Satisfaction with country higher than any point during Obama presidency: Poll

Mehh. The public's satisfaction is only Obama's policies coming to fruition.

Some people actually believe that, you know. :lmao:
Obama came into a righwting conservative shipwreck, and Trump walked onto a steady ship of state (thank you Mr Obama).

I'll ask you the same question I've asked, Faun, JB! Maybe you can answer it for me! What economic policies of Barack Obama is it that "steadied" the Ship of State?
Please, step out of the hive

Obama’s Economic Record: An Assessment

quotes: The scale of the financial panic of 2008 and the extent of the job losses that occurred in the first months of 2009 should never be forgotten. By “a number of macroeconomic measures—including household wealth, employment and trade flows—the first year of the Great Recession in the United States saw declines that were as large or larger than at the outset of the Great Depression in 1929-30,”

The Federal Reserve, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and Hank Paulson, President Bush’s Treasury Secretary, all played key roles in quelling the panic. But the Obama Administration finished the job, continuing the crisis measures that had been introduced, pushing through the rescue of the auto industry that Paulson had set in motion, and carrying out a set of stress tests that restored confidence in the big banks. The new Administration also boosted the over-all level of demand in the economy with an eight-hundred-and-forty-billion-dollar stimulus package, which featured temporary tax cuts and more federal spending. By the second half of 2009, the gross domestic product was growing again. By October, 2009, the unemployment rate had peaked, at ten per cent. If other policy decisions had been made, things could have been very different, and much worse.

At seven and a half years long, the Obama recovery now is one of the longest on record.

Well now...let's dissect your little "assessment"...shall we?

I agree with the first sentence because TARP under Bush played a HUGE role in quelling the panic! Not only did it prop up the financial institutions...it was done in such a way that we not only were repaid every dime that we loaned out but were paid interest on those loans as well! Contrast that with how Obama used TARP funds. The money that we gave to the auto industry we not only didn't receive interest on...we didn't get back billions that we gave them!

Now let's take a look at the 840 billion dollar stimulus package! Other than the tax cuts...you progressives managed to spend a whole lot of money and create so few new jobs that they had to hide how bad it was behind "Jobs Created or Saved" which is a totally made up number!

The truth is that Barack Obama oversaw the worst recovery from a recession since The Great Depression...and it would have been FAR worse if the Democrats hadn't gotten their asses handed to them in the 2010 mid terms!
Dayam, ya lyin' con tool.... you never stop lying, do you? Ever.

As you've been shown, the term, "jobs created or saved," predates the implementation of ARRA. It was used before they passed it, so clearly, it wasn't used to hide jobs. It was part of their proposal before ARRA ever passed.

And here's what you call the worst recovery since the Great Depression...

latest_numbers_CES0500000001_2010_2018_all_period_M05_data.gif

You'll note (I hope), the rate of job growth has remained constant for the last 8 years and 3 months (99 months straight now) How could that be possible if it's the worst recovery since the Great Depression?

Because if you knew anything at all about the history of recessions you would know that most deep recessions are followed by rather rapid recoveries! The two that stand out are ones that didn't follow that pattern...The Great Depression...and The Great Recession!

The beauty of "Jobs Created or Saved" is that you could make that number any one that you wanted to because there was absolutely ZERO way to determine how many jobs were "saved"...which made the entire number BULLSHIT!
You spin more than you make relevant points.

have a great evening

1) The truth is that Barack Obama oversaw the worst recovery from a recession since The Great Depression...

2) and it would have been FAR worse if the Democrats hadn't gotten their asses handed to them in the 2010 mid terms!

The truth is that Barack Obama oversaw a recovery from the worst recession since The Great Depression...

And to suggest if the Dems won in 2010 it would have been worse, I'd suggest you look at who was in charge before he worst recession since The Great Depression. One clue is, It was not the Dems

Let's see, JB...what was next up on the progressive "wish list" for legislation back in 2009? Cap & Trade? Care to take a stab at explaining how something that would have raised energy costs across the board for American industries was going to make the economy better? That was what Barry and his clueless minions had teed up for us back then! That after already passing the ACA that also was a jobs killer!

