Nuggets, Wolves 2-2. Nobody can defend their home court!

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Interesting series both teams failed to defend their turf and the games haven't been that close. For some reason it seems the T-Wolves lost that swarming defense they played in Denver. Game 5 predictions? I think it's going 7, Denver takes game 5 and T-Wolves game 6. Ant man continues to impress, another 40+ point game. He is something else.

I'm sticking with the series going seven. Denver defended their home court and I think the T-Wolves will do the same in game 6. The double team stopped Edwards tonight but they'll set more picks to free him up.

Right now Denver is on a heater. Jokich keeps schooling Gobert, and Gobert is killing that team and is a major offensive liability. His defense is not slowing down the Joker.

Coach Malone made a huge adjustment, he had Aaron Gordon start bringing the ball down, which freed up Murray to just move around and set up to score, but it is the play of Gordon, as well as Joker going off, and a few guys off the bench that have reminded the Wolves who the champs are.

The Wolves cannot rely on KAT to play smart basketball, Gobert is doing nothing, and Edwards does not have enough help. He reminds me of Jordan in his first couple years with the Bulls, when he did it all.

Right now Denver is on a heater. Jokich keeps schooling Gobert, and Gobert is killing that team and is a major offensive liability. His defense is not slowing down the Joker.

Coach Malone made a huge adjustment, he had Aaron Gordon start bringing the ball down, which freed up Murray to just move around and set up to score, but it is the play of Gordon, as well as Joker going off, and a few guys off the bench that have reminded the Wolves who the champs are.
The Wolves cannot rely on KAT to play smart basketball, Gobert is doing nothing, and Edwards does not have enough help. He reminds me of Jordan in his first couple years with the Bulls, when he did it all.
I think Naz Reid should start game 6, he's better offensively and defensively than Gobert right now. Townes is a dumb player but he can get hot shooting 3s and that's what they need out of him. I do think the T-Wolves will be screening a lot for Edwards to break up the double teams. I'm sticking with them in game 6 in a close one.

Was watching "ATH" & "PTI" on ESPN! The commentary made me sad I missed Jokic's 3rd qtr. brilliance! They raved about his footwork & agreed he's the best player in the NBA! They invoked Jabbar w/ the hook shot off the glass, the shake'n & bake'n of The Dream Akeem, the passing of Walton, & movement of Duncan w/ his back to the basket! That all took me back & made me smile! I can't stand today's basketball, esp. the regular season b/c it isn't the same! Today players are sloppy, carry & travel all too often, & can at times not be able to dribble up the court as last night the turnovers were ridiculous! :rolleyes: :stir::nono::p:omg:

I think Naz Reid should start game 6, he's better offensively and defensively than Gobert right now. Townes is a dumb player but he can get hot shooting 3s and that's what they need out of him. I do think the T-Wolves will be screening a lot for Edwards to break up the double teams. I'm sticking with them in game 6 in a close one.
Watching Denver these past 2 games has really been some of the best basketball I've seen in years, since the Bulls of the Jordan era almost. The Golden State dynasty is in there but seeing a 7 footer do what he does is unique to my memory. Don't remember Tim Duncan on this level.

Murray can be the scorer that Pippen was, and the rest of the team knows their role, just like Jordan's Bulls.

Watching Denver these past 2 games has really been some of the best basketball I've seen in years, since the Bulls of the Jordan era almost. The Golden State dynasty is in there but seeing a 7 footer do what he does is unique to my memory. Don't remember Tim Duncan on this level.

Murray can be the scorer that Pippen was, and the rest of the team knows their role, just like Jordan's Bulls.
Jokic and Doncic I think are very similar in playing style. They almost look slow as they are going into their shot. But what they are doing is analyzing what the defender is doing and then proceed to make them look silly. I still think the Wolves find a way to slow Jokic down and get Edwards going. Edwards is so quick and athletic he's a rare talent future MVP for sure.

Was watching "ATH" & "PTI" on ESPN! The commentary made me sad I missed Jokic's 3rd qtr. brilliance! They raved about his footwork & agreed he's the best player in the NBA! They invoked Jabbar w/ the hook shot off the glass, the shake'n & bake'n of The Dream Akeem, the passing of Walton, & movement of Duncan w/ his back to the basket! That all took me back & made me smile! I can't stand today's basketball, esp. the regular season b/c it isn't the same! Today players are sloppy, carry & travel all too often, & can at times not be able to dribble up the court as last night the turnovers were ridiculous! :rolleyes: :stir::nono::p:omg:
He's always under control and his shot release is pure butter.

Jokic and Doncic I think are very similar in playing style. They almost look slow as they are going into their shot. But what they are doing is analyzing what the defender is doing and then proceed to make them look silly. I still think the Wolves find a way to slow Jokic down and get Edwards going. Edwards is so quick and athletic he's a rare talent future MVP for sure.
It is not Edwards that needs help though, it is KAT. I agree with you about Naz Reid and I guarantee he will see more playing time in this one than in the last one. It aint working with Gobert.

