Sen. Blumenthal makes threats on Senate floor if ACB is confirmed to SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did Trump do? McConnell blocked Obama from filling seats and then packed the courts with young Conservatives

:boo_hoo14:
Very True

Republicans won and there was nothing Democrat’s could do. Mitch McConnell trampled on years of Senate protocol and precedence to pack his court.

Stepped on a lot of toes and burnt all bridges of cooperation.

Democrats are in a mood to retaliate.
Packing the court and ending filibuster are likely retaliations
Do you ever get tired of being proven wrong, idiot?

110th Congress[edit]
At the beginning of the 110th Congress in January 2007, President Bush did not renominate Boyle, Myers, Haynes and Wallace in an attempt at reconciliation with the Democrats.[18] However, that did not stop many Bush judicial nominees from being blocked in committee by the new Democratic chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Senator Patrick Leahy. Among those stalled in committee until their nominations lapsed were appellate nominees Peter Keisler, Robert J. Conrad, Steve A. Matthews and Glen E. Conrad. The latter three seats would later be filled by Obama nominees James A. Wynn Jr., Albert Diaz, and Barbara Milano Keenan.

Senator Harry Reid, the Democratic Majority Leader, and Chairman Leahy cited the previous controversy over President Clinton's court of appeals nominees in justifying why only ten Bush appellate nominees were confirmed during the 110th Congress.[19][20][21] A total of eleven appellate seats with Bush nominees were left open at the end of the 110th Congress. Of those seats, two (i.e. the North Carolina and Maryland seats of the Fourth Circuit) had originally become available to fill during the administration of President Bill Clinton.
Obama was not given that courtesy was he?
The Bush nominee was given a heading and rejected. He was allowed to fill the seat.

McConnell told Obama there was no way he was going to be allowed to fill the seat

What did Trump do? McConnell blocked Obama from filling seats and then packed the courts with young Conservatives

Very True

Republicans won and there was nothing Democrat’s could do. Mitch McConnell trampled on years of Senate protocol and precedence to pack his court.

Lib please, like Democrats would have done anything different if the situation was reverses. In fact Dems already tried to replace a conservative justice with a liberal and would have if they had controlled the senate so enough with the faux rage.

I don’t think Biden supports packing the court and there are moderate Dem Senators who oppose it.

If the Conservative Court acts like a traditional court, I doubt Dems will try to add seats.

But if the Conservative Court becomes a rubber stamp for an extreme Conservative agenda, I think the Dems hand will be forced.

Let’s see how they rule on Obamacare and Roe

My take on the PRESENT supreme court is----they are not a bunch of reactionary NUTS. Obamacare
NEEDS modification and my impression is---beyond allowing organizations to OPT OUT of
financial support thereof for "religion" or
"spiritual" reasons-----nothing much is going to
happen to Roe v Wade. For the record----doctors should NOT be forced to do non medically indicated abortions and bakers should not be
FORCED to top wedding cakes with two gentleman. A professional has rights too.
My gut feeling is that this court will not deliver the decisions expected by Conservatives

They may nibble at the edges and allow more restrictions on Roe while they rule on funding the mandate not Obamacare as a whole.
Their leaning will be obvious in the first few decisions

yes----something like that. SO?

Sooooooooo.......

If the Conservative Court does not become a rubber stamp for the Conservative agenda, I think Dems will refrain from packing the court.

More showing your ass eh? So, if the right on the court cows to the left then all is good eh? F that shit!

Very True

110th Congress[edit]
At the beginning of the 110th Congress in January 2007, President Bush did not renominate Boyle, Myers, Haynes and Wallace in an attempt at reconciliation with the Democrats.[18] However, that did not stop many Bush judicial nominees from being blocked in committee by the new Democratic chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Senator Patrick Leahy. Among those stalled in committee until their nominations lapsed were appellate nominees Peter Keisler, Robert J. Conrad, Steve A. Matthews and Glen E. Conrad. The latter three seats would later be filled by Obama nominees James A. Wynn Jr., Albert Diaz, and Barbara Milano Keenan.

Senator Harry Reid, the Democratic Majority Leader, and Chairman Leahy cited the previous controversy over President Clinton's court of appeals nominees in justifying why only ten Bush appellate nominees were confirmed during the 110th Congress.[19][20][21] A total of eleven appellate seats with Bush nominees were left open at the end of the 110th Congress. Of those seats, two (i.e. the North Carolina and Maryland seats of the Fourth Circuit) had originally become available to fill during the administration of President Bill Clinton.
The Bush nominee was given a heading and rejected. He was allowed to fill the seat.

McConnell told Obama there was no way he was going to be allowed to fill the seat
Boo freaking hoo

Everything in life has Consequences

Those consequences could be adding judges to the court or ending the filibuster

Another consequence will be an end of cooperation with Republicans

What cooperation commie? It has to start before it can end.

Democrats have always cooperated with Republicans, at least in their own view. Unfortunately, their view of cooperation is that Republicans give fifty percent while Democrats take fifty percent.

Democrats cooperated with George Bush
Republicans refused to cooperate with Obama and did not support a single piece of legislation

You dumbasses had a super majority in the first two years, and you squandered it with a do nothing President that was happy to tell us to get in the back of the bus....now you don’t like it...tough shit.
^^^ another idiot.

G'head, see if you could do what other rightards could not... quote Obama telling you to get in back of the bus...
LOL

So did you not bother to read your own source or did you not understand it? Where do you see anything about a bus in there...?

