Should gambling be permitted on professional wrestling?

I think you are right. There is a degree of corruption in pro wrestling and always has been. After his career, Bruno Sammartino was interviewed and admitted that there have been competitors out there who have taken dives, although he assured the fans that he was always 100% on the up and up.

That would cost you your job. If Vince says you win tonight and you get pinned you'd be fired.

I think you are right. There is a degree of corruption in pro wrestling and always has been. After his career, Bruno Sammartino was interviewed and admitted that there have been competitors out there who have taken dives, although he assured the fans that he was always 100% on the up and up.
But like, the combat isn't even real. I've watched WWE. They aren't actually punching and crunching each other. They're acting while doing gymnastics. Is there even truly a competitive element? I just assumed the boss always knows who will win.

Andre the Giant beat the shit out of guys until he started to like them. Yes it's fake but Andre is still slapping you hard across the chest.

And there's nothing fake about what Mick Foley did. He was crazy. Was the match fake? Sure. But what he put himself through was not fake.

It's the greatest show on earth. It combines soap opera with sports with hot men and women and drama and suspense.....If I could only watch one thing the rest of my life it might be Pro Wrestling

I even watch the lower circuit shows. It's funny when you see a former WWE star who was let go and now is working for a shitty league. I can't watch Women of Wrestling. WOW. Yea, wow are most of the women fugly. They need better looking women if they want me to watch.
I'm a CO. Inmates love that women of wrestling shit. Wrestling, football, basketball and Family Feud. Every damn day.

Andre the Giant beat the shit out of guys until he started to like them. Yes it's fake but Andre is still slapping you hard across the chest.

Probably one of the great proofs of the fakeness of professional wrestling.

In a fictional context, giants make for great monsters, bigger and mightier than normal people.

In reality, the human body only really works well within a certain size range, and when you get beyond that range, it doesn't work all that well at all. In a fair fight, a man of normal size, and reasonable robustness, could probably kick the ass of a giant like André. Giants usually have some degree of physical disability, along with health problems and short lifespans. André only lived to the age of 46.

It professional wrestling was real, I don't think that André the Giant could have been at all successful at it. At his size, he was probably too close to collapsing under his own weight, to be able to function with someone intentionally trying to collapse him.

The tallest man known to have ever lived, Robert Wadlow, only lived to the age of 29 years. He had to wear braces to support his legs, because they weren't strong enough to support his full weight normally. At the time of his death, he was less than an inch short of nine feet tall.

By similar principles, if you could scale an insect up to the side of a human, it would collapse under its own weight. The way insects are structured works well in that size range, but not for anything very much bigger. It takes different kinds of structure for a living organism to exist at different sizes. An elephant is build differently than a horse, which is built differently than a human, which is built differently than an ant, which is built differently than a rotifer.

Last edited:
I'm a CO. Inmates love that women of wrestling shit. Wrestling, football, basketball and Family Feud. Every damn day.

Ask the inmates what they think about the guy who was a former contestant on Family Feud who just recently was charged with murdering his wife.

The question they asked him on the show was "Name something you wish you wouldn't have done on your wedding night?"

His answer, "say I DO".

Then he said, "not me, i love my wife, boy I'm going to get in trouble for that answer huh Steve?"

Yea because they are going to use it at your trial. LOL.

In a fictional context, giants make for great monsters, bigger and mightier than normal people.

In reality, the human body only really works well within a certain size range, and when you get beyond that range, it doesn't work all that well at all. In a fair fight, a man of normal size, and reasonable robustness, could probably kick the ass of a giant like André. Giants usually have some degree of physical disability, along with health problems and short lifespans. André only lived to the age of 46.

It professional wrestling was real, I don't think that André the Giant could have been at all successful at it. At his size, he was probably too close to collapsing under his own weight, to be able to function with someone intentionally trying to collapse him.

The tallest man known to have ever lived, Robert Wadlow, only lived to the age of 29 years. He had to wear braces to support his legs, because they weren't strong enough to support his full weight normally. At the time of his death, he was less than an inch short of nine feet tall.

