Saudi woman arrested for driving, detained at UAE border overnight

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Perhaps some day things will be different for these women.

• maria-khan.jpg

By Maria Khan
    December 3, 2014 00:06 GMT
  • 63 7

lujain-hathloul.png

Lujain Hathloul tried to defy the Saudi driving ban on women by driving into the Kingdom from UAE on 1 December 2014.Twitter

Advertisement

A Saudi Arabian woman who tried to brave driving into the country was arrested on Monday (1 December) at the United Arab Emirates' border and detained for a day, activists said.

Lujain Hathloul was attempting to defy the driving ban onwomen in the Kingdom –the only country in the world where women are banned from driving.

“I have been at the Saudi border for 24 hours. They don't want to give me my passport nor will they let me pass.”
- Lujain Hathloul, Twitter
"I have been at theSaudi border for 24 hours. They don't want to give me my passport nor will they let me pass," Hathloul tweeted on Monday before her Twitter account was terminated, reported Gulf News.

Continue reading at:

Saudi woman arrested for driving detained at UAE border overnight

Ya, the reflection in he glasses revealing she's the photog and taking selfies while driving really has me wanting to help women be able to drive in KSA. :)

Good for her. The more Saudi women civilly-disobey the sooner they'll break the back of this ignoramoid crap.

lujain-hathloul.png

Lujain Hathloul tried to defy the Saudi driving ban on women by driving into the Kingdom from UAE on 1 December 2014.Twitter

Advertisement

A Saudi Arabian woman who tried to brave driving into the country was arrested on Monday (1 December) at the United Arab Emirates' border and detained for a day, activists said.

Lujain Hathloul was attempting to defy the driving ban onwomen in the Kingdom –the only country in the world where women are banned from driving.

“I have been at the Saudi border for 24 hours. They don't want to give me my passport nor will they let me pass.”
"I have been at theSaudi border for 24 hours. They don't want to give me my passport nor will they let me pass," Hathloul tweeted on Monday before her Twitter account was terminated, reported Gulf News.

Continue reading at:

She is nothing but a trouble maker........ :cool:

lujain-hathloul.png

Advertisement

Continue reading at:

She is nothing but a trouble maker........ :cool:

I think the "trouble" is in the law. It's a stupid law, it needs to went, and she's doing her part. Good on 'er.

Last edited:
The vast majority of the world's population, both men and women, have never driven a car. ...... :cool:

-- which could not possibly be more irrelevant. The bottom line is, there's no physical or physiological reason women as a group would be any kind of threat to automobile traffic.

However if you watch road rage for any length of time, you could easily come to that conclusion about men. So there's that.

-- which could not possibly be more irrelevant. The bottom line is, there's no physical or physiological reason women as a group would be any kind of threat to automobile traffic.
Again, their country, their culture, their laws.

Western know-it-all busy bodies need to butt out of their business. ...... :cool:

Again, their country, their culture, their laws.

Western know-it-all busy bodies need to butt out of their business. ...... :cool:

Again, it's our species. Let's go over what that means.

Laws of Saudi Arabia (or Bangladesh or Iceland or Argentina) are no business of ours, because we don't live in those countries.

Women of Saudi Arabia (or anywhere else) are part of our species.

Laws differ from one place to another. Humans do not. But hey, feel free to make the case for a prohibition on driving based on what's hanging between your legs.

Moreover, nobody's "butting in" from here to change the knuckledragger laws of SA. Not even the woman in the story. She's defying it.

And good for her for that courage. You go girl, full throttle.
animated-driving-smiley-image-0019.gif

A year in prison and 20 lashes will cure her defiant ways. ..... :thup:

What about the next one? And then the one after that and the one after that and the one after that and the one after that and the one after that and the one after that and the one after that and the one after that and the one after that and the one after that and the one after that? How many prisons ya got?

Perhaps Lujain Hathloul is Arabic for "Rosa Parks".

Forum List

Back