"And suddenly, as we’re about to get in the car, we feel this tap on our shoulder, and we look back, and who is it? It’s the Republicans. (Laughter.) And they say, “Excuse me, we’d like the keys back.” (Laughter.)
And we got to tell them, “I’m sorry, you can’t have the keys back. You don’t know how to drive.” (Applause.) You don’t know how to drive. If you want, you can ride with us, but you’ve got to ride in the backseat. (Laughter and applause.) We’re putting middle-class families in the front seat where they belong. (Applause.)
You ever notice when you want to go forward in your car, what do you do? You put it in “D.” If you want to go backwards, you put it in “R.” I don’t want to go backwards. Let’s go forward. (Applause.) Let’s go forward. I want to go forward."

... now the forum sees why Toddsterpatriot was too cowardly to quote Obama or to man up and just admit he was wrong. :mm:

Clearly, Obama was talking about the backseat of a car, not the back of a bus.

Which also leaves one wondering why eagle1462010 would thank your post when you were so glaringly wrong?

Very True

Lib please, like Democrats would have done anything different if the situation was reverses. In fact Dems already tried to replace a conservative justice with a liberal and would have if they had controlled the senate so enough with the faux rage.

No moron

You would have done the same thing is just a made up claim by Republicans to cover their guilt

Very True

that's if they win.

if not, what's to stop the Rs from stuffing the court and then changing the process so the DS can't od it back?

just stop doing stupid shit.

Democrats have always cooperated with Republicans, at least in their own view. Unfortunately, their view of cooperation is that Republicans give fifty percent while Democrats take fifty percent.

Republicans refused to cooperate with Obama and did not support a single piece of legislation

You dumbasses had a super majority in the first two years, and you squandered it with a do nothing President that was happy to tell us to get in the back of the bus....now you don’t like it...tough shit.
^^^ another idiot.

G'head, see if you could do what other rightards could not... quote Obama telling you to get in back of the bus...
LOL

So did you not bother to read your own source or did you not understand it...?

"And suddenly, as we’re about to get in the car, we feel this tap on our shoulder, and we look back, and who is it? It’s the Republicans. (Laughter.) And they say, “Excuse me, we’d like the keys back.” (Laughter.)
And we got to tell them, “I’m sorry, you can’t have the keys back. You don’t know how to drive.” (Applause.) You don’t know how to drive. If you want, you can ride with us, but you’ve got to ride in the backseat. (Laughter and applause.) We’re putting middle-class families in the front seat where they belong. (Applause.)
You ever notice when you want to go forward in your car, what do you do? You put it in “D.” If you want to go backwards, you put it in “R.” I don’t want to go backwards. Let’s go forward. (Applause.) Let’s go forward. I want to go forward."

... now the forum sees why Toddsterpatriot was too cowardly to quote Obama or to man up and just admit he was wrong. :mm:

Which also leaves one wondering why eagle1462010 would thank your post when you were so glaringly wrong?

Obama was clear about including Republicans

Republicans under Trump would not even let them in the car

^^^ another idiot.

LOL

So did you not bother to read your own source or did you not understand it? Where do you see anything about a bus in there...?

Car, bus, tomato, the sentiment is the same.

Obama started this winner take all shit in congress. Obama told Republicans "I won, sit in the back and don't do a lot of talking elections have consequences" and the Democrats froze Republicans out. You reap what you sow Democrats!

^^^ another idiot.

LOL

So did you not bother to read your own source or did you not understand it...?

Obama was clear about including Republicans

Republicans under Trump would not even let them in the car

Yeah, he was clear alright..do what we want or shut up...such a uniter

Very True

No moron

You would have done the same thing is just a made up claim by Republicans to cover their guilt

It's not a theory, Democrats already tired to replace a conservative with a liberal on the court you fool.

Demoncraps haven't cooperated with anyone for a long time. Every last Dem is a scumbag.

Because the Dems legislation was stupid and bad for America.

Sen. Blumenthal makes threats on Senate floor if ACB is confirmed to SC

Well I guess Blumenthal and the rest of the whining turds on the left can all go cry a bucket of tears now that a vacancy opened in the SCOTUS and that the sitting president actually FILLED IT. And filled it with someone they didn't liked. As if they would appoint a conservative if THEY were in offce. Boo Hoo Hoo.

1603806676611.png

Maybe next time, try running someone better for office than the schmuck Hillary and try actually WINNING an election if you want a say in these things! Same goes for you if you lose again with Hidin Biden.

^^^ another idiot.

LOL

Car, bus, tomato, the sentiment is the same.
No, the sentiment is entirely different. "Back of the bus" refers to segregation; which is why black conservatives, making the same idiotic mistake you made, attacked Obama for saying Republicans would have to ride in the back of the bus, when he didn't.

9780374313227-in01.jpg

I see like Toddsterpatriot, you're just not man enough to admit you’re wrong.

Very True

110th Congress[edit]

Learn to read, Moron. Why do you lie so blatantly?

Among those stalled in committee until their nominations lapsed were appellate nominees Peter Keisler, Robert J. Conrad, Steve A. Matthews and Glen E. Conrad. The latter three seats would later be filled by Obama nominees James A. Wynn Jr., Albert Diaz, and Barbara Milano Keenan.

A total of eleven appellate seats with Bush nominees were left open at the end of the 110th Congress.

Obama started this winner take all shit in congress. Obama told Republicans "I won, sit in the back and don't do a lot of talking elections have consequences" and the Democrats froze Republicans out. You reap what you sow Democrats!
That too is a fake quote...

Screenshot_20201027-095736_Samsung Internet.jpg

Like I always say, if conservatives didn't lie, they'd have absolutely nothing to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back