By similar principles, if you could scale an insect up to the side of a human, it would collapse under its own weight. The way insects are structured works well in that size range, but not for anything very much bigger. It takes different kinds of structure for a living organism to exist at different sizes. An elephant is build differently than a horse, which is built differently than a human, which is built differently than an ant, which is built differently than a rotifer.

Omos seems much healthier than Andre the Giant. I agree with you about Andre. Those guys would be so fast and kick his ass. He'd never touch them. But in big time wrestling you have to follow the script. And that's letting him pick you up and throw you, slap your chest, drop a let on your face, etc.

IDK even Hulk Hogan was afraid of him. But Hogan might not have been a MMA fighter. I agree Brock Lesner would kill him.

Funny there is a new Andrew the Giant and he's going to fight Brock Lesner at Wrestlemania. Omos is much healthier than Andre. And Andre drank too much. That put a lot of weight on him. Maybe if he lived healthy he wouldn't have died as young.

1678979893023.jpeg

images

images

WWE is not professional wrestling and betting on a theatrical show is just dumb,,
Yes it is professional wrestling. Professional wrestling just happens to be fake.

I wrestled in college. That's as high as you can go in wrestling. From there it's either MMA or Big Time Wrestling.

Yes it is professional wrestling. Professional wrestling just happens to be fake.

I wrestled in college. That's as high as you can go in wrestling. From there it's either MMA or Big Time Wrestling.
no wonder dems are fucking idiots if they think WWE is real wrestling,,

Funny there is a new Andrew the Giant and he's going to fight Brock Lesner at Wrestlemania. Omos is much healthier than Andre.

Hadn't heard of him, but then I don't usually follow such nonsense as professional wrestling.

Looks like he's fitter than André was, but still, the same principles would apply. According to the Wikipedia, he's at about 403 pounds, more than his legs are likely to be able to reliably and properly support. Robert Wadlow had to wear braces on his legs, because they couldn't support his 438 pounds.

That's Robert Wadlow, standing next to his father, some years before his death. He never stopped growing, until he died, so by the time he died, he was taller than this picture shows.

1678982141586.png

Hadn't heard of him, but then I don't usually follow such nonsense as professional wrestling.

Looks like he's fitter than André was, but still, the same principles would apply. According to the Wikipedia, he's at about 403 pounds, more than his legs are likely to be able to reliably and properly support. Robert Wadlow had to wear braces on his legs, because they couldn't support his 438 pounds.

That's Robert Wadlow, standing next to his father, some years before his death. He never stopped growing, until he died, so by the time he died, he was taller than this picture shows.

View attachment 766328
My cousin is over 7 foot tall. I won't tell you any more or you could find out my last name. I used to worry he was not going to be comfortable when he gets older with that tall body. But he seems okay. Of course he isn't going to tell you his problems so what do I know. But he has a hot wife. She fell in love with him when he played basketball.

No one that famous but it was fun while it lasted. I hope he saved his money because his wife is expensive. So are his 3 kids.

But as tall as he is, he seems fine. I thought the same thing as you about him but so far so good. He's probably closing in on 60.

I guess it's good to be short like me then huh? 5'6?

that means its not professional wrestin,,
They get paid. And they wrestle around. Hence professional wrestling.

Are soap operas professional acting? Who

I love the argument are you a wrestler or sports entertainer? I like the sports entertainers better than the wrestlers.

If you can't talk you have to be a good wrestler. And a lot of people love what's happening in the ring. I don't care about watching the wrestling as much as I love the promos. The trash talk. So many of them are bad at it. So I really love the guys and girls who are good at it. Two of the best right now are MJF and The Man Becky Lynch. Good smack talk. Or Chris Jericho.

The Rock is the GOAT as far as all the smack talk. No one comes close. I loved Piper's corner. He was fucking crazy. I love Stone Cold. I LOVE Sammy Zayn. So fucking funny. These guys are hilarious.

But if you aren't good on the mic I will fast forward your shit until something interesting happens. Sometimes I watch a really good match and appreciate the two athletes so I watch the entire thing. You know the match is good when the crowd cheers "THIS IS AWESOME" That's when you know they popped.

