Scott Walker is a college dropout. Should that count against him?

Musing......

I recall making more money as an undergrad cranking out theses for Masters Degree candidates than any one of them might have earned in two years of full employment. Only did that for a year, though, as I found writing imaginative resumes for those same folks much more remunerative.

Obozo's affirmative action degrees didn't count against him.

Scott Walker politician - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In 1986, Walker worked as a volunteer for Tommy Thompson's gubernatorial campaign,[9] and in the fall of that year, enrolled at Marquette University.[10] In 1988, he ran for student government president, losing 1,245 to 927,[9] following an alleged infringement of campaign guidelines.[4] Walker dropped out of Marquette in the spring of 1990, in good standing with a 2.59/4.0 GPA[11] but without attaining a degree.[9][12] During college Walker worked part-time for IBM selling warranties on mainframe computers. His IBM job led to a full-time position in marketing and fundraising at the American Red Cross from 1990 to 1994.[4][13]

a) I think anyone who bases their vote for a President on how well he or she did in college- or whether he or she finished college is an idiot- so no- Walker's lack of a college degree should not matter- though certainly it will come up.

b) There never was any reason why Barack Obama's undergrad degree from Columbia or law degree from Harvard Law should be counted against him. Or Bush's degree from Yale or Masters from Harvard.

Yet the far left did against Bush..

They were as big of idiots as the idiots who attack Obama for his college records.

The guy is a dishonest creep, that's what counts.
You can tell how good a President someone will be, by measuring:

1.) How loudly and hysterically liberals scream at him;
2.) How many lies they gin up about him;
3.) and how little evidence they present to back up what they say about him.

By the Lib-o-meter of this thread, it looks like Scott Walker is the best candidate Republicans have fielded in a long time.

The guy is a dishonest creep, that's what counts.
You can tell how good a President someone will be, by measuring:

1.) How loudly and hysterically liberals scream at him;
2.) How many lies they gin up about him;
3.) and how little evidence they present to back up what they say about him.

By the Lib-o-meter of this thread, it looks like Scott Walker is the best candidate Republicans have fielded in a long time.
If one searches on the word "Clinton" and "Little-Acorn", you get 80 results. Out of 4226 posts, you mention Clinton 2 percent of the time.

Is there anyone in this topic who exceeds that number on the word "Walker"?

Scott Walker is a college dropout. Should that count against him?

For Republicans, that definitely a plus.

Obama's college records?

Anyone seen any?

Of course to believe in an invisible Messiah requires imagination, too.......so maybe not so strange, that faith in a visible "one".
Mitt's tax returns were more interesting than Obama college records.

Other college dropouts:

Bill Gates
Steve Jobs
Frank Lloyd Wright
Buckminster Fuller
James Cameron
Mark Zuckerberg
Tom Hanks
Harrison Ford
Lady Gaga
Tiger Woods

......were you trying to make some point about college dropouts?

so are Bill Gates, Larry Ellison, the list goes on and on.

Actually I think it can help him in this environment. Assuming he can hold his own intellectually, this will certainly distinguish him from a fat lazy elitist like Hilary and help many people identify with him which was a problem that supposedly hurt Romney last time around. It could turn out to be a plus -- just have to wait and see.

Other college dropouts:

Bill Gates
Steve Jobs
Frank Lloyd Wright
Buckminster Fuller
James Cameron
Mark Zuckerberg
Tom Hanks
Harrison Ford
Lady Gaga
Tiger Woods

......were you trying to make some point about college dropouts?

In most of those cases they quit college specifically to start their business or career.

Percentage of Americans with college degrees rises paying for
[URL='http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/percentage-americans-college-degrees-rises-paying-degrees-tops-financial-challenges/']Percentage of Americans with college degrees rises paying for degrees tops financial challenges
wouldn't it be less disingenuous just to admit you were wrong. 40% my ass.

Why yes, excuse me. 39.4%

tops financial challenges[/URL]
wouldn't it be less disingenuous just to admit you were wrong. 40% my ass.

Why yes, excuse me. 39.4%
Excuse me, so you have to be between the ages of 25 and 64 to be an American:

In 2012, 39.4 percent of Americans between 25 and 64 had at least a two-year college degree. That was up from 38.7 percent in 2011, the largest single year gain since 2008. But Lumina is promoting a college degree attainment goal of 60 percent by 2025 and the current upward trend isn’t happening fast enough to get us there.

Idiot!

Obozo's affirmative action degrees didn't count against him.

Scott Walker politician - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In 1986, Walker worked as a volunteer for Tommy Thompson's gubernatorial campaign,[9] and in the fall of that year, enrolled at Marquette University.[10] In 1988, he ran for student government president, losing 1,245 to 927,[9] following an alleged infringement of campaign guidelines.[4] Walker dropped out of Marquette in the spring of 1990, in good standing with a 2.59/4.0 GPA[11] but without attaining a degree.[9][12] During college Walker worked part-time for IBM selling warranties on mainframe computers. His IBM job led to a full-time position in marketing and fundraising at the American Red Cross from 1990 to 1994.[4][13]

Walker got a good job without the college diploma and he could always attend night classes to finish if he needs to.

Sometimes, kids drop out because they don't have the money to finish. There are lots of reasons. I don't understand the purpose of this thread. Are you saying only college graduates are worthy of respect? Have all presidents in history been college graduates? I don't see where it helped some since it only indoctrinated them and I see that as a bad thing. I'd opt for common sense (which can't be taught) over "educated" any day.

If you have a low opinion of Walker for not finishing college, you must think the high school drop outs on welfare are giant losers.

Forum List

Back