The beauty of "Jobs Created or Saved" is that you could make that number any one that you wanted to because there was absolutely ZERO way to determine how many jobs were "saved"...which made the entire number BULLSHIT!

have a great evening

I take it you're going to run for the hills before you expose your shallow knowledge of economics and history, JB? Why am I not surprised...

Obama came into a righwting conservative shipwreck, and Trump walked onto a steady ship of state (thank you Mr Obama).

I'll ask you the same question I've asked, Faun, JB! Maybe you can answer it for me! What economic policies of Barack Obama is it that "steadied" the Ship of State?
Wut??

You said policies don't matter. Now they do again?

When did I ever say policies don't matter? They matter with Trump...they mattered with Barry!
When you claimed the economy got better after Trump was elected, even before he took office and passed any policy.

That doesn't mean the economy wasn't reacting to policy, you buffoon! Businesses plan investment strategies long term. When they saw that it was going to be Trump who would be coming in and HIS policies that would be implemented instead of Hillary Clinton's they reacted.
LOLOL

You're saying what I said you said..... you're crediting Trump with job growth before he pass any policy at all.

Well then let's apply that same logic to Obama. It's all about perception according to you. The economy grew because Obama was able to generate the perception that he was willing to spend his way out of the recession.

And as far as TARP, the economy grew worse after it passed. Far worse, -8.2% GDP, two million jobs lost in that same quarter and the stock market plunging. Those only got better after Obama passed ARRA.

have a great evening

I take it you're going to run for the hills before you expose your shallow knowledge of economics and history, JB? Why am I not surprised...

have a great evening

quotes: The scale of the financial panic of 2008 and the extent of the job losses that occurred in the first months of 2009 should never be forgotten. By “a number of macroeconomic measures—including household wealth, employment and trade flows—the first year of the Great Recession in the United States saw declines that were as large or larger than at the outset of the Great Depression in 1929-30,”

The Federal Reserve, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and Hank Paulson, President Bush’s Treasury Secretary, all played key roles in quelling the panic. But the Obama Administration finished the job, continuing the crisis measures that had been introduced, pushing through the rescue of the auto industry that Paulson had set in motion, and carrying out a set of stress tests that restored confidence in the big banks. The new Administration also boosted the over-all level of demand in the economy with an eight-hundred-and-forty-billion-dollar stimulus package, which featured temporary tax cuts and more federal spending. By the second half of 2009, the gross domestic product was growing again. By October, 2009, the unemployment rate had peaked, at ten per cent. If other policy decisions had been made, things could have been very different, and much worse.

At seven and a half years long, the Obama recovery now is one of the longest on record.

I agree with the first sentence because TARP under Bush played a HUGE role in quelling the panic! Not only did it prop up the financial institutions...it was done in such a way that we not only were repaid every dime that we loaned out but were paid interest on those loans as well! Contrast that with how Obama used TARP funds. The money that we gave to the auto industry we not only didn't receive interest on...we didn't get back billions that we gave them!

Now let's take a look at the 840 billion dollar stimulus package! Other than the tax cuts...you progressives managed to spend a whole lot of money and create so few new jobs that they had to hide how bad it was behind "Jobs Created or Saved" which is a totally made up number!

The truth is that Barack Obama oversaw the worst recovery from a recession since The Great Depression...and it would have been FAR worse if the Democrats hadn't gotten their asses handed to them in the 2010 mid terms!

As you've been shown, the term, "jobs created or saved," predates the implementation of ARRA. It was used before they passed it, so clearly, it wasn't used to hide jobs. It was part of their proposal before ARRA ever passed.

You'll note (I hope), the rate of job growth has remained constant for the last 8 years and 3 months (99 months straight now) How could that be possible if it's the worst recovery since the Great Depression?