I love watching the shows about Rock Vs Stone Cold or John Cena vs the Rock. I somehow missed John Cena vs the Rock. They really didn't like each other and Cena admits he went low but didn't consult with Rock before he did it. Called Rock out for having notes written on his wrist. That was really embarrassing for the Rock and that wasn't staged.

The story lines immediately started getting better when Vince lost creative control. And at AEW wrestlers can be who they want to be. In WWE Vince might tell you that you're going to be Boom Boom The Butt Plug Boy and you have to go out and sell it. If you don't, you might get fired. Too much control. Control over the character's name. So The Rock can't go to AEW and be THE ROCK. He has to call himself something else. Bryan Danielson was Daniel Brian in the WWE.

They get paid. And they wrestle around. Hence professional wrestling.

Are soap operas professional acting? Who

I love the argument are you a wrestler or sports entertainer? I like the sports entertainers better than the wrestlers.

If you can't talk you have to be a good wrestler. And a lot of people love what's happening in the ring. I don't care about watching the wrestling as much as I love the promos. The trash talk. So many of them are bad at it. So I really love the guys and girls who are good at it. Two of the best right now are MJF and The Man Becky Lynch. Good smack talk. Or Chris Jericho.

The Rock is the GOAT as far as all the smack talk. No one comes close. I loved Piper's corner. He was fucking crazy. I love Stone Cold. I LOVE Sammy Zayn. So fucking funny. These guys are hilarious.

But if you aren't good on the mic I will fast forward your shit until something interesting happens. Sometimes I watch a really good match and appreciate the two athletes so I watch the entire thing. You know the match is good when the crowd cheers "THIS IS AWESOME" That's when you know they popped.

I love watching the shows about Rock Vs Stone Cold or John Cena vs the Rock. I somehow missed John Cena vs the Rock. They really didn't like each other and Cena admits he went low but didn't consult with Rock before he did it. Called Rock out for having notes written on his wrist. That was really embarrassing for the Rock and that wasn't staged.

The story lines immediately started getting better when Vince lost creative control. And at AEW wrestlers can be who they want to be. In WWE Vince might tell you that you're going to be Boom Boom The Butt Plug Boy and you have to go out and sell it. If you don't, you might get fired. Too much control. Control over the character's name. So The Rock can't go to AEW and be THE ROCK. He has to call himself something else. Bryan Danielson was Daniel Brian in the WWE.
a theatrical event using a script with predetermined winners in not a sport or professional,,

if you want to call them professional actors that would fit,,

What would you pick if you could only watch one thing on tv? Here are some choices

One really good sitcom that ran for a long time. Seinfeld? I'd get sick of them.
Family Guy. Sick of them.
The Simpson's. Only because there are so many episodes and I haven't seen most of them.
NBA basketball is a possibility. They'll be around for a long time.
Football. Nah because it's not year round. Only like 20 weeks.
Your favorite TV show will eventually get cancelled.

Wrestling has been on since I was a kid. WWF to WWE. It's like the longest running show or one of.

Yes, absolutely if I had to pick one thing I could watch it would be wrestling. Hopefully I get to watch AEW and WWE not just one. But if I had to pick it would be WWE because I think they'll be here even after I'm dead.

What would you pick if you could only watch one thing on tv? Here are some choices

One really good sitcom that ran for a long time. Seinfeld? I'd get sick of them.
Family Guy. Sick of them.
The Simpson's. Only because there are so many episodes and I haven't seen most of them.
NBA basketball is a possibility. They'll be around for a long time.
Football. Nah because it's not year round. Only like 20 weeks.
Your favorite TV show will eventually get cancelled.

Wrestling has been on since I was a kid. WWF to WWE. It's like the longest running show or one of.

Yes, absolutely if I had to pick one thing I could watch it would be wrestling. Hopefully I get to watch AEW and WWE not just one. But if I had to pick it would be WWE because I think they'll be here even after I'm dead.
Ken Burns Documentaries...he's never made a bad episode.

Forum List

Back