Senate Report: Biden left as many as 9,000 American citizens in Afghanistan after withdrawal

When you're doing something like withdrawing from a war zone perfection is not possible. It's a question of how messy it will be. Some harm being done is impossible to avoid. Also it's not like Biden personally coordinated it. It was military officials, the same kinds that would have coordinated it under Trump. I don't like Biden at all, but this criticism is one I don't agree with.

If Trump had been president the left and right would have flipped positions in this debate. It's silly.
Yes, pretty much the real story on who was responsible. The military planners involved!

But the fact remains, it goes down in history as the greatest successful evacuation in history.

LOL That can't be counterspun for either president's detriment.

The Taliban told Biden they weren't renegotiating and his choice was Trump's deal or no deal.
Except they extended the only condition they met in Trumps Surrender Accords. They keep the truce with American and allied forces until we left.

Biden was assured by the military that with 20 or 25 thousand new troops we could take back Kabul from the Taliban too. Of course that might include some high causalities......

And you would be wrong. But that is nothing new.
The basic problem was that the minute the Afghan Army saw an airlift of American civilians, they were going to disappear. Once that happened, we'd have been in a very similar situation to that we found ourselves. A few troops maintaining a thin line between thousands of Afghans desperate to get on planes and a few terrorists not controlled by the Taliban.

That is the inevitable result of any nation building exercise unless you have a workable plan for staying in place for two or three generations that really has a democratic history.

Except they extended the only condition they met in Trumps Surrender Accords. They keep the truce with American and allied forces until we left.

Biden was assured by the military that with 20 or 25 thousand new troops we could take back Kabul from the Taliban too. Of course that might include some high causalities......
Well done!

I have got to say, I have no real sympathy for these folks. They had known for at least 16 months or more we were pulling all our troops out, they choose to stay.

What ever happened to the Repubs being the party of personal responsibility?
Biden was telling everyone that everything was okay and the Afghanistan army would hold the taliban. But he knew that wasn't true. Biden lied people died.

They risked their lives helping us in Afghanistan and we promised to take care of them.

2019?

Why did Trump not withdraw these Americans as he did with the military before Biden was elected?
Because when Biden did the final withdrawal, he should have sent sufficient resources in to withdraw everyone. He didn't have to stay with whom was left there, army wise. His final withdrawl plan was nonexistent and a total disaster.

Biden was telling everyone that everything was okay and the Afghanistan army would hold the taliban. But he knew that wasn't true. Biden lied people died.

And if people there were stupid enough to believe that the Afghanistan army would hold the Taliban they got what they deserved

Trump had a plan and Biden scraped it.
He didn’t have a plan to help the Afghanis you’re talking about and he spent four years doing next to nothing for them.

Granting green cards to middle eastern men wasn’t exactly high on the to do list.

Since when do y’all care about Afghani’s? I thought it was all America first. No immigrants.

First, I'm the son and grandson of immigrants that followed the rules to enter legally into the United States of America.
At least Afghani's that worked for the military were promised and offered green cards unlike the estimated 2 million illegal aliens Joey Xi Bai Dung has allowed to enter America creating a crisis.

Forum List

Back