Senate Plans Vote Today On Gun Control Bill...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
I'll be waiting for the first despicable Politician to try and tie-in the Boston Marathon Bombing with Gun Control. I'm pretty sure one or more lowlifes will try to connect the two.

Showdown in the U.S. Senate as hunt for gun-control votes intensifies

Gun control supporters scrambled to find 60 votes to pass expanded background checks on firearms purchases, hoping to sway reluctant senators ahead of a showdown vote.

After spinning its wheels for most of the day Tuesday, the Senate set up a series of gun votes for Wednesday, including what has become the critical fight — a proposal to expand background checks to include all sales at gun shows and over the Internet, though it would exclude person-to-person private sales.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, has scheduled votes on eight other amendments to underlying gun legislation, including bans on certain types of guns and magazines.

He told reporters earlier Tuesday that gun control supporters were still searching for support, but he felt they had momentum.

“Am I saying it’s all over with, done, we got the votes? No, but we certainly feel we have the wind at our back,” he said.

Sen. Richard Blumenthal, Connecticut Democrat, said the votes offer an opportunity to “keep faith” with the families of the 20 children and six adults killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.,...

Read more: Showdown in the U.S. Senate as hunt for gun-control votes intensifies - Washington Times
DRUDGE REPORT 2013®

how does it feel to have 90% of the American people think your heartless?

did you get nay confessions from the victims of sandyhook you are hunting down?

I'll be waiting for the first despicable Politician to try and tie-in the Boston Marathon Bombing with Gun Control. I'm pretty sure one or more lowlifes will try to connect the two.

Showdown in the U.S. Senate as hunt for gun-control votes intensifies

Gun control supporters scrambled to find 60 votes to pass expanded background checks on firearms purchases, hoping to sway reluctant senators ahead of a showdown vote.

After spinning its wheels for most of the day Tuesday, the Senate set up a series of gun votes for Wednesday, including what has become the critical fight — a proposal to expand background checks to include all sales at gun shows and over the Internet, though it would exclude person-to-person private sales.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, has scheduled votes on eight other amendments to underlying gun legislation, including bans on certain types of guns and magazines.

He told reporters earlier Tuesday that gun control supporters were still searching for support, but he felt they had momentum.

“Am I saying it’s all over with, done, we got the votes? No, but we certainly feel we have the wind at our back,” he said.

Sen. Richard Blumenthal, Connecticut Democrat, said the votes offer an opportunity to “keep faith” with the families of the 20 children and six adults killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.,...

Read more: Showdown in the U.S. Senate as hunt for gun-control votes intensifies - Washington Times
DRUDGE REPORT 2013®

They were saying on the radio that it dont look good for the bill. Fingers crossed that it fails.

how does it feel to have 90% of the American people think your heartless?

25179076.jpg

Forum List

Back