Ronald Reagan raised the debt ceiling 18 times.

The ONLY time that Republicans fuck with the debt limit is when they are not on the White House.

Been that way for decades

And they do it to fuck with the economy so they can point to how bad it is (as a result of what THEY have done ) and whine

Happens every time

The ONLY time that Republicans fuck with the debt limit is when they are not on the White House.

And they do it to fuck with the economy so they can point to how bad it is (as a result of what THEY have done ) and whine

Happens every time
Obviously, debt is meaningless to you clowns. My guess is you run a household with that same logic.

If the US defaults, every American will suffer.

Maybe we deserve to. If $32 trillion in debt isn't irresponsible enough, how much is? Maybe your alleged default is exactly what this country needs to learn to live within its means. The long term alternative could be far worse.

Happens every time

Yup. So deal with it. Or whine some more.

Reagan was the WORST, most corrupt, president in US history...............until, Trump was installed.

The presidency of Ronald Reagan in the United States was marked by numerous scandals, resulting in the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any president in American history.
trolls-have-serious-S.jpg

Yes, Reagan liked to spend like a drunk leftist. This isnt exactly new information.

When people get hungry they do very bad things. I remember people calling doomsday preppers, crazy. Are they still crazy?

I have no belief that "default" is Armageddon. I think that's more fear mongering than reality. I'm not saying it won't have consequences that could be felt, but not the fire and brimstone the elite are claiming it would be. It would force our government to make the tough decisions they should have made years ago.

Again, do it now or do it later because it's coming either way.

I have no belief that "default" is Armageddon. I think that's more fear mongering than reality. I'm not saying it won't have consequences that could be felt, but not the fire and brimstone the elite are claiming it would be. It would force our government to make the tough decisions they should have made years ago.

Again, do it now or do it later because it's coming either way.
You couldn't be more wrong. First, while it might not be Armageddon if the US defaults, it sure as hell will feel like it. I man already, US Treasuries that mature in June are paying over seven percent due to the default risk. If we do default,, then the interest expense on the national debt will double, if not triple, overnight. Immediately wiping out any savings Republicans thought they were going to come up with. In fact, their plan claims to save four trillion dollars over ten years, but a default would cost five trillion dollars, AT LEAST, in higher interest expense over that same time period. Talk about stupid.

And from what I gather, the big sticking point in the negotiations is the work requirement for some of those on public assistance. How the hell does that make sense. Again, default would almost certainly result in a recession and at least four million people losing their jobs. So, Republicans are willing to make four million people unemployed in order to force a few hundred thousand to work. And quite honestly, I think that requirement would open the federal government up to litigation. Besides, a work requirement for welfare has never been effective, for inherently structural reasons. The common sense approach is to eliminate those structural barriers to making work pay instead of just mandating those people work.

And now to the claim that McCarthy and the Republicans are out-maneuvering Biden. That is laughable, Biden is playing them like a damn fiddle. First, already Republicans have taken the reversal of Biden's Inflation reduction act off the table. The tradeoff is tax increases have also been removed from the table, a mistake if you ask me. Now it is just a matter of negotiating spending caps. But here is the thing, Republicans control the House and the House must initiate all spending proposals. Hell, Biden is just controlling what they were going to do anyway. Talk about a bunch of fools. All this pissing and moaning, all these political theatrics, for NOTHING, absolutely nothing.

You couldn't be more wrong. First, while it might not be Armageddon if the US defaults, it sure as hell will feel like it. I man already, US Treasuries that mature in June are paying over seven percent due to the default risk. If we do default,, then the interest expense on the national debt will double, if not triple, overnight. Immediately wiping out any savings Republicans thought they were going to come up with. In fact, their plan claims to save four trillion dollars over ten years, but a default would cost five trillion dollars, AT LEAST, in higher interest expense over that same time period. Talk about stupid.

And from what I gather, the big sticking point in the negotiations is the work requirement for some of those on public assistance. How the hell does that make sense. Again, default would almost certainly result in a recession and at least four million people losing their jobs. So, Republicans are willing to make four million people unemployed in order to force a few hundred thousand to work. And quite honestly, I think that requirement would open the federal government up to litigation. Besides, a work requirement for welfare has never been effective, for inherently structural reasons. The common sense approach is to eliminate those structural barriers to making work pay instead of just mandating those people work.

And now to the claim that McCarthy and the Republicans are out-maneuvering Biden. That is laughable, Biden is playing them like a damn fiddle. First, already Republicans have taken the reversal of Biden's Inflation reduction act off the table. The tradeoff is tax increases have also been removed from the table, a mistake if you ask me. Now it is just a matter of negotiating spending caps. But here is the thing, Republicans control the House and the House must initiate all spending proposals. Hell, Biden is just controlling what they were going to do anyway. Talk about a bunch of fools. All this pissing and moaning, all these political theatrics, for NOTHING, absolutely nothing.
Biden only can play with his dick as a fiddle.. Other than that, Joe Biteme is a blithering idiot...Like you.

Forum List

Back