You know what's amazing, Faun! I think you actually BELIEVE that the Federal Government used "Jobs Saved" as a go to economic statistic before the debacle that the Obama Stimulus turned out to be! Let me guess...you'll trot out those two examples of someone in the Bush Administration's Department of Agriculture using that term as "proof" that the Obama White House wasn't hiding how bad job creation was from the stimulus when THEY used it?
Lying con tool .... not only do I believe they used the term before ARRA was passed, I even showed you. And I'm not even talking about the Bush Administration. I'm talking about Obama. He was using that term before ARRA passed; before any jobs were saved or created.

Wut??

When did I ever say policies don't matter? They matter with Trump...they mattered with Barry!
When you claimed the economy got better after Trump was elected, even before he took office and passed any policy.

That doesn't mean the economy wasn't reacting to policy, you buffoon! Businesses plan investment strategies long term. When they saw that it was going to be Trump who would be coming in and HIS policies that would be implemented instead of Hillary Clinton's they reacted.
LOLOL

You're saying what I said you said..... you're crediting Trump with job growth before he pass any policy at all.

Well then let's apply that same logic to Obama. It's all about perception according to you. The economy grew because Obama was able to generate the perception that he was willing to spend his way out of the recession.

And as far as TARP, the economy grew worse after it passed. Far worse, -8.2% GDP, two million jobs lost in that same quarter and the stock market plunging. Those only got better after Obama passed ARRA.
People like them have recommended Trump for a Nobel before he done anything too. Hmm.

Wut??

LOLOL

TARP wasn't designed to create jobs, increase GDP or increase the stock market! It was supposed to stabilize some of our largest financial institutions. TARP under Bush did it's job...under Obama...not so much!

Let's look at the "perception" of how Obama was willing to spend his way out of the recession! Where did you progressives spend most of the money at your disposal? Investing in the Private Sector? Or did you spend it to keep people in the Public Sector in their jobs? So tell me why as a businessman in the Private Sector I should have seen anything in the ARRA that was an incentive for me to invest in a new business or to expand an existing one?

Wut??

LOLOL

People like them have recommended Trump for a Nobel before he done anything too. Hmm.

Gee, who would give a President a Nobel Prize before he did anything! That's just absurd...oh...wait...

Gee, who would give a President a Nobel Prize before he did anything! That's just absurd...oh...wait...
It's terribly amusing that many of the same people calling the Nobel a joke, have recommended a joke like Trump receive one too

and many people who defend Obama did not defend the award.

Because if you knew anything at all about the history of recessions you would know that most deep recessions are followed by rather rapid recoveries! The two that stand out are ones that didn't follow that pattern...The Great Depression...and The Great Recession!
There's been no recession worse than Bush's Great Recession since Hoover's Great Depression.

There's no quantifying how long a recovery should take. And in my lifetime, there was never an economy in such dire consequences. Taxes were already so low, they couldn't be lowered more, which could have helped. The Federal Fund rate was already too low to be lowered more, which could have helped.The only tool the government had at its disposal to turn the economy around was to pump a shit load of money into it, because the private sector had locked up when the credit markets froze. At the same time, millions upon millions of people lost their jobs and their homes. You're a sick, twisted conservative to think there was a quick fix to that.

And just like in the 30's, we end up with conservatives bitching that Democrats took too long to clean up their mess.

1) The truth is that Barack Obama oversaw the worst recovery from a recession since The Great Depression...

2) and it would have been FAR worse if the Democrats hadn't gotten their asses handed to them in the 2010 mid terms!

The truth is that Barack Obama oversaw a recovery from the worst recession since The Great Depression...

And to suggest if the Dems won in 2010 it would have been worse, I'd suggest you look at who was in charge before he worst recession since The Great Depression. One clue is, It was not the Dems

Let's see, JB...what was next up on the progressive "wish list" for legislation back in 2009? Cap & Trade? Care to take a stab at explaining how something that would have raised energy costs across the board for American industries was going to make the economy better? That was what Barry and his clueless minions had teed up for us back then! That after already passing the ACA that also was a jobs killer!
Typical of the right.... break the economy .... then bitch that Democrats can't fix it fast enough with their policies.

