Scriptures For The Day

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
That almost sounds Gnostic.
Depending on one's beliefs it is and it isn't. Though in order to be Gnostic it truly would have to be applied within that specific context which in this instance it is not. It is referring to the fulfillment of the old law by way of faith and salvation which frees us from the slavery of the old law through forgiveness in Jesus Christ. That in itself makes it personally spiritual without having to apply Gnostic ideals and teachings, it's more in line with Luther's Solo Fide, by faith alone.
And yet that’s exactly how their inner elite saw themselves. Above sin. They could do anything they wanted.
That's not what it refers to in the context I'm presenting. It refers to salvation through faith as opposed to the old law which was salvation through law. It means we are forgiven even though we sin as long as we have believe Jesus Christ is who he says he is and ask forgiveness, i e faith.
Under the old law homosexuality was condemned as was the person(s) engaged in such activity, Under Christ's Law there is salvation as long as one believes in Christ, even repentant murderers are saved. It is not our place as Christians to condemn (something we all obviously struggle with), it's our duty to uplift and forgive, that is the Law of Christ.
So you can do anything you want?

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Depending on one's beliefs it is and it isn't. Though in order to be Gnostic it truly would have to be applied within that specific context which in this instance it is not. It is referring to the fulfillment of the old law by way of faith and salvation which frees us from the slavery of the old law through forgiveness in Jesus Christ. That in itself makes it personally spiritual without having to apply Gnostic ideals and teachings, it's more in line with Luther's Solo Fide, by faith alone.
And yet that’s exactly how their inner elite saw themselves. Above sin. They could do anything they wanted.
That's not what it refers to in the context I'm presenting. It refers to salvation through faith as opposed to the old law which was salvation through law. It means we are forgiven even though we sin as long as we have believe Jesus Christ is who he says he is and ask forgiveness, i e faith.
Under the old law homosexuality was condemned as was the person(s) engaged in such activity, Under Christ's Law there is salvation as long as one believes in Christ, even repentant murderers are saved. It is not our place as Christians to condemn (something we all obviously struggle with), it's our duty to uplift and forgive, that is the Law of Christ.
Technically yes but finding Christ changes all that in terms of "faith equals salvation plus works". Faith in Jesus Christ is supposed to change us, make us work towards becoming more "Christ like" though we are still human, still fallible, still sinners but under the grace of salvation. You appear to still be approaching what I'm saying with black and white, linear thinking. :dunno:

Technically yes but finding Christ changes all that in terms of "faith equals salvation plus works". Faith in Jesus Christ is supposed to change us, make us work towards becoming more "Christ like" though we are still human, still fallible, still sinners but under the grace of salvation. You appear to still be approaching what I'm saying with black and white, linear thinking. :dunno:
It may appear that way because I am asking challenging questions.

So believing isn’t enough without progress?

Ask whatever challenging questions you want but I'm not going to continue to clarify my position any more than I already have as I think what I'm saying is plain enough to anyone who is discerning.

Lots of detesting going on in Leviticus. You want to follow 3,000 year old rules, go for it.

You want to lie in a bed with your own sex, go for it.
Homosexuals have serious mental problems. They suffer from clinical depression and suicide more than normal people. They have much shorter life expectancies than normal people. They are more violent and murderous than normal people. Homosexual mass murderers include John Wayne Gacey, murdered 33 boys, Randy Kraft, who murdered 67 victims, Donald Harvey, 37, Bruce Davis, 27, Juan Corona, 25, Patrick Kearney, 32, sex torture ring Corell-Henley-Brooks, 27 men and boys, and that lovely fellow who killed and ate his victims, to name but a few.
Homosexuals have serious mental problems.

Sexual abuse by clergy

Advocacy group urges changes to Catholic abuse review boards ...

howabout, christians "have serious mental problems". funny how they blame everyone else for their own problem - the christian bible.

howabout, christians "have serious mental problems". funny how they blame everyone else for their own problem - the christian bible.

Oops! You Leftists are the ones confusing basic biology of sexes. You Leftists are the ones murdering unborn babies and calling them garbage. You Leftists are the ones who want more illegals to flow into America, bringing in diseases, heroin, cocaine, fentanyl, and welfare basket cases.

With respect to all your howling over priests abusing children, EVERY SINGLE PRIEST who molests boys is BY DEFINITION a homosexual, which you think is splendid. You LOVE them.

Then there's this:

"The physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests." - U.S. Department of Education report, 2002

Ask whatever challenging questions you want but I'm not going to continue to clarify my position any more than I already have as I think what I'm saying is plain enough to anyone who is discerning.
It's not clear enough to me. That's why I am asking these questions.

Does all anyone need to do is believe in Jesus?

Or does that belief have to manifest itself in some way? And if it does but one backslides but still believes is that good enough to not be judged?

Have you thought through these scenarios?

As near as I can tell Ringel is saying that if one truly believes that Jesus died for our sins, that that price has been paid. It's important because no one is worthy. So even if we believe we still won't be worthy.

So the question I am asking is are we saved by grace or works?

Because if we are saved by grace we don't need any works.

And if we need works then we aren't saved by grace.

So which is it people?

Exodus 35:1-3 Moses assembled the whole Israelite community and said to them, “These are the things the LORD has commanded you to do: For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death. Do not light a fire in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day.”

Or does that belief have to manifest itself in some way? And if it does but one backslides but still believes is that good enough to not be judged?

