Nuggets, Wolves 2-2. Nobody can defend their home court!

What was troubling for Denver was their lack of an inside game. All they did was throw up three pointers, you can't win consistently in this league without an inside game. All they have for that is Joker, which can be enough if Murray and Porter and Gordon and company can make shots. They couldn't make anything last night.

I expect Denver will be playing well for game 7, but still think Minnesota is, overall, more talented. Almost all these games have been blowouts so far.

I think the NBA has the largest home court/field/etc. of major sports. It is generally unusual to see this.

What was troubling for Denver was their lack of an inside game. All they did was throw up three pointers, you can't win consistently in this league without an inside game. All they have for that is Joker, which can be enough if Murray and Porter and Gordon and company can make shots. They couldn't make anything last night.

I expect Denver will be playing well for game 7, but still think Minnesota is, overall, more talented. Almost all these games have been blowouts so far.
It is odd that all 6 games have been easy wins. Game 7 could be the exception with both teams leaving it all on the court.

There have been few BB players of the past few generations who could do their thing despite being the focus of the opponents' defense. MJ, Shaq, LeBron, Wilt. I'm not sure Jokic is at the same level. If the defense really focuses on him, the other players have to make their shots. Simple as that.

What a comeback wow! Down 20 and came back to win by 8 WITHOUT Edwards doing much offensively. Biggest deficit overcome in playoff history, congrats to the Wolves that is a dangerous team.

If Joker made half his 3s they would have won.

What Denver did wrong was blow a 12 point lead.

I'm so proud of the Timberwolves. I hope they win it all. These two guys look like Hall of Fame caliber players

1716223030221.png

1716223085910.png

And the other 3 score 10-14 ppg

If Joker made half his 3s they would have won.

What Denver did wrong was blow a 12 point lead.

I'm so proud of the Timberwolves. I hope they win it all. These two guys look like Hall of Fame caliber players

View attachment 949449

View attachment 949450
And the other 3 score 10-14 ppg
All the minutes Jokic played I think caught up with him in game 7. And like I said in previous posts, their defense shutdown the Nuggets. That was a 30 point turn around in the second half! If they do that more consistently they will be giving the Celtics all they want in the Championship.

All the minutes Jokic played I think caught up with him in game 7. And like I said in previous posts, their defense shutdown the Nuggets. That was a 30 point turn around in the second half! If they do that more consistently they will be giving the Celtics all they want in the Championship.
I hope they beat the Celtics. Yes they did play good defense on Denver but Denver also blew it. They blew a 10 plus point lead, at home, in the 3rd quarter.

I remember Giannis losing in the first round last year.

Winning a single championship is hard enough, but going back-to-back is only synonymous with 13 different NBA teams.

Only 7 football teams ever did it.

• Kansas City Chiefs, 2023-2024. ...
  • New England Patriots, 2003-2004. ...
  • Denver Broncos, 1997-1998. ...
  • Dallas Cowboys, 1992-1993. ...
  • San Francisco 49ers, 1988-1989. ...
  • Pittsburgh Steelers, 1978-1979. ...
  • Pittsburgh Steelers, 1974-1975. ...
  • Green Bay Packers, 1966-1967.

I hope they beat the Celtics. Yes they did play good defense on Denver but Denver also blew it. They blew a 10 plus point lead, at home, in the 3rd quarter.

I remember Giannis losing in the first round last year.

Winning a single championship is hard enough, but going back-to-back is only synonymous with 13 different NBA teams.

Only 7 football teams ever did it.

• Kansas City Chiefs, 2023-2024. ...
  • New England Patriots, 2003-2004. ...
  • Denver Broncos, 1997-1998. ...
  • Dallas Cowboys, 1992-1993. ...
  • San Francisco 49ers, 1988-1989. ...
  • Pittsburgh Steelers, 1978-1979. ...
  • Pittsburgh Steelers, 1974-1975. ...
  • Green Bay Packers, 1966-1967.
The Nuggets were up 20 in the 3rd quarter. You can say they blew the lead, but the TWolves defense had a lot to do with that. Jokic and Murray scored 70 but the rest of the team never even saw the rim.

The Nuggets were up 20 in the 3rd quarter. You can say they blew the lead, but the TWolves defense had a lot to do with that. Jokic and Murray scored 70 but the rest of the team never even saw the rim.

Oh and that brings me to my next gripe. I really expected Michael Porter Jr to be better this year than he was last year. He was not. He's about the same. And as a champ you either get better or you don't repeat. Look at the Bucks. That was/is a damn good team. Unfortunately other teams have gotten better too.

Yes they made Joker pass. Yes they gave him the 3, which he missed all night. They picked their poison and it paid off. Really happy for Minnesota. No fucking way Boston can beat them. And no way Indiana can beat Boston. And no way Dallas can beat Minnesota right?

