Satisfaction with country higher than any point during Obama presidency: Poll

1) The truth is that Barack Obama oversaw the worst recovery from a recession since The Great Depression...

2) and it would have been FAR worse if the Democrats hadn't gotten their asses handed to them in the 2010 mid terms!

The truth is that Barack Obama oversaw a recovery from the worst recession since The Great Depression...

And to suggest if the Dems won in 2010 it would have been worse, I'd suggest you look at who was in charge before he worst recession since The Great Depression. One clue is, It was not the Dems

Let's see, JB...what was next up on the progressive "wish list" for legislation back in 2009? Cap & Trade? Care to take a stab at explaining how something that would have raised energy costs across the board for American industries was going to make the economy better? That was what Barry and his clueless minions had teed up for us back then! That after already passing the ACA that also was a jobs killer!
Typical of the right.... break the economy .... then bitch that Democrats can't fix it fast enough with their policies.

Eight years wasn't time enough to fix it? Gee, I bet some folks would have loved to have known that when Barry was walking in the door!

Here's a hint...when the economy is "broken" and the first thing you do is pass sweeping healthcare legislation that will make it harder for businesses to grow and propose Cap & Trade legislation that will make it more expensive for American businesses to compete with other countries...are you either REALLY CLUELESS...or do you just not care about the millions of people who were out of work?

When did I ever say policies don't matter? They matter with Trump...they mattered with Barry!
When you claimed the economy got better after Trump was elected, even before he took office and passed any policy.

That doesn't mean the economy wasn't reacting to policy, you buffoon! Businesses plan investment strategies long term. When they saw that it was going to be Trump who would be coming in and HIS policies that would be implemented instead of Hillary Clinton's they reacted.
LOLOL

You're saying what I said you said..... you're crediting Trump with job growth before he pass any policy at all.

Well then let's apply that same logic to Obama. It's all about perception according to you. The economy grew because Obama was able to generate the perception that he was willing to spend his way out of the recession.

And as far as TARP, the economy grew worse after it passed. Far worse, -8.2% GDP, two million jobs lost in that same quarter and the stock market plunging. Those only got better after Obama passed ARRA.

TARP wasn't designed to create jobs, increase GDP or increase the stock market! It was supposed to stabilize some of our largest financial institutions. TARP under Bush did it's job...under Obama...not so much!

Let's look at the "perception" of how Obama was willing to spend his way out of the recession! Where did you progressives spend most of the money at your disposal? Investing in the Private Sector? Or did you spend it to keep people in the Public Sector in their jobs? So tell me why as a businessman in the Private Sector I should have seen anything in the ARRA that was an incentive for me to invest in a new business or to expand an existing one?
And the economy nose-dived after TARP. It did not begin to recover until after ARRA.

TARP stabilized our financial institutions. It's credited almost across the spectrum of economists...both conservative and liberal...with staving off wide spread failures of some of our largest banks. TARP was not done to boost the economy. Do I have to keep repeating that?

1) The truth is that Barack Obama oversaw the worst recovery from a recession since The Great Depression...

2) and it would have been FAR worse if the Democrats hadn't gotten their asses handed to them in the 2010 mid terms!

The truth is that Barack Obama oversaw a recovery from the worst recession since The Great Depression...

And to suggest if the Dems won in 2010 it would have been worse, I'd suggest you look at who was in charge before he worst recession since The Great Depression. One clue is, It was not the Dems

Let's see, JB...what was next up on the progressive "wish list" for legislation back in 2009? Cap & Trade? Care to take a stab at explaining how something that would have raised energy costs across the board for American industries was going to make the economy better? That was what Barry and his clueless minions had teed up for us back then! That after already passing the ACA that also was a jobs killer!
Typical of the right.... break the economy .... then bitch that Democrats can't fix it fast enough with their policies.

Eight years wasn't time enough to fix it? Gee, I bet some folks would have loved to have known that when Barry was walking in the door!

Here's a hint...when the economy is "broken" and the first thing you do is pass sweeping healthcare legislation that will make it harder for businesses to grow and propose Cap & Trade legislation that will make it more expensive for American businesses to compete with other countries...are you either REALLY CLUELESS...or do you just not care about the millions of people who were out of work?
It wasn't 8 years, ya lyin' con tool. :eusa_doh:

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

Two Presidential terms isn't 8 years? What are you babbling about now, Faun!

When you claimed the economy got better after Trump was elected, even before he took office and passed any policy.

That doesn't mean the economy wasn't reacting to policy, you buffoon! Businesses plan investment strategies long term. When they saw that it was going to be Trump who would be coming in and HIS policies that would be implemented instead of Hillary Clinton's they reacted.
LOLOL

You're saying what I said you said..... you're crediting Trump with job growth before he pass any policy at all.

Well then let's apply that same logic to Obama. It's all about perception according to you. The economy grew because Obama was able to generate the perception that he was willing to spend his way out of the recession.

And as far as TARP, the economy grew worse after it passed. Far worse, -8.2% GDP, two million jobs lost in that same quarter and the stock market plunging. Those only got better after Obama passed ARRA.

TARP wasn't designed to create jobs, increase GDP or increase the stock market! It was supposed to stabilize some of our largest financial institutions. TARP under Bush did it's job...under Obama...not so much!

