and US and world History in High school now they have bull shit social studies with no specifics about anything and all about how people felt.
With all due respect, you are simply wrong. History is a subset of social studies just the same as Algebra is a subset of mathematics. I should know, as I taught social studies, history, world history, economics, government and geography, all of which are social studies. I also taught Algebra, Geometry, Pre-Calculus as well as middle school math from 6th to 8th grade, all of which are mathematics.

America history has Genocide, Enslavement, and much more horrible things in it but let me ask you would you prefer to live here or Iran?

Mexico has a horrible history, and so does Canada and all of the World, so America past is not unusual when you look at it against the rest of the World!
America has never been honest about their history and they have yet to reckon with that.
Fuck you I don't know when you went to school but in the 60's and 70's I was taught IN SCHOOL about the Indian wars and the maltreatment applied to them I was taught about slavery and the poor treatment minorities received after the war was over and Jim crow occurred. So fuck off if you are younger then that and dems dumb downed history to social studies.
Gunny. you do realize that history is a type of social studies, right? You can't dumb it down to a simply broader category.
social studies is not history or rather it does not teach history it teaches crap feely good garbage and no specifics. when I went to school we had state history in middle school and US and world History in High school now they have bull shit social studies with no specifics about anything and all about how people felt.
With all due respect, you are simply wrong. History is a subset of social studies just the same as Algebra is a subset of mathematics. I should know, as I taught social studies, history, world history, economics, government and geography, all of which are social studies. I also taught Algebra, Geometry, Pre-Calculus as well as middle school math from 6th to 8th grade, all of which are mathematics.
have you reviewed the garbage they teach in middle school I had 2 kids go through it don't tell me what I saw and know.

have you reviewed the garbage they teach in middle school I had 2 kids go through it don't tell me what I saw and know.
Gunny, try reading my post again. I didn't take.

Bull$hit...

America was largely built on the backs of White European settlers and immigrants...

Its food-producing farms... its industry... its cities... most of them built by Free White Folk...

Oh, to be sure, there are some considerable contributions made by Black slave-labor...

But they're vastly overwhelmed and outnumbered by the scope and scale of White labor and industry over a span of centuries...

Much of what Black labor built dissolved in the years and decades following the American Civil War and vanished from the face of the earth decades ago...

Nobody disputes that Black Folk have made some excellent and substantial contributions to the building and sustenance of America and its wealth...

But don't delude yourselves that your 10-13% population segment did anywhere NEAR all the work nor contributed the lion's share of ideas or even sweat...

'Cause it just ain't so...

And it's time that White Folks become comfortable again... calling out your bull$hit.
Like I said, Americans are woefully ignorant of their country's history.

Prime example.
Indeed.

You are a prime example of Black inability to defend their assertion that the country was built on the back of Black slave labor.

When challenged you play the Ignorance Card or the Race Card (activist Black Folk use those interchangeably) but fall woefully short of refuting such points.

Your preachers repeat things for you in their services a thousand times and have your parrot and echo their point until you come to believe it's true.

You can spout-off all you want about the country being built on the backs of Black Slave Labor, but, unfortunately for you...

The legions of English and Germans and French and Poles and Italians and Irish etc. vastly outweigh and outnumber your paltry percentage of population...

And their works over generations are measured in the same way - vastly overwhelming and outnumbering your own works...

Again... that is not to say that "your" own "works" were insubstantial or unimportant or unwelcome... merely that they were actually quite finite...

With most... not all, but most... of the wealth generated ante bellum having long since evaporated into thin air without a trace...

Any assertion to the contrary on your part is mere delusion... it's good for a laugh, for those who understand history... but it just ain't so...

You gainsaying "Is too" is an exercise in both disingenuousness and futilty...

Sure thing like believing that the USA was founded in 1619 and the revolutionary war was fought over slavery?
America was founded and built on the backs of slaves. Undisputed fact.
Sure thing like believing that the USA was founded in 1619 and the revolutionary war was fought over slavery?
America was founded and built on the backs of slaves. Undisputed fact.
No it was not.

Your claim is not a fact it is a fallacy.

America has always been honest about it's history.

Forum List

Back