Scriptures For The Day

ChemEngineer

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2019
upload_2019-11-25_6-20-6.png

You may eat any animal that has a split hoof completely divided and that chews the cud. ... And since you are to detest them, you must not eat their meat and you must detest their carcasses. Anything living in the water that does not have fins and scales is to be detestable to you.

Lots of detesting going on in Leviticus. You want to follow 3,000 year old rules, go for it.

English Standard Version

Gallations 3:21 - 29
21 Is the law then contrary to the promises of God? Certainly not! For if a law had been given that could give life, then righteousness would indeed be by the law. 22 But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

23 Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. 24 So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, tin order that we might be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, 26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave7 nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.

Bible Gateway passage: Romans 8:2 - King James Version

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

If only I knew what OldLady was agreeing with.
Scripture isn’t a fairytale and Scripture wasn’t dictated by God.

Blasphemy, I know.
Wow. All of it. I am on a roll.

But not the part about eating the shit out of lobster? Not literally mind you.
If you eat the green stuff, you are eating the shit. Literally.
Some people like it.
I prefer eating just the tails without the green stuff. I usually grill them. I’m not a boiler.

But then again I’m a southerner.

You may eat any animal that has a split hoof completely divided and that chews the cud. ... And since you are to detest them, you must not eat their meat and you must detest their carcasses. Anything living in the water that does not have fins and scales is to be detestable to you.

Lots of detesting going on in Leviticus. You want to follow 3,000 year old rules, go for it.

Big difference between "detesting", ritual uncleanliness...and "abomination".

You want to lie in a bed with your own sex, go for it.
Homosexuals have serious mental problems. They suffer from clinical depression and suicide more than normal people. They have much shorter life expectancies than normal people. They are more violent and murderous than normal people. Homosexual mass murderers include John Wayne Gacey, murdered 33 boys, Randy Kraft, who murdered 67 victims, Donald Harvey, 37, Bruce Davis, 27, Juan Corona, 25, Patrick Kearney, 32, sex torture ring Corell-Henley-Brooks, 27 men and boys, and that lovely fellow who killed and ate his victims, to name but a few.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
That almost sounds Gnostic.
Depending on one's beliefs it is and it isn't. Though in order to be Gnostic it truly would have to be applied within that specific context which in this instance it is not. It is referring to the fulfillment of the old law by way of faith and salvation which frees us from the slavery of the old law through forgiveness in Jesus Christ. That in itself makes it personally spiritual without having to apply Gnostic ideals and teachings, it's more in line with Luther's Solo Fide, by faith alone.

Depending on one's beliefs it is and it isn't. Though in order to be Gnostic it truly would have to be applied within that specific context which in this instance it is not. It is referring to the fulfillment of the old law by way of faith and salvation which frees us from the slavery of the old law through forgiveness in Jesus Christ. That in itself makes it personally spiritual without having to apply Gnostic ideals and teachings, it's more in line with Luther's Solo Fide, by faith alone.
And yet that’s exactly how their inner elite saw themselves. Above sin. They could do anything they wanted.

And yet that’s exactly how their inner elite saw themselves. Above sin. They could do anything they wanted.
That's not what it refers to in the context I'm presenting. It refers to salvation through faith as opposed to the old law which was salvation through law. It means we are forgiven even though we sin as long as we have believe Jesus Christ is who he says he is and ask forgiveness, i e faith.
Under the old law homosexuality was condemned as was the person(s) engaged in such activity, Under Christ's Law there is salvation as long as one believes in Christ, even repentant murderers are saved. It is not our place as Christians to condemn (something we all obviously struggle with), it's our duty to uplift and forgive, that is the Law of Christ.

Last edited:
That's not what it refers to in the context I'm presenting. It refers to salvation through faith as opposed to the old law which was salvation through law. It means we are forgiven even though we sin as long as we have believe Jesus Christ is who he says he is and ask forgiveness, i e faith.
Under the old law homosexuality was condemned as was the person(s) engaged in such activity, Under Christ's Law there is salvation as long as one believes in Christ, even repentant murderers are saved. It is not our place as Christians to condemn (something we all obviously struggle with), it's our duty to uplift and forgive, that is the Law of Christ.
That does not mean that murderers should not be punished as the took a life, that other crimes should not be punished accordingly but as for others that fall under the realm of God's Law that is for God to punish, not us.

Forum List

Back