Should gambling be permitted on professional wrestling?

It will be a cash cow for the crooks behind the scenes, espscialy live betting lol. No, it will pad the pockets of crooks even worse than boxing did.

WWE is doing its best to promote it, but the problem seems to be that regulators are concerned that the pro game is corrupt in wrestling.

My wife had a restaurant in Charlotte near the Coliseum. Most of the wrestlers ate there. She had a cook who became a wrestler. The cook was a classmate and friend of my son and daughter. He used to tell us stories and that the wrestlers would practice for a week with their opponents.

At first I thought this was a stupid idea since rasslin' is fake.

But then I remembered back when Dallas was on, "Who shot JR?" was one of the biggest betting lines in Vegas history up until that time. So what's the difference?

Why not? I bet on performance pieces all the time.
If they ever redo Gone With the Wind & the South wins the Civil War, I'm gonna clean up.
Same with Wizard of Oz if Dorothy stays in Oz & becomes a throuple with the Cowardly Lion & the Tin Man

WWE is doing its best to promote it, but the problem seems to be that regulators are concerned that the pro game is corrupt in wrestling.

Isn't it pretty much common knowledge that most professional wrestling is staged, that the outcomes are predetermined before the match actually occurs?

It seems that there is just too much room for skullduggery in any gambling based on it.

Isn't it pretty much common knowledge that most professional wrestling is staged, that the outcomes are predetermined before the match actually occurs?

It seems that there is just too much room for skullduggery in any gambling based on it.
Most??

Corrupt? Corrupt??? Are you kidding??? We already know the conclusion has been decided before the match even begun. Most of the time it's kind of obvious who's going to win. If you've been paying attention for the last few week you know who they are giving the push to. But every once in awhile they throw us a curve. If you want to bet on Wrestling, you should be allowed.

Are you worried that they will change the outcome once all the bets are in? That could be a valid concern. If everyone bets that Dominic is going to beat his father at Wrestlemania, HHH and Stephanie at the last minute after consulting with Vegas can change the outcome.

Vegas is rigged too. We all know it yet we all go hoping we will be the exception to the rule. And remember, don't bet any money you can't afford to lose.

My wife had a restaurant in Charlotte near the Coliseum. Most of the wrestlers ate there. She had a cook who became a wrestler. The cook was a classmate and friend of my son and daughter. He used to tell us stories and that the wrestlers would practice for a week with their opponents.

My boss said one of the wrestlers I watch is in a band he loves. The bigger guy. The Butcher.

1678970394880.jpeg

Wrestling is more scripted than the movies. Only idiots believe any of it is authentic
Some of it is authentic. When John Cena and the Rock went at each other John hit the rock below the belt in a promo with some personal shit and they didn't like each other. It made for much better promos moving forward. They were MEAN to each other.

Bret Hart and The Heart Break Kid hated each other. Made for great drama. Sure it is fake but it's an art form man.

At first I thought this was a stupid idea since rasslin' is fake.

But then I remembered back when Dallas was on, "Who shot JR?" was one of the biggest betting lines in Vegas history up until that time. So what's the difference?
The only way it could be bad is if the producers and Vegas are in on it together. And they pick the character who killed JR based on how much money they'll win.

If it's decided and they aren't colluding with Vegas, no problem.

Some of it is authentic. When John Cena and the Rock went at each other John hit the rock below the belt in a promo with some personal shit and they didn't like each other. It made for much better promos moving forward. They were MEAN to each other.

Bret Hart and The Heart Break Kid hated each other. Made for great drama. Sure it is fake but it's an art form man.
just stop it.

Of course it'd be corrupt in gambling. It's all theater. Lol It'd be too easy.

I think you are right. There is a degree of corruption in pro wrestling and always has been. After his career, Bruno Sammartino was interviewed and admitted that there have been competitors out there who have taken dives, although he assured the fans that he was always 100% on the up and up.

just stop it.
Andre the Giant beat the shit out of guys until he started to like them. Yes it's fake but Andre is still slapping you hard across the chest.

And there's nothing fake about what Mick Foley did. He was crazy. Was the match fake? Sure. But what he put himself through was not fake.

It's the greatest show on earth. It combines soap opera with sports with hot men and women and drama and suspense.....If I could only watch one thing the rest of my life it might be Pro Wrestling

I even watch the lower circuit shows. It's funny when you see a former WWE star who was let go and now is working for a shitty league. I can't watch Women of Wrestling. WOW. Yea, wow are most of the women fugly. They need better looking women if they want me to watch.

Forum List

Back