Rural Oregon counties vote to discuss seceding from state to join ‘Greater Idaho’

What's the difference? life goes on either way!

The problem with that idea....is that they lack the authority to do it.

You need the consent of other States to become a State. You don't just 'declare it' an start electing your Senators.

They want to become part of Idaho, not a new state

At the very least, they'd need the consent of both States. And most likely, the consent of the several states.

I don't see any of that happening.

Worked for the colonies.

Not so much for South Carolina though.

South Carolina is still under British rule?

Its still part of the US, despite writing its own articles of secession.

That dispute was settled already.

4 years later.

I doubt that the oregon counties would have much better luck without the consent of the States.

I don't think other states would matter, just oregon and Idaho plus congress

rticle IV, Section. 3, Clause 1 of the United States Constitutions provides:

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new States shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

You need the consent of other States to become a State. You don't just 'declare it' an start electing your Senators.

At the very least, they'd need the consent of both States. And most likely, the consent of the several states.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

I doubt that the oregon counties would have much better luck without the consent of the States.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

It seems unlikely that Oregon is going to secede its own territory to Idaho. Or that Idaho would even want them.

This will almost certainly amount to nothing.

I wish people would let Idaho alone.

I read (on Drudge) that some people are thinking about moving there.

I hope that they do not.

If they do, then Idaho will eventually become like the other states.

And that would be terrible.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

It seems unlikely that Oregon is going to secede its own territory to Idaho. Or that Idaho would even want them.

Don’t bet on it. Virginia has already considered the same move with much of VA becoming part of WV.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Don’t bet on it. Virginia has already considered the same move with much of VA becoming part of WV.

Is it though? Or did a tiny number of obscure legislators propose the idea and it went no where?

Like this Oregon to Idaho 'transfer' is going.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Is it though? Or did a tiny number of obscure legislators propose the idea and it went no where?

Just wait. There are a lot of people out there who live outside of the democrat parasite bubbles.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Just wait. There are a lot of people out there who live outside of the democrat parasite bubbles.

Or, you just don't know what you're talking about.

Alas, there is zero indication of any transfer of territory between Oregon and Idaho. Or Viginia to West Virginia.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Alas, there is zero indication of any transfer of territory between Oregon and Idaho. Or Viginia to West Virginia.

There are a lot of people out there who live outside of democrat parasite bubbles.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

There are a lot of people out there who live outside of democrat parasite bubbles.

And yet there's still zero indiction of any transfer of territory between Oregon and Idaho. Or Virginia to West Virginia.

So much for being 'outside the bubble'. As whatever source you're citing isn't giving you good information.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

There is probably much more in common with the people in a potential merger of more rural areas then with the city areas.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

There is probably much more in common with the people in a potential merger of more rural areas then with the city areas.

Its not common at all. Show me any State in the last century that has given up territory to another state....because the citizens in that region told them to.

And don't hold your breath while you try, as you're gonna pass the heck out.

Its just another variant on the silly secession fantasy that many conservatives are fancying.......as the slowly grow more hostile to democracy and democratic institutions.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

You do know eastern oregon is sick of that trash in Portland rightno No

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Its not common at all. Show me any State in the last century that has given up territory to another state....because the citizens in that region told them to.

Its just another variant on the silly secession fantasy that many conservatives are fancying.......as the slowly grow more hostile to democracy and democratic institutions.

No they are getting sick and tired of the left , they want no part of them.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

And....it doesn't matter if they are 'sick and tired of them'. These secession fantasies still don't amount to much.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

And....it doesn't matter if they are 'sick and tired of them'. These secession fantasies still don't amount to much.

It's the outrage that counts, like a good lefty you can't handle the fact people hate the left

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

It's the outrage that counts, like a good lefty you can't handle the fact people hate the left

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Not really. Oregon is still super blue. And those Oregon counties are still part of Oregon.

Alas, feelings don't amount to much in the face of votes.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Not really. Oregon is still super blue. And those Oregon counties are still part of Oregon.

Why don't you want those counties to leave and join idaho, what's the reason other than it will hurt your feelings

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Why don't you want those counties to leave and join idaho, what's the reason other than it will hurt your feelings

Why would I want those counties to leave and join Idaho?

If they don't like Oregon....they can move.

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

That's what they want, move the counties to idaho, they can't stand portland and liberalism

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

Worked for the colonies.

4 years later.

Let’s wait and see...

They don't want to

Defund cops

Abolish prisons

Make all drugs legal

They are sick of anarchy

That's what they want, move the counties to idaho, they can't stand portland and liberalism

And the majority of people of Oregon don't want it. Why would I ignore what the majority of people of Oregon want?

Forum List

Back