Senate Report: Biden left as many as 9,000 American citizens in Afghanistan after withdrawal

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Once again, Biden lied.

"US Government Left As Many As 9,000 American Citizens In Afghanistan After Withdrawal, Senate Report Reveals"​

"As many as 9,000 American citizens were left in Afghanistan when the U.S. military withdrew from the country Aug. 31, according to a report released Thursday by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

In public statements, Biden administration officials, including Secretary of State Antony Blinken, claimed that only 100-150 Americans remained in Afghanistan and had contacted the U.S. government with a desire to leave. The State Department and Defense Department officials stuck to that number, even as the government publicly admitted that large numbers of American citizens were still leaving the country.

The report, signed by Foreign Relations ranking member Jim Risch of Idaho, reveals that State Department officials believed that between 10,000 and 15,000 Americans were in Afghanistan as late as Aug. 17. In the next two weeks, only 6,000 Americans were able to escape the country ahead of the Taliban takeover. In testimony in front of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, however, Blinken claimed that “approximately 100-150 remained in Afghanistan who still wished to depart...

Despite these logistical failures, as well as the death of 13 American service members in an ISIS-K terrorist attack, the Biden administration has claimed its withdrawal efforts a success."

US Government Left As Many As 9,000 American Citizens In Afghanistan After Withdrawal, Senate Report Reveals

Why did Trump not withdraw these Americans as he did with the military before Biden was elected?

~~~~~~
Trump certainly lives rent free in your brain. Joey Xi Bai Dung nullified ALL Executive orders and decision made by Trump within hours of taking his fraudulent and illegal oath of office on January 21st, 2021.
Bai Dung made no plans to withdraw from Afghanistan until after the Taliban moved to take over the main cities and Kabul was in jeopardy.
Remember Joey Xi Bai Dung ordered the closing of Bagram Airbase in the middle of the night.

Last edited:
The evacuation of Afghanistan was a success that is unmatched in history. If Americans were left behind, it was their choice.

Compare the loss of 13 to the massive slaughter it could have been if the Taliban hadn't received the deal they needed for them to take over government.

The only question remaining is, who made the deal with the Taliban? Trump or Biden?

I have got to say, I have no real sympathy for these folks. They had known for at least 16 months or more we were pulling all our troops out, they choose to stay.

What ever happened to the Repubs being the party of personal responsibility?

When you're doing something like withdrawing from a war zone perfection is not possible. It's a question of how messy it will be. Some harm being done is impossible to avoid. Also it's not like Biden personally coordinated it. It was military officials, the same kinds that would have coordinated it under Trump. I don't like Biden at all, but this criticism is one I don't agree with.

If Trump had been president the left and right would have flipped positions in this debate. It's silly.

~~~~~~
Trump certainly lives rent free in your brain. Joey Xi Bai Dung nullified ALL Executive orders and decision made by Trump within hours of taking his fraudulent and illegal oath of office on January 21st, 2021.
Bai Dung made no plans to withdraw from Afghanistan until after the Taliban moved to take over the main cities and Kabul was in jeopardy.
Remember Joey Xi Bai Dung ordered the closing of Bagram Airbase in the middle of the night.
I can tell you have serious problems actually discussing the issue and the strategic and tactical points of the failure of two presidents to withdraw from an occupational war zone...Evidently, you can't handle the level of intelligence to undertake such a movement.

When you're doing something like withdrawing from a war zone perfection is not possible. It's a question of how messy it will be. Some harm being done is impossible to avoid. Also it's not like Biden personally coordinated it. It was military officials, the same kinds that would have coordinated it under Trump. I don't like Biden at all, but this criticism is one I don't agree with.

If Trump had been president the left and right would have flipped positions in this debate. It's silly.
These armchair generals have no experience in the actual withdrawal from a war zone they merely throw around one-sided insults to bolster their egos to think they are better than other people.

I have got to say, I have no real sympathy for these folks. They had known for at least 16 months or more we were pulling all our troops out, they choose to stay.

It all melts when it comes to hating your fellow American who is a Democrat.

Wow! A negative Report about President Biden by the Republicans.

Did they fail to mention that Trump gifted the Taliban the final draw down from the 8600 US troops agreed to in the Doha Agreement, to a mere 2500 (minimal number the general requested)? That wasn't part of the Doha Agreement. The Taliban had only met one of the conditions?

As usual, the Trumpybear couldn't contain himself and blurted out his treachery.

Worse than Afghanistan, where, by the way, I started the process. All the troops are coming back home. They couldn’t stop the process. 21 years is enough. Don’t we think? 21 years. They couldn’t stop the process. They wanted to, but it was very tough to stop the process when other things…yeah. Thank you. Thank you. It’s a shame.

Donald Trump: (22:53)

Biden messed it up, that cannot be denied. His biggest mistake was pushing the date back so he could have a made-for-TV moment on 9/11. Had we left in May like we were supposed to the Taliban would still have been far from the Capital.

The State dept. under Blinken dragged their feet on the processing of green cards and handling the timing in evacuation of Americans.

**********​
**********​

Now that we have had our chances to critique the withdrawal what shall be done to get these Americans out of Afghanistan?

Forum List

Back