Rural Oregon counties vote to discuss seceding from state to join ‘Greater Idaho’

What's the difference? life goes on either way!

The problem with that idea....is that they lack the authority to do it.

You need the consent of other States to become a State. You don't just 'declare it' an start electing your Senators.

They want to become part of Idaho, not a new state

At the very least, they'd need the consent of both States. And most likely, the consent of the several states.

I don't see any of that happening.

Worked for the colonies.

Not so much for South Carolina though.

South Carolina is still under British rule?

Its still part of the US, despite writing its own articles of secession.

That dispute was settled already.

4 years later.

I doubt that the oregon counties would have much better luck without the consent of the States.

Let’s wait and see...

It seems unlikely that Oregon is going to secede its own territory to Idaho. Or that Idaho would even want them.

This will almost certainly amount to nothing.

You do know eastern oregon is sick of that trash in Portland rightno No

You need the consent of other States to become a State. You don't just 'declare it' an start electing your Senators.

At the very least, they'd need the consent of both States. And most likely, the consent of the several states.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

I doubt that the oregon counties would have much better luck without the consent of the States.

Let’s wait and see...

It seems unlikely that Oregon is going to secede its own territory to Idaho. Or that Idaho would even want them.

There is probably much more in common with the people in a potential merger of more rural areas then with the city areas.

Its not common at all. Show me any State in the last century that has given up territory to another state....because the citizens in that region told them to.

And don't hold your breath while you try, as you're gonna pass the heck out.

Its just another variant on the silly secession fantasy that many conservatives are fancying.......as the slowly grow more hostile to democracy and democratic institutions.

No they are getting sick and tired of the left , they want no part of them.

And....it doesn't matter if they are 'sick and tired of them'. These secession fantasies still don't amount to much.

It's the outrage that counts, like a good lefty you can't handle the fact people hate the left

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

There is probably much more in common with the people in a potential merger of more rural areas then with the city areas.

Its not common at all. Show me any State in the last century that has given up territory to another state....because the citizens in that region told them to.

Its just another variant on the silly secession fantasy that many conservatives are fancying.......as the slowly grow more hostile to democracy and democratic institutions.

And....it doesn't matter if they are 'sick and tired of them'. These secession fantasies still don't amount to much.

It's the outrage that counts, like a good lefty you can't handle the fact people hate the left

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Not really. Oregon is still super blue. And those Oregon counties are still part of Oregon.

Alas, feelings don't amount to much in the face of votes.

Why don't you want those counties to leave and join idaho, what's the reason other than it will hurt your feelings

Why would I want those counties to leave and join Idaho?

If they don't like Oregon....they can move.

That's what they want, move the counties to idaho, they can't stand portland and liberalism

And the majority of people of Oregon don't want it. Why would I ignore what the majority of people of Oregon want?

So mob rule, do what they tell us to do , how to act and behave?

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Not really. Oregon is still super blue. And those Oregon counties are still part of Oregon.

Why don't you want those counties to leave and join idaho, what's the reason other than it will hurt your feelings

That's what they want, move the counties to idaho, they can't stand portland and liberalism

And the majority of people of Oregon don't want it. Why would I ignore what the majority of people of Oregon want?

Majority rule.

If you don't like Oregon....move somewhere else. If you want to change Oregon......convince the majority of people to do what you want.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Majority rule.

If you don't like Oregon....move somewhere else. If you want to change Oregon......convince the majority of people to do what you want.

Mob rule

Those counties want no part of liberalism, they are not creating a new state but want to join idaho and it's laws of freedom, the love of the flag, God and Jesus

Portland is a cesspool and a embarrassing piece of trash

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Majority rule.

Mob rule

Those counties want no part of liberalism, they are not creating a new state but want to join idaho and it's laws of freedom, the love of the flag, God and Jesus

Majority rule. Just because conservatives have an ideology that is dying, caustic and unpersuasive doesn't mean that the people they failed to convince are a 'mob'.

You just need better ideology.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Majority rule.

Mob rule

Majority rule. Just because conservatives have an ideology that is dying, caustic and unpersuasive doesn't mean that the people they failed to convince are a 'mob'.