No wonder the MSM is unhinged with the latest immigration border media campaign...

More Americans are satisfied with the country’s direction than at any point during the Obama presidency, according to a Gallup poll released Monday.

The survey found that 38 percent of the population is content with the way things are going — the highest rate since 39 percent of the country reported they were satisfied in September of 2005.

The satisfaction rate, which Gallup began tracking in 1979, is also back in line with the historical average of 37 percent.

And it’s the first time since 2005 that Gallup has recorded consecutive months with satisfaction above 35 percent. Last month, 37 percent of the country said they were content with the way things are going.

One’s satisfaction with the country largely depends on one’s political party, the poll found.

Hardly surprising, is it?

The economy is doing well. Oh, wow.

Who did this? Oh, Obama's last day in charge and the economy was shit, no one had jobs. Obama had done nothing for 8 years. Boohoo, bad times.

Trump gets in, suddenly the economy jumps 2858595549% in one day, and everything is amazing because, because, because Trump made it so.

Presidents make decisions that have an impact AFTER they were in office. Think about it.

There's been no recession worse than Bush's Great Recession since Hoover's Great Depression.

There's no quantifying how long a recovery should take. And in my lifetime, there was never an economy in such dire consequences. Taxes were already so low, they couldn't be lowered more, which could have helped. The Federal Fund rate was already too low to be lowered more, which could have helped.The only tool the government had at its disposal to turn the economy around was to pump a shit load of money into it, because the private sector had locked up when the credit markets froze. At the same time, millions upon millions of people lost their jobs and their homes. You're a sick, twisted conservative to think there was a quick fix to that.

And just like in the 30's, we end up with conservatives bitching that Democrats took too long to clean up their mess.

No only that, some of Trump's policies are pushing the US towards another one. All while telling the poor how lucky they are.

Wut??

LOLOL

TARP wasn't designed to create jobs, increase GDP or increase the stock market! It was supposed to stabilize some of our largest financial institutions. TARP under Bush did it's job...under Obama...not so much!

Let's look at the "perception" of how Obama was willing to spend his way out of the recession! Where did you progressives spend most of the money at your disposal? Investing in the Private Sector? Or did you spend it to keep people in the Public Sector in their jobs? So tell me why as a businessman in the Private Sector I should have seen anything in the ARRA that was an incentive for me to invest in a new business or to expand an existing one?
It was designed to create or save only a few million jobs. It was never designed to be a huge job producer but only to serve as a bridge until the private sector could get back on its feet. And it worked as designed as the private sector started posted job gains in February of 2010 and hasn't slowed down yet; after 99 consecutive months.

No wonder the MSM is unhinged with the latest immigration border media campaign...

More Americans are satisfied with the country’s direction than at any point during the Obama presidency, according to a Gallup poll released Monday.

The survey found that 38 percent of the population is content with the way things are going — the highest rate since 39 percent of the country reported they were satisfied in September of 2005.

The satisfaction rate, which Gallup began tracking in 1979, is also back in line with the historical average of 37 percent.

And it’s the first time since 2005 that Gallup has recorded consecutive months with satisfaction above 35 percent. Last month, 37 percent of the country said they were content with the way things are going.

One’s satisfaction with the country largely depends on one’s political party, the poll found.

Hardly surprising, is it?

The economy is doing well. Oh, wow.

Who did this? Oh, Obama's last day in charge and the economy was shit, no one had jobs. Obama had done nothing for 8 years. Boohoo, bad times.

Trump gets in, suddenly the economy jumps 2858595549% in one day, and everything is amazing because, because, because Trump made it so.
Pay no attention to this fool!

The economy was doing well under Obama. Then the tool mentions jobs. It is all over the place with spin.

"because Trump made it so." "I alone!" "Believe me!"

Wut??

LOLOL

And the economy nose-dived after TARP. It did not begin to recover until after ARRA.

Forum List

Back