Zone1 The hypocrisy of saying No Purgatory! yet promoting OnceSavedAlwaysSaved

I think it is one of the biggest ironies/hypocrisies of the anti-Catholic Protestants to say there is NO place of purgation before a Christian is allowed entrance into Heaven

And on the other hand, teach and preach that anyone, just anyone, who believes or purports to believe in Jesus (EXCEPT Catholics!!) is automatically a shoo-in for Heaven at time of death.

Are you kidding me? Have you noticed the behavior of some "christians" on this board?

I'm not perfect either, but then again

I am not promoting this "no purgation needed for me" BS

:oops:

And yes, there are scriptures that allude to Purgatory: Mt 18:23, for one
We have all noticed your behavior, here and in the badlands. Nothing but condemnation and mean spirited hate.

1 Tim. 4:1-2 Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons
. These people are hypocrites and liars, and their consciences are dead.

James Bartley (1870–1909) is the central figure in a late nineteenth-century story according to which he was swallowed whole by a sperm whale. He was found still living days later in the stomach of the whale, which was dead from harpooning.

The story originated of an anonymous form, began to appear in American newspapers. The anonymous article appeared in the St. Louis Globe Democrat of Saint Louis, Missouri, then the note appeared in other newspapers with the title "A Modern Jonah" or something similar in multiple newspapers.[1]

The news spread beyond the ocean in articles as "Man in a Whale's Stomach. "Rescue of a Modern Jonah" in page 8 of the August 22, 1891, issue of the Yarmouth Mercury newspaper of Great Yarmouth in England.[2][3]

Story[edit]​

The story, as reported, is that during a whaling expedition off the Falkland Islands, Bartley's boat was attacked by the whale and he landed inside the whale's mouth. He survived the ordeal and was carved out of the stomach by his peers when they, not knowing he was inside, caught and began skinning the whale, because the hot weather otherwise would have rotted the whale meat. It was said that Bartley was inside the whale for 36 hours, that his skin had been bleached by the gastric juices, and that he was blind the rest of his life. In some accounts, however, he was supposed to have returned to work within three weeks. He died 18 years later and his tombstone in Gloucester says "James Bartley – a modern day Jonah."[4][5]
Thank you! Hilarious!
Only in my opinion of course, that's a kneeslapper!

Oh, look. The antiCatholics have no answer to this.

Can't you use scripture to debunk this?
I sure can. As long as you are working your way to Heaven, you might want to acquire some of this:
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control…” Those who are in Christ are distinguished from unbelievers in that they have been gifted with the Holy Spirit, enabling them to bear fruit.

You bear vilification. You should stop that.

We have all noticed your behavior, here and in the badlands. Nothing but condemnation and mean spirited hate.

1 Tim. 4:1-2 Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons. These people are hypocrites and liars, and their consciences are dead.
The CAtholic church will be so accused and ridiculed for their acceptance of D. evolution.

But they will withstand the derision thrown their way. Until they are the last standing christians.

Ding and Meriweather have convinced me of that at least!

The CAtholic church will be so accused and ridiculed for their acceptance of D. evolution.

But they will withstand the derision thrown their way. Until they are the last standing christians.

convinced you of what?

Oh, look. The antiCatholics have no answer to this.

Can't you use scripture to debunk this?
Clown .
Scripture is written by people in charge at the time and for their own advancement . Just one particular type of History .
Nicea 325 is the obvious example .

Why would you use other Fake material ( other "scripture ") to highlight the Fake material you are aiming to debunk in the first place?
Your nutty suggestion . Not mine .

At least be logical and less blinded by the Fake Faith before you start prosletysing

Forum outcast infamous RACIST motivated posting:
'Luiza' - Nazism:

(luiza.86585)

• Pro Jihad child killing.
  • Admitting Jews today are the same ethnicity as Jesus . But often tries to lie about it.
  • Advocates for genocide.
  • Pro Jihad entities use of its children.
  • Promoting Hitler garbage.
  • Spamming the forums with despicable wording.

Gas chambers or Ovens - Nazi Luiza asks?

Exterminating J.

Against all Jews.

And more...

Today's Jews are as Jesus ethnicity she admits. But racist Luiza still hates via ancient lies canards stereotypes.

purgatory is no where in the bible; thats why but osas is all over. "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand" (John 10:28-29b)

Romans 8:38-39, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Our eternal security is based on God’s love for those whom He has redeemed. Our eternal security is purchased by Christ, promised by the Father, and sealed by the Holy Spirit.

