Should Gun Owners Form A Militia?

Trust people that will strengthen the tenth admendment....

So State government. Shall we look at the record of the State?

Its fascinating that what conservatives argue for, almost universally, is more government power. And almost always, at the cost of rights.
No, a state run by people who are limited to one term, and can tell the federal government to fuck off when they don't agree to their tyranny...

What state is that? And who, pray tell, would check the State's tyranny?

Shall we go through the history of State abuses? They're quite horrific. And you insist we should be giving them *more* power to strip their citizens of rights.
Don't you have any reading comprehension?? States rights to limit the federal government's oppression of the states citizens. The federal government has all but fully neutered the tenth admendment...

States don't have rights. People do. You've clearly never read the 10th amendment if you're going to cite it as the basis of States having 'rights'. The word 'rights' never appears in it. States have Powers.

And you insisted that we couldn't trust the federal government because of its record. The record of the States on abusing its powers and the rights of its citizen is awful. Thus, by your own standards, we shouldn't trust the State governments either.

Yet you're arguing that the States should have *more* power to abuse their citizens and strip them of rights. Your argument is a self contradictory mess.
Na, not really.
The citizens of each state(states rights) should be able to tell the federal government to fuck off on such things like Obamacare, gun control etc.
Because the federal government does not know what is best for the country After all... Career politicians and their puppet masters own the federal government.

So State government. Shall we look at the record of the State?

Its fascinating that what conservatives argue for, almost universally, is more government power. And almost always, at the cost of rights.
No, a state run by people who are limited to one term, and can tell the federal government to fuck off when they don't agree to their tyranny...

Shall we go through the history of State abuses? They're quite horrific. And you insist we should be giving them *more* power to strip their citizens of rights.
Don't you have any reading comprehension?? States rights to limit the federal government's oppression of the states citizens. The federal government has all but fully neutered the tenth admendment...

States don't have rights. People do. You've clearly never read the 10th amendment if you're going to cite it as the basis of States having 'rights'. The word 'rights' never appears in it. States have Powers.

And you insisted that we couldn't trust the federal government because of its record. The record of the States on abusing its powers and the rights of its citizen is awful. Thus, by your own standards, we shouldn't trust the State governments either.

Yet you're arguing that the States should have *more* power to abuse their citizens and strip them of rights. Your argument is a self contradictory mess.
Na, not really.
The citizens of each state(states rights) should be able to tell the federal government to fuck off on such things like Obamacare, gun control etc.

Then you're ignoring your own standard of the record of a government defining whether or not a government should be trusted.

Na, not really.

Then you're ignoring your own standard of the record of a government defining whether or not a government should be trusted.
Trust is earned... Has the federal government done that??

Na, not really.

And based on the record of the States, they've done a pretty shitty job of it. Jim Crow laws, interracial marriage bans, criminalizing interracial sex, segregation, institutionalized racism. The lists go on and on.

Why would I trust State government? Especially when you're insisting that I give them MORE power with LESS oversight?

Na, not really.

And based on the record of the States, they've done a pretty shitty job of it. Jim Crow laws, interracial marriage bans, criminalizing interracial sex, segregation, institutionalized racism. The lists go on and on.

Why would I trust State government? Especially when you're insisting that I give them MORE power with LESS oversight?
Who is overseeing the federal government? Well, supposedly, we are. It's HUGE, unaccountable, and bankrupt. More power to the states taken away from the fed actually gives YOU more freedom. Don't like the laws your state is imposing? Move to a state more to your liking. Don't like the laws the fed is imposing? Tough shit.

Na, not really.

Career politicians own the federal government, they can do whatever they want. This Clintons and Obama's have really showed this to be true, along with the bushes(read my lips no new Taxes) The federal government is like the most corrupt state(Illinois) on steroids fifty times over.
There is nothing to keep the federal government in check for decades now...

Na, not really.

Career politicians own the federal government, they can do whatever they want. This Clintons and Obama's have really showed this to be true, along with the bushes(read my lips no new Taxes) The federal government is like the most corrupt state(Illinois) on steroids fifty times over.

You completely ignore my question. Why would I trust the states? They've abused rights, been corrupt, abused power, suppressed entire peoples.

By your own reasoning, I wouldn't.

When I ask you about the actions of the States, you talk of the will of the people they represent. By that logic, when we speak of the actions of the Federal Government, you would talk of the States they represent. As the Legislatures is made exclusively of State representatives. The President elected by State representatives. The Judiciary nominated and confirmed State Representatives or those chosen by them.

Thus, using your own standards I should hold the STATES responsible for the actions of the Federal Government.

Which begs the same question: why would I trust the States?

Na, not really.

You completely ignore my question. Why would I trust the states? They've abused rights, been corrupt, abused power, suppressed entire peoples.

When I ask you about the actions of the States, you talk of the will of the people they represent. By that logic, when we speak of the actions of the Federal Government, you would talk of the States they represent. As the Legislatures is made exclusively of State representatives. The President elected by State representatives. The Judiciary nominated and confirmed State Representatives or those chosen by them.

Thus, using your own standards I should hold the STATES responsible for the actions of the Federal Government.

The people make up the states, limited toone term politicial careers would keep the good ol' boys at bay.
The career politicians and their federal government have no clue of what is best for each individual and their states.

The people make up the states, limited toone term politicial careers would keep the good ol' boys at bay.
The career politicians and their federal government have no clue of what is best for each individual and their states.
The people make up the States in the exact way that the States make up the Federal Government. The state legislatures are the people's representatives. The Federal Legislatures, the States.

Per your own logic, the STATES are to blame for the Federal government's actions. And given the States own record of abuse, corruption, oppression and blatant stupidity,....

.....why would I trust the States?

Forum List

Back