Let's look at the "perception" of how Obama was willing to spend his way out of the recession! Where did you progressives spend most of the money at your disposal? Investing in the Private Sector? Or did you spend it to keep people in the Public Sector in their jobs? So tell me why as a businessman in the Private Sector I should have seen anything in the ARRA that was an incentive for me to invest in a new business or to expand an existing one?
And the economy nose-dived after TARP. It did not begin to recover until after ARRA.

TARP stabilized our financial institutions. It's credited almost across the spectrum of economists...both conservative and liberal...with staving off wide spread failures of some of our largest banks. TARP was not done to boost the economy. Do I have to keep repeating that?
I like how you say it wasn't done to boost the economy but from the other side of your mouth, you claim that it took us out of the recession.

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

No, putz, it didn't take 8 years to fix the economy.

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

Yup, it took 8 years of Obama and 1 year of Trump.

LOLOL

I like how you say it wasn't done to boost the economy but from the other side of your mouth, you claim that it took us out of the recession.

When did I claim that TARP took us out of the recession? It stabilized a bunch of banks so they wouldn't crash. That didn't grow the economy...it kept it from possibly cratering.

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

Since Obama pretty much gave up on fixing the economy around year two of his first term...how the economy reacted for the next six was due more to things like the Fracking Boom than it was Obama economic policy! Can you even name his economic advisors for his last four years? You know why you're going to have to Google them to show me up, Faun? Because they might as well have not even gone to work for all they mattered in that White House!

LOLOL

When did I claim that TARP took us out of the recession? It stabilized a bunch of banks so they wouldn't crash. That didn't grow the economy...it kept it from possibly cratering.
"When did I claim that TARP took us out of the recession?"

See that ^^^

That's what happens when you're a lying con tool like Oldstyle... you can't remember your lies....

W. saved the economy with TARP.
TARP had more to do with stabilizing the recession than the Obama Stimulus did. That was Bush's baby.
TARP stopped another Depression...Obama gave us the Great Recession because he didn't have a clue how to stimulate the economy and so many of his policies were job killers!

See that ^^^

That's what happens when you're a lying con tool like Oldstyle... you can't remember your lies....

TARP had more to do with stabilizing the recession than the Obama Stimulus did. That was Bush's baby.
TARP stopped another Depression...Obama gave us the Great Recession because he didn't have a clue how to stimulate the economy and so many of his policies were job killers!

Ah, where in any of those did I claim that TARP took us out of the recession? I've been rather clear all along that I view TARP as something that kept the economy from getting worse due to large financial entities going belly up.

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

Since Obama pretty much gave up on fixing the economy around year two of his first term...how the economy reacted for the next six was due more to things like the Fracking Boom than it was Obama economic policy! Can you even name his economic advisors for his last four years? You know why you're going to have to Google them to show me up, Faun? Because they might as well have not even gone to work for all they mattered in that White House!
Typical lying con tool material.....

when the economy does well under a Democrat president, any excuse other than the president is what boosts the economy.

When the economy does well under a Republican president, it's because he showed up for work and the economy is better just because the president is a Republican.

When the economy turns south under a Democrat president, it's because of the president.

When the economy dives under a Republican president, it's because of the nearest Democrat you can find, but never, never because of the president.

You're not a lying con tool for nothing, ya lyin’ con tool.

14ndylk.jpg

I'm curious, Faun...if I say that 1 and 1 equals 2...will you still accuse me of being a "lying con tool"? It seems like that's all you've got at this point.

See that ^^^

Ah, where in any of those did I claim that TARP took us out of the recession? I've been rather clear all along that I view TARP as something that kept the economy from getting worse due to large financial entities going belly up.
LOLOL

Too funny.

WTF do you think, "W. saved the economy with TARP," means?

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

Typical lying con tool material.....

when the economy does well under a Democrat president, any excuse other than the president is what boosts the economy.

When the economy does well under a Republican president, it's because he showed up for work and the economy is better just because the president is a Republican.

When the economy turns south under a Democrat president, it's because of the president.

When the economy dives under a Republican president, it's because of the nearest Democrat you can find, but never, never because of the president.

You're not a lying con tool for nothing, ya lyin’ con tool.

14ndylk.jpg

It's all about economic policies...or lack there of, Faun! You want to make this about politics and it's not. Barack Obama struggled with economics. It simply wasn't his thing. Donald Trump was an economics major in college...it's TOTALLY his thing! You can't see that though...can you?

I'm curious, Faun...if I say that 1 and 1 equals 2...will you still accuse me of being a "lying con tool"? It seems like that's all you've got at this point.
Nah, this is just another lie of yours since I actually explain why every lie you tell is a lie. And you never say 1 and 1 equals 2. You say 1 and 1 equals 42134342 and then you try to spin your way into making that work.

See that ^^^

LOLOL

Too funny.

WTF do you think, "W. saved the economy with TARP," means?

Pretty much the same as "stopped another Depression"...or "stabilizing the recession" means! You struggle with grasping things...don't you?

Nah, this is just another lie of yours since I actually explain why every lie you tell is a lie. And you never say 1 and 1 equals 2. You say 1 and 1 equals 42134342 and then you try to spin your way into making that work.

LOL...you DID accuse me of lying about 1 and 1 equaling 2! You're like Pavlov's dog, Faun...you see a post by anyone who isn't a progressive and you start salivating and ranting about "LYING CON TOOLS!!!"

Forum List

Back