Senate Report: Biden left as many as 9,000 American citizens in Afghanistan after withdrawal

So what? Your post had nothing to do with the debate in Congress before authorizing the President to be able to decide if Iraq was a threat and to be able to use force to stop him or the bargain he made to secure Democrat votes to give him that authority.
I didn't know I was supposed to go back and resurrect this old chestnut.
Do something about your ADD, shitbird.

Once again, Biden lied.

"US Government Left As Many As 9,000 American Citizens In Afghanistan After Withdrawal, Senate Report Reveals"​

"As many as 9,000 American citizens were left in Afghanistan when the U.S. military withdrew from the country Aug. 31, according to a report released Thursday by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

In public statements, Biden administration officials, including Secretary of State Antony Blinken, claimed that only 100-150 Americans remained in Afghanistan and had contacted the U.S. government with a desire to leave. The State Department and Defense Department officials stuck to that number, even as the government publicly admitted that large numbers of American citizens were still leaving the country.

The report, signed by Foreign Relations ranking member Jim Risch of Idaho, reveals that State Department officials believed that between 10,000 and 15,000 Americans were in Afghanistan as late as Aug. 17. In the next two weeks, only 6,000 Americans were able to escape the country ahead of the Taliban takeover. In testimony in front of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, however, Blinken claimed that “approximately 100-150 remained in Afghanistan who still wished to depart...

Despite these logistical failures, as well as the death of 13 American service members in an ISIS-K terrorist attack, the Biden administration has claimed its withdrawal efforts a success."

US Government Left As Many As 9,000 American Citizens In Afghanistan After Withdrawal, Senate Report Reveals
The US government can't force Americans to leave.. if you want the government to evacuate you, you have to sign a promissory note to pay.

Once again, Biden lied.

"US Government Left As Many As 9,000 American Citizens In Afghanistan After Withdrawal, Senate Report Reveals"​

"As many as 9,000 American citizens were left in Afghanistan when the U.S. military withdrew from the country Aug. 31, according to a report released Thursday by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

In public statements, Biden administration officials, including Secretary of State Antony Blinken, claimed that only 100-150 Americans remained in Afghanistan and had contacted the U.S. government with a desire to leave. The State Department and Defense Department officials stuck to that number, even as the government publicly admitted that large numbers of American citizens were still leaving the country.

The report, signed by Foreign Relations ranking member Jim Risch of Idaho, reveals that State Department officials believed that between 10,000 and 15,000 Americans were in Afghanistan as late as Aug. 17. In the next two weeks, only 6,000 Americans were able to escape the country ahead of the Taliban takeover. In testimony in front of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, however, Blinken claimed that “approximately 100-150 remained in Afghanistan who still wished to depart...

Despite these logistical failures, as well as the death of 13 American service members in an ISIS-K terrorist attack, the Biden administration has claimed its withdrawal efforts a success."

US Government Left As Many As 9,000 American Citizens In Afghanistan After Withdrawal, Senate Report Reveals
He tried to leave a lot more but Joe isn't to bright.

The US government can't force Americans to leave.. if you want the government to evacuate you, you have to sign a promissory note to pay.
If I were trapped over there and the government offered me a way home and all I had to do was except a promissory note That sounds like a win, win to me. Are you for real as that's not even wrongful thinking. That's no thinking at all.

If I were trapped over there and the government offered me a way home and all I had to do was except a promissory note That sounds like a win, win to me. Are you for real as that's not even wrongful thinking. That's no thinking at all.
Yes it is a win. But lots of Americans turned it down. Consider that they had 20 months notice and the state department has had travel warnings for years.

Forum List

Back