It's the age old question of the basic; faith plus works equals salvation vs faith equals salvation plus works. The first is primarily Catholic the second is primarily Protestant though not all Protestants believe the second but adhere to the first.
As for being judged we all will be but what the outcome of that judgement for the "truly" saved is not mentioned in the bible from what I remember.
As for those who backslide we all do from time to time, remember the Parable of the Prodigal Son.
Also not all who claim belief in Jesus Christ actually do and some who do eventually fall by the wayside, permanent backslide. Understand faith in all it's aspects and all that entails Remember Matthew 13, the Parable of the Sower.

It's the age old question of the basic; faith plus works equals salvation vs faith equals salvation plus works. The first is primarily Catholic the second is primarily Protestant though not all Protestants believe the second but adhere to the first.
As for being judged we all will be but what the outcome of that judgement for the "truly" saved is not mentioned in the bible from what I remember.
As for those who backslide we all do from time to time, remember the Parable of the Prodigal Son.
Also not all who claim belief in Jesus Christ actually do and some who do eventually fall by the wayside, permanent backslide. Understand faith in all it's aspects and all that entails Remember Matthew 13, the Parable of the Sower.
So, grace or works?

As near as I can tell Ringel is saying that if one truly believes that Jesus died for our sins, that that price has been paid. It's important because no one is worthy. So even if we believe we still won't be worthy.

So which is it people?
We are saved by grace, works is an adjunct.

So, grace or works?
Grace as the Bible says. That's my personal position.

" 10 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange ( זָרָ֔ה Zarah) fire before the Lord, which he commanded them not."

Godless Leftists (but I repeat myself) make up little word riddles which make no sense. This one above is such an example. Who lives without "progress"?

Your words, and nobody else's. There you go again with foolish word games. You think they make you look intelligent, clever. Guess what? They do exactly the opposite.

Have you?

Professor Andrew Simms, former President of the Royal Institute of Psychiatry in Britain… concludes that religious faith is one of medicine’s best kept secrets. Particularly among Christian adherents in western society, religious practice seems to result in lower levels of stress and depression, better physical health, better interpersonal relationship and family life and a much lower inclination to substance addiction, among other behavioral and mental disorders. The psychiatric data for atheism and agnosticism, on the other hand, appears to run quite in the opposite direction. A number of studies performed by members of the American psychiatric association determine a strong correlation between a “lack of faith” (i.e. atheism) and depression and suicide.Illogical Atheism, by Bo Jinn, Kindle Section 1614

So which is it people?

What you refuse to understand is that you play the "either or" game. This is no game, as the Holy Bible explains, if you would but study and embrace it. Unfortunately you do neither.

Here is an analogy from the majesterium of "science": Are electrons particles or waves?

"Which are they people?"

[For those of you who may never get to a sequel, the answer is "both."]

Wow. All of it. I am on a roll.
giphy.gif

Whoever does any work on it must be put to death. Do not light a fire in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day.”

so....
mlrp897wofz3odhvhgbkn9hegblbf7etkjzstzy1jj1bh3v7s228faqelqlh7she-.jpg

?

~S~

So which is it people?
We are saved by grace, works is an adjunct.
Ok, then.

You can sin away until the 11th hour as long as you believe.

So which is it people?

What you refuse to understand is that you play the "either or" game. This is no game, as the Holy Bible explains, if you would but study and embrace it. Unfortunately you do neither.

Here is an analogy from the majesterium of "science": Are electrons particles or waves?

"Which are they people?"

[For those of you who may never get to a sequel, the answer is "both."]
That’s kind of harsh, don’t you think?

I don’t believe my walk is a game. I don’t believe anyone’s walk is a game. It’s serious business.

I might have a little fun discussing it but I can assure you I have studied it quite a bit. So fortunately I can do both.

It’s not both Grace and works. Everything is through God’s Grace. Everything. Even the things we don’t want to admit. He uses it all.

Now, if we are being saved through God’s Grace there will be signs along the way. They won’t be perfect signs but there will be feedback. But we can never fully know.

God’s not real big on lip service. We should all worry about our souls. It’s the safest course.

Godless Leftists (but I repeat myself) make up little word riddles which make no sense. This one above is such an example. Who lives without "progress"?

Your words, and nobody else's. There you go again with foolish word games. You think they make you look intelligent, clever. Guess what? They do exactly the opposite.

Have you?

Professor Andrew Simms, former President of the Royal Institute of Psychiatry in Britain… concludes that religious faith is one of medicine’s best kept secrets. Particularly among Christian adherents in western society, religious practice seems to result in lower levels of stress and depression, better physical health, better interpersonal relationship and family life and a much lower inclination to substance addiction, among other behavioral and mental disorders. The psychiatric data for atheism and agnosticism, on the other hand, appears to run quite in the opposite direction. A number of studies performed by members of the American psychiatric association determine a strong correlation between a “lack of faith” (i.e. atheism) and depression and suicide.Illogical Atheism, by Bo Jinn, Kindle Section 1614
Leftist? Moi? Turn your phone sideways and read my signature. Lol.

I never claimed to be intelligent, bro. Just awake.

Lots of people don’t progress. What we start out with is God’s gift to us. What we become is our gift to Him. It’s not always a straight line though. At any point along the journey there are three possible states; we can be moving towards God, we can be moving away from God or we can be static in our walk with God. To believe otherwise is risky and fraught with complacency. Better to be ever vigilant in guarding your soul. After all you only have your good name and you will never have another.

Yes, I have given this great consideration. Going on 15 years or so. I’ve studied all of the major religions and a few of the primal ones. I’m no scholar but I am a semi-informed fan of religion who does his best to see each religion in its best light. And I have augmented that with history for a more complete world view.

My shit is locked down tight. Underestimate me at your own risk.

William James, the happiness advantage and our Founding Fathers explain why people of faith have been so successful.

Forum List

Back