Mob rule

If we had a democracy gay marriage would still be illegal

So you still don't want to address why eastern oregon hates portland?

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Majority rule.

Mob rule

Mob rule

I don't really care why eastern Oregon hates Portland.

If you had an argument and ideology that was vital and persusive....you could convince them to adopt it. Instead, when you present an ideology that is so stale, so crumbling and unpersuasive that you fail to convince many in your state at all.......you blame the electorate.

Good luck with that.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Majority rule.

Mob rule

Mob rule

I don't really care why eastern Oregon hates Portland.

If you had an argument and ideology that was vital and persusive....you could convince them to adopt it. Instead, when you present an ideology that is so stale, so crumbling and unpersuasive that you fail to convince many in your state at all.......you blame the electorate.

Good luck with that.

So your deflecting, you don't want to address why people hate liberalism

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Don’t bet on it. Virginia has already considered the same move with much of VA becoming part of WV.

Is it though? Or did a tiny number of obscure legislators propose the idea and it went no where?

Like this Oregon to Idaho 'transfer' is going.

Just wait. There are a lot of people out there who live outside of the democrat parasite bubbles.

Or, you just don't know what you're talking about.

Alas, there is zero indication of any transfer of territory between Oregon and Idaho. Or Viginia to West Virginia.

There are a lot of people out there who live outside of democrat parasite bubbles.

And yet there's still zero indiction of any transfer of territory between Oregon and Idaho. Or Virginia to West Virginia.

So much for being 'outside the bubble'. As whatever source you're citing isn't giving you good information.

As far as you know.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Don’t bet on it. Virginia has already considered the same move with much of VA becoming part of WV.

Is it though? Or did a tiny number of obscure legislators propose the idea and it went no where?

Just wait. There are a lot of people out there who live outside of the democrat parasite bubbles.

Alas, there is zero indication of any transfer of territory between Oregon and Idaho. Or Viginia to West Virginia.

There are a lot of people out there who live outside of democrat parasite bubbles.

And yet there's still zero indiction of any transfer of territory between Oregon and Idaho. Or Virginia to West Virginia.

So much for being 'outside the bubble'. As whatever source you're citing isn't giving you good information.

As far as you know.

Then by all means, show us the evidence of this imminent transfer of territory between Oregon and Idaho. Or from Virginia to West Virginia.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

As far as you know.

Then by all means, show us the evidence of this imminent transfer of territory between Oregon and Idaho. Or from Virginia to West Virginia.

The source of this thread is one.
Here’s another...
You’re a petulant child.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Majority rule.

Just over half the votes to become communist is not majority rule.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

As far as you know.

Here’s another...
You’re a petulant child.

So nothing for Oregon. And ss I predicted for Virginia.....ONE obscure legislator in Virginia made a proposal that went exactly no where.

Well that was underwhelming.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

As far as you know.

Here’s another...
You’re a petulant child.

So nothing for Oregon. And ss I predicted for Virginia.....ONE obscure legislator in Virginia made a proposal that went exactly no where.

Not really.
Don’t underestimate the will of actual Americans.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

As far as you know.

Here’s another...
You’re a petulant child.

Not really.
Don’t underestimate the will of actual Americans.

Every American is an actual American.

And there's zero induction that either Oregon or Virginia will be ceding territory to other states.

Even by your own sources.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Majority rule.

Just over half the votes to become communist is not majority rule.

Oregon went to Biden 57% to 40%.

It wasn't even close.

And counting the votes of the people in the State isn't 'communist'. Do you even know what that term means?

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Majority rule.

So, the ol' "Two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner", anology, huh?

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Well, we don't want Oregon either. So there's that, I'm just getting it out there.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Majority rule.

Mob rule

So, how far left are you willing to go, Skylar?

For a portion of a state to separate from its parent state to become a separate state, or become a part of another state, Congress would have the final say in the matter and with the fake Democrat party in control of Congress, and western Oregon being inundated with Marxist/Socialists, it won't happen. Not long ago, West Virginia offered Virginia counties disgruntled with the anti-gun politicians in Richmond, to switch their counties to West Virginia where they respect the right to bear arms. It didn't follow through, as Congress is in control of the decisions of statehood.

Forum List

Back