Listening to Reggie Miller and that other former player who was broadcasting beside him, those dudes were like "Damn!", they knew they were watching an all time great in Jokich. I am with you in your disappointment with today's players, especially guys like Embiid. Can't stand to watch him play, even though he is a good player.

It is not Edwards that needs help though, it is KAT. I agree with you about Naz Reid and I guarantee he will see more playing time in this one than in the last one. It aint working with Gobert.
I'm going to disagree with you there. I think Townes can shoot threes without help but Edwards struggled against their double team. He only had 18 he'll need twice that if they're going to win game 6.

I'm going to disagree with you there. I think Townes can shoot threes without help but Edwards struggled against their double team. He only had 18 he'll need twice that if they're going to win game 6.
Yea, you're right, but with Edwards being doubled, they are giving KAT the opportunities and he aint doing anything.

He continually does dumb things though, like needless fouls and turnovers. He is also a crybaby to the refs.

Wow, what a blow out! So does that give the T-Wolves momentum in game 7 or does it motivate the Nuggets? I think the T-Wolves found their defensive intensity and they take game 7.

115 to 70. WOW!

45-point blowout win​

After putting up one of the best offensive games in NBA playoff history on Tuesday, Nikola Jokic was held under wraps in Game 6 thanks to an altered strategy from the Wolves. Conventional thinking is that you need to decide whether to make Jokic a scorer or a passer when designing a defensive scheme, and after what they saw in Game 5 (along with the accompanying criticism of four-time Defensive Player of the Year Rudy Gobert), the Wolves clearly elected to choose the latter.

They sent double teams early and often, which can be poison against the Nuggets given Jokic's passing ability, but on Thursday it worked to perfection. With Murray having a rough game and the shots not falling for Denver, Jokic was held to just two assists in 35 minutes -- his lowest postseason total since 2021.

Rudy Gobert came out and faced his critics while limiting Jokic quiet (22 and 9 assists) and scoring 8 points and pulling down 14 rebounds to help keep his team alive in the Western Conference Semis.

115 to 70. WOW!

45-point blowout win​

After putting up one of the best offensive games in NBA playoff history on Tuesday, Nikola Jokic was held under wraps in Game 6 thanks to an altered strategy from the Wolves. Conventional thinking is that you need to decide whether to make Jokic a scorer or a passer when designing a defensive scheme, and after what they saw in Game 5 (along with the accompanying criticism of four-time Defensive Player of the Year Rudy Gobert), the Wolves clearly elected to choose the latter.

They sent double teams early and often, which can be poison against the Nuggets given Jokic's passing ability, but on Thursday it worked to perfection. With Murray having a rough game and the shots not falling for Denver, Jokic was held to just two assists in 35 minutes -- his lowest postseason total since 2021.

Rudy Gobert came out and faced his critics while limiting Jokic quiet (22 and 9 assists) and scoring 8 points and pulling down 14 rebounds to help keep his team alive in the Western Conference Semis.

Some days it's just not "your day!" It had to happen; even a blowout loss by Jokic! Maybe it's a kind of Karma (balance) you get when overachieving a game before! I recall the Utah Jazz w/ Malone & Stockton! It happened to them a lot; drop'n games by 30-40+ pts. when the P&R's don't work & the shots don't fall! :omg:

Some days it's just not "your day!" It had to happen; even a blowout loss by Jokic! Maybe it's a kind of Karma (balance) you get when overachieving a game before! I recall the Utah Jazz w/ Malone & Stockton! It happened to them a lot; drop'n games by 30-40+ pts. when the P&R's don't work & the shots don't fall! :omg:
Well now I would not bet on either team. I used to say I think Denver is going to win. I don't think that right now. But I also don't think they're going to lose. Know what I mean?

And if I hadn't learned my lesson, I would say the winner of this series is going to make it past Dallas. Assuming they finish their series against OKC. UPSET? Maybe Kyrie is that damn good? Could Dallas get past Denver/Minnesota? Have a Dallas Boston finals? No one would have saw that coming. Well not the Dallas part. Boston.

Holy shit Knicks vs Dallas? I wish NY was healthy.

DEN started out slow and terrible in MINN and MINN took advantage. I thought DEN might recover and go on a run but not to be. They Cost me almost all of my G6 bets on that game (betting DEN to begin scoring along with MINN to continue scoring).

DEN could win G7 at home. But nothing is for certain. Why did they look so slow, sluggish, tired, confused? at the MINN game? MINN had to travel too? MINN is not that much younger if at all?

A bit worriesome for DEN now. G6 definetly got their attention. They will have to change some stuff up now. Risky business.

Forum List

Back