Sean Connery Dead at 90

Good night Sir....we will never, never forget you, RIP.:love_ya4:

1604178183169.png

Connery has always been Bond for me, but I can't help mentioning (at the risk of being accused of hijacking) without Ian Fleming there would have been no Bond, and, according to some, without Fleming there would have been no OSS and no CIA.

The Cold War would have ended in the early 1960s.

The US would never have suffered Vietnam, Nixon, Reagan, and Star Wars:

Screen-Shot-2020-10-31-at-8.02.39-AM-680x382.png

"Let those dubious of such assertions study the evidence.

"It was Fleming, assistant to the director of British naval intelligence during the Second World War, who visited Washington DC in 1941 and wrote a long memo of advice for General ‘Will Bill’ Donovan, President Roosevelt’s Co-ordinator of Information, whose duties included the collection of intelligence and the planning of various covert offensive operations.

"According to Ivar Bryce, a lifelong friend of Fleming’s who was working at the time for Sir William Stephenson, the director of Britain’s intelligence operations in the Americas, ‘Ian wrote out the charter for the COI at General Donovan’s request … He wrote it as a sort of imaginary exercise describing in detail all the arrangements necessary for financing, paying, organizing, controlling, and training a secret service in a country which had never had one before.’"

The First 50 Years of James Bond - CounterPunch.org

And if the left wing hears about his death, he will be canceled...he once stated to Barabara Walters or some other interviewer that it was okay to slap a woman....if you had argued with her and she wouldn't be quiet.....

Let that sink in .....

Pussy Galore died this year also.

Yes, sadly she died some weeks ago,she was 94. Honor Blackman from "Goldfinger" was a very attractive woman.

Here are both of them, in the early 1960s what a gorgeous couple!:up:

1604190051192.png

Yes, sadly she died some weeks ago,she was 94. Honor Blackman from "Goldfinger" was a very attractive woman.

View attachment 409379

I don't like the Capt. Janeway look that she has......I thought the young Jane Seymour was really attractive, and Barbara Bach too.....Maud Adams....another good one...and who could forget Sophie Marceau, though she was a villain....

And if the left wing hears about his death, he will be canceled...he once stated to Barabara Walters or some other interviewer that it was okay to slap a woman....if you had argued with her and she wouldn't be quiet.....

Let that sink in .....

Yeah, that stemmed from an interview he did with Playboy magazine where he originally made the comments.

View attachment 409379

I don't like the Capt. Janeway look that she has......I thought the young Jane Seymour was really attractive, and Barbara Bach too.....Maud Adams....another good one...and who could forget Sophie Marceau, though she was a villain....

À chacun son goût .

or

"to each his own" or "there's no accounting for taste."

Trivia: the only film (I think) where he sang.....
Y'all fake Connery fans couldn't even identify Dr. No where Bond takes up the song by shell digger Ursula Andress (short on acting ability but what a body) on Dr. No's beach. The lab scenes in Dr. No could have been shot in somebody's garage but the Bond character makes it work.

It comes in 3's. I wonder who will be next?

Loved his movies. Well, except the 007 Bond ones. Never got in to those.

Highlander
Hunt for Red October
Finding Forrester
Last Crusade
Darby O'Gill and the Little People (anyone remember that or am I showing my age?)
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

So many other movies.

Forum List

Back