Holy F&CK Batman this generation is a MESS

Trump.Stamped

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2016
Working in a High School (9-12) you really see how quickly things are going to shit in this country. The homes are a mess, parents don't know what the fuck they are doing, the kids can't deal with anything, drug use is getting worse, they have no respect, and they are getting DUMBER.

Seriously, this country is in trouble.

Talk to someone who works in a school, preferably an administrator (teachers get a piece of the picture but not the whole of how bad it is).

Thanks to the 40 and 50 year olds for fucking everything up

I just hate it when people complain about education but have no suggestions whatever for how to fix it. At least it sounds like the OP stuck his foot in the door. And it's all the teachers' fault these kids aren't learning, right?

Working in a High School (9-12) you really see how quickly things are going to shit in this country. The homes are a mess, parents don't know what the fuck they are doing, the kids can't deal with anything, drug use is getting worse, they have no respect, and they are getting DUMBER.

Talk to someone who works in a school, preferably an administrator (teachers get a piece of the picture but not the whole of how bad it is).
You subbing?

Dear OldLady and Trump.Stamped
YES to both of you. I just applauded a teacher I ran into again last week
for the incredible job she has of teaching students with no background at all
in writing or other skills, because their high schools watered down their
graduation requirements to nothing. Amazing that teachers like her can
work with students at all.

Thanks for setting up the nail, Trump.Stamped
and hitting it right on the head, OldLady

Not everyone has to be able to play and teach trumpet
to know when the people next door who are teaching and playing it
are making such awful noise instead of music, it's disturbing the neighborhood.

Dear OldLady and @Trumpstamped
YES to both of you. I just applauded a teacher I ran into again last week
for the incredible job she has of teaching students with no background at all
in writing or other skills, because their high schools watered down their
graduation requirements to nothing. Amazing that teachers like her can
work with students at all.

Thanks for setting up the nail, @Trumpstamped
and hitting it right on the head, OldLady

Not everyone has to be able to play and teach trumpet
to know when the people next door who are teaching and playing it
are making such awful noise instead of music, it's disturbing the neighborhood.
That's so true, Emily, thank you for reminding me. In Adult Ed, I work with students who dropped out of high school more than students in college, though I work with both. Therefore, I don't see the "successes" very much, but I still don't like to hear them slammed or their teachers, either. Schools are a microcosm of their communities. When there are problems in the communities, they will be present in the schools. The schools can't fix everything. And kids can't be expected to learn very well in a chaotic environment (that doesn't include just the schoolhouse). People are complaining about how much we spend on education--but the plain truth of it is, if we somehow don't stabilize the communities, the kids are going to keep paying.

You subbing?
Police officer. (School Liaison Officer)

I just hate it when people complain about education but have no suggestions whatever for how to fix it. At least it sounds like the OP stuck his foot in the door. And it's all the teachers' fault these kids aren't learning, right?

I wasn't pointing fingers at the school, just noting what I see working in one. These kids are a mess, and the schools are a dumping ground for societies problems, which the schools are expected to fix. Parents fuck the kids up, then blame the schools for their kids problems. It's disturbing.

I wasn't pointing fingers at the school, just noting what I see working in one. These kids are a mess, and the schools are a dumping ground for societies problems, which the schools are expected to fix. Parents fuck the kids up, then blame the schools for their kids problems. It's disturbing.
Because of the nature of your job, like me, you're seeing a larger majority of the "problems" than the kids who are doing okay (I hesitate to use the words "doing just fine" for any adolescent--it's a minute by minute thing). But don't think you don't make a difference, 'cause you do. One of the high schools I worked with had a school liaison officer who did wonders for a lot of kids Just being there to talk to and maybe intercede at the exactly needed moment can have more impact than you think.
Don't get discouraged.

Youth are being dumbed down in many respects, besides being the most book smart.

I'm so happy my state is "stuck in the 50s" I wish you lower 48ers would get your shit together.

On the plus side, my children all went to a lovely ABC school that was strong on patriotism and all of them turned out quite well. They are still in contact with their teachers through FB and such :)

My sister works at a school...she says 99.99% of the teachers are just as dumb as the kids.

Teachers should be paid more than McDonald's cashiers.

Considering they only work 9 months out of the year, they do pretty good. Teachers are paid way too much for the amount of work they do. The heaviest thing they have to lift? A stack of test papers. Who is not paid enough? People who bust their asses, like airport personnel, baggage handlers, drywall finishers, etc. Very little time off, very poor pay and few benefits.

I got a job straight out of college making a dollar over minimum wage pumping jet fuel on a tarmac in June in Louisiana. For the first 4 months I worked there the heat index didn't remain below 100 in the afternoon. And I didn't get a 3 month vacation. Teachers start out making 3 times as much as me, some with less education. (I have two college degrees. Not for bragging just comparing apples to apples as far as education level is concerned.) I know a dude who was a teacher. Dude not only was an asshole but was a half-mexican with a cajun accent. And not a great influence on kids. He would tell kids who were bullied to stand up and fight. Although he cared about the kids, he left a 15 dollar an hour job to be a teacher so he could get paid more and do far less. I can't blame him.

I'd take a teachers cushy air conditioned job with a 3 month vacation in the summer any day.

They have fallen victim to " Social Engineering" and you are right the parents haven't got a fkn clue wth is going on, they rely on the teachers like the authority police to tell them what their kids should do, shouldn't do how they act, shouldn't act and are real quick to " prescribe meds" helping the Gov. controlled big pharmacies get rich by life long drugs these kids end up needing. While on them many kids end up feeling like they want to kills themselves.
Politically correct has them acting like snowflakes so severely they can't function in a world of reality .
The state owns the kids
Common Core
Brain washing students via the Gov " called dumbing down America" and they do it through the education system.
Melissa Perry----------- Your kids are not yours 00>
MSNBC HOST: YOUR KIDS BELONG TO THE COLLECTIVE » ALEX JONES ...
Apr 8, 2013 ... Kurt Nimmo Infowars.com. April 6, 2013. In the video below, college professor and MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry says your children are not ...

Forum List

Back