Oh and that brings me to my next gripe. I really expected Michael Porter Jr to be better this year than he was last year. He was not. He's about the same. And as a champ you either get better or you don't repeat. Look at the Bucks. That was/is a damn good team. Unfortunately other teams have gotten better too.

Yes they made Joker pass. Yes they gave him the 3, which he missed all night. They picked their poison and it paid off. Really happy for Minnesota. No fucking way Boston can beat them. And no way Indiana can beat Boston. And no way Dallas can beat Minnesota right?
I wouldn't say no way to Dallas. Kyrie is finally playing like everyone thought he could. Doncic is playing MVP level in the playoffs but seriously he needs to stop raising his arms and whining over every single non-call. Whodathunk Kyrie would be the cooler head between those two!

They have to blow up this Nuggets team. Murray is a rare talent, and they need to trade him. He is a head case, just like Kyrie.

Porter Jr. is, on a good day, an average player. Gordon has overachieved all year, and he deserves praise for it, but he aint got much left in the tank.

Jokich, and Murray when he feels like playing, have elevated this team to a championship, but this team can never get back there, same with the Bucks. You have to build thru the draft, don't ever do what the Suns and the Bucks have done. This current team will be a playoff team but never again a champion.

I wouldn't say no way to Dallas. Kyrie is finally playing like everyone thought he could. Doncic is playing MVP level in the playoffs but seriously he needs to stop raising his arms and whining over every single non-call. Whodathunk Kyrie would be the cooler head between those two!
Yes Kyrie is proving that one year with Lebron may not have been a fluke. He is that damn good.

I just think Minnesota is too big and too good. But what do I know right? I've been wrong more times than a broken clock.

Porter chose to wear the blame Sunday night for Denver’s early exit from the playoffs after Game 7 against the Timberwolves. He averaged 10.7 points on 37.1% shooting from the field in the second-round series, and he made only 10 of his 35 shot attempts across the last four games, totaling 25 points.

“This was a terrible series,” Porter said after shooting 3 for 12 in a 98-90 Game 7 loss. “I felt like I might’ve had one or two good games out of the seven we played. Part of it was the way they were guarding. Part of it was (that) my shot wasn’t falling. It’s just tough because I know if I would have played up to par with how I normally play, we would have won this series. And there’s a lot of things that could have been different as a team, but I know if I had played my part, we would have won the series. And I’ve gotta live with that.”

It makes evaluating Porter’s season unexpectedly complicated all of a sudden. The regular season was a testament to the durability he has rediscovered after recovering from three back surgeries.

Porter played in 81 of 82 games, shattering a previous career-high of 62. He averaged 16.7 points and seven rebounds, shooting 39.7% from 3-point range and breaking a franchise record for most made 3s in a single season. Only four players in the NBA attempted more 3-pointers than Porter and shot them at a higher percentage: Steph Curry, Donte DiVincenzo, Paul George and C.J. McCollum. The difference between each of them and Porter is multiple inches of height.

Porter chose to wear the blame Sunday night for Denver’s early exit from the playoffs after Game 7 against the Timberwolves. He averaged 10.7 points on 37.1% shooting from the field in the second-round series, and he made only 10 of his 35 shot attempts across the last four games, totaling 25 points.

“This was a terrible series,” Porter said after shooting 3 for 12 in a 98-90 Game 7 loss. “I felt like I might’ve had one or two good games out of the seven we played. Part of it was the way they were guarding. Part of it was (that) my shot wasn’t falling. It’s just tough because I know if I would have played up to par with how I normally play, we would have won this series. And there’s a lot of things that could have been different as a team, but I know if I had played my part, we would have won the series. And I’ve gotta live with that.”

It makes evaluating Porter’s season unexpectedly complicated all of a sudden. The regular season was a testament to the durability he has rediscovered after recovering from three back surgeries.

Porter played in 81 of 82 games, shattering a previous career-high of 62. He averaged 16.7 points and seven rebounds, shooting 39.7% from 3-point range and breaking a franchise record for most made 3s in a single season. Only four players in the NBA attempted more 3-pointers than Porter and shot them at a higher percentage: Steph Curry, Donte DiVincenzo, Paul George and C.J. McCollum. The difference between each of them and Porter is multiple inches of height.
I was expecting him to elevate his game this year. With a championship under his belt. More confidence. I'm beginning to think he's just not that good. If he's on, he's good enough to help Jokic and Murray win but only if Aaron Gordon is playing well. He didn't play all that well either.

Did Denver blow it or did Minnesota shut them down and take it? Hard to say. Denver did blow a 20 point lead. Yes Minnesota earned that come back and victory but I feel like Denver choked and it's mostly the coaches fault for not calling time out when they were still up 8. Why wait till you are now down 10 to call a time out? Too fucking late coach.

But Minnesota sure did play good defense. So they took it. Denver choked but at the same time, Minnesota rose to the occasion.

Forum List

Back