Samsung Recalling 2.8 Million Exploding Washing Machines

I got rid of one two years ago, made before the recall dates though. I will never buy Samsung again. Eight year old top of the line front loader and they no longer made the main board that went out. Also discovered in troubleshooting the spider arm was being eaten away from the soap.

I got rid of one two years ago, made before the recall dates though. I will never buy Samsung again. Eight year old top of the line front loader and they no longer made the main board that went out. Also discovered in troubleshooting the spider arm was being eaten away from the soap.
Let's make a part in a washing machine that gets eaten by soap.....
I swear the ancients had a better understanding of engineering principles than we do today.

I swear the ancients had a better understanding of engineering principles than we do today.
They used some kind of pot metal for the arms. In fairness I didn't read the manual, maybe it said not to use powder soap but I wouldn't have guessed.

Bought a Speed Queen, old school top loader. She's an animal. Sounds like a laundry mat machine, because it is.

You know, when I first saw the headline, I was thinking this would be a joke from something like the Onion.

Sadly............it's real.

You know, in the old days, manufacturers hired craftsmen that knew their trade very well and made things that would last.

Now? Planned obsolescence seems to be the order of the day. Make it so it craps out the day after the warranty expires so you can keep the consumer economy running.

They used some kind of pot metal for the arms. In fairness I didn't read the manual, maybe it said not to use powder soap but I wouldn't have guessed.

Bought a Speed Queen, old school top loader. She's an animal. Sounds like a laundry mat machine, because it is.
I'm an engineer. Even if they said don't use powder soap you design it as if they will, because 15% or more will. It's human nature.

I'm an engineer. Even if they said don't use powder soap you design it as if they will, because 15% or more will. It's human nature.
I agree. Caught me by surprise, one arm had a 1/4 hole all the way through. Did a search and found it to be a common problem, some people didn't find out until it broke completely.

Between that and their phone they are taking a (much deserved) beating.

To me, General Electric is the company to go with. Three years ago, I finally had to get a new dryer. The one that I got rid of was a GE, but it lasted for over 35 years! :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

First their phones start blowing up, now their washing machines are blowing up as well.

Not only that, but other products made in China are doing the same thing, how about those exploding airbags? Anyone remember the Chinese hoverboards that caught fire?

Stuff made in China is crap.

First their phones start blowing up, now their washing machines are blowing up as well.

Not only that, but other products made in China are doing the same thing, how about those exploding airbags? Anyone remember the Chinese hoverboards that caught fire?

Samsung is Korean.

Samsung is Korean.

Okay, so it's Korean. My question is, why are we still allowing crap like this into the country? We got pissed when China was painting toys with lead paint and making others with toxic plastic and stopped that.

Why can't we stop things that will kill people or burn their houses down?

Years ago appliances were not built with computers and motherboards.

A few years ago we gave a great big Samsung Side by side refrigerator a try. it was a disaster. Not a single repair person could fix its constant freezer problems.

We received a full refund but only after we cut off the power cord at the head and sent it in as "proof of purchase" even though we had the receipt.
Samsung sucks.

Samsung is Korean.

Okay, so it's Korean. My question is, why are we still allowing crap like this into the country? We got pissed when China was painting toys with lead paint and making others with toxic plastic and stopped that.

Most household appliances don't kill people. People kill people. (Couldn't resist that one)

I wonder if Kim Jong Un isn't sabotaging Samsung as a way of punishing South Korea. Maybe he has industrial spies embedded at Samsung.

Samsung is Korean.

I doubt anyone knew, especially Samsung. This is costing them a fortune and they already had a disaster. I think they spread out into too many products too fast. They need to dial it down and specialize instead of trying to take over the world.

Forum List

Back