The Bible is clear that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6). The moment a person truly believes in Jesus Christ, he or she is saved and secure in that salvation. It is unbiblical to say that salvation is received by faith, but then has to be maintained by works. The apostle Paul addresses this issue in Galatians 3:3 when he asks, “Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?” If we are saved by faith, our salvation is also maintained and secured by faith. We cannot earn our own salvation. Therefore, neither can we earn the maintenance of our salvation. It is God who maintains our salvation (Jude 24). It is God’s hand that holds us firmly in His grasp (John 10:28-29). It is God’s love that nothing can separate us from (Romans 8:38-39).

Any denial of eternal security is, in its essence, a belief that we must maintain our own salvation by our own good works and efforts. This is completely antithetical to salvation by grace. We are saved because of Christ’s merits, not our own (Romans 4:3-8). To claim that we must obey God’s Word or live a godly life to maintain our salvation is saying that Jesus’ death was not sufficient to pay the penalty for our sins. Jesus’ death was absolutely sufficient to pay for all of our sins—past, present, and future, pre-salvation and post-salvation (Romans 5:8; 1 Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 5:21).

Does this mean that a Christian can live any way he wants to and still be saved? This is essentially a hypothetical question, because the Bible makes it clear that a true Christian will not live “any way he wants to.” Christians are new creations (2 Corinthians 5:17). Christians demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23), not the acts of the flesh (Galatians 5:19-21). First John 3:6-9 clearly states that a true Christian will not live in continual sin. In response to the accusation that grace promotes sin, the apostle Paul declared, “What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” (Romans 6:1-2).

Eternal security is not a license to sin. Rather, it is the security of knowing that God’s love is guaranteed for those who trust in Christ. Knowing and understanding God’s tremendous gift of salvation accomplishes the opposite of giving a license to sin. How could anyone, knowing the price Jesus Christ paid for us, go on to live a life of sin (Romans 6:15-23)? How could anyone who understands God’s unconditional and guaranteed love for those who believe, take that love and throw it back in God’s face? Such a person is demonstrating not that eternal security has given him a license to sin, but rather that he or she has not truly experienced salvation through Jesus Christ. “No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him” (1 John 3:6).

Then surely the Catholics are the main attraction in Rev. Are they church #8 that Christ addressed? Is Christ coming back as the Lion of the tribe of Rome? Or is He going to the church that Peter started in Jerusalem?

the teaching of the Roman Catholic church about purgatory is a falsehood. It’s a lie, it’s not true. It’s not in the Bible, never has been in the Bible. Jesus Christ in his whole sacrifice on the cross is antithetical to the idea of purgatory. The idea that Jesus Christ could die on the cross but you still have to suffer for your sins, in the hell with a backdoor that you can get out after you’ve burned enough, is totally contrary to all the teaching prophetically of Christ’s sacrifice and then of the New Testament apostles and prophets looking back at the sacrifice of Christ. The idea of purgatory is just a terrible, blasphemous fight against the gospel of Jesus Christ. It’s saying that Jesus is not sufficient.

Christians are new creations (2 Corinthians 5:17). Christians demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23), not the acts of the flesh.
We become new creations by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. It makes us want to live in the fruit of the Spirit.

“The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control…”
Those who are in Christ are distinguished from unbelievers in that they have been gifted with the Holy Spirit, enabling them to bear good fruit.
If you run across someone that portrays none of those attributes, it is easy to tell why. If they are hateful, arrogant, annoying, harsh, stingy, faithless, unkind, and out of control, it is because the Holy Spirit is missing in that person.

Last edited:
their entire religion is based on one out of context verse; sounds like most cults.
A good many believe in replacement theology. That God got mad at the Jews and rescinded His promises to Abraham and David, and gave them to the Vatican.

As for salvation and justification, Some believe that Jesus gave them the map, but they have to dig up the treasure themselves, when the truth is right there in the Word.

1 Corinthians 6:11 But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. < period.

Last edited:
The Catholic Church rejects replacement theology.
It is an on again, off again dogma of the Catholic Church. Mostly on:

St. Thomas Aquinas set the stage:
The… redemption of the human race was fulfilled in Christ’s passion… Consequently the prescriptions of the (Jewish) Law must have ceased, as their reality was fulfilled… Before Christ’s passion… the law and the gospel were concurrent, as the mystery of Christ had begun, but was not yet consummated (on the cross).

Council of Florence:
It firmly believes, professes and preaches that all those who are outside the catholic church, not only pagans but also Jews…, cannot share in eternal life… unless they are joined to the catholic church before the end of their lives.

The Jewish People and their Sacred Scriptures in the Christian Bible.
‘There is an ‘insufficiency of the legal covenant of Sinai… (so there is a) radical replacement in the New Testament…’

Writing as Cardinal Ratzinger in his 1999 Many Religions, One Covenant, Pope Benedict XVI states that aspects of Judaism have been “superseded” by Christianity'.

It remains an underlying theme of the Catholic church, even if the church publicly denounces it this year. Next year remains to be seen...

Forum List

Back