RNC is running commercial ad about BLM and its ON TARGET!

No disagreement there. People can use the phrase "All Lives Matter" to mean whatever they want it to mean.

I was referring to how it's more generally used. In general, I believe it's used as a criticism against BLM. But for any individual, including yourself, it could mean anything.
Well... I hope the English language means something... Unless you are suggesting I'm not communicating in good faith, it does mean something. It means... All lives matter.

I have plenty of criticism for the organization of Black Lives Matter... Marxism being in the forefront. But I have no problem with the slogan and philosophy of "black lives matter" because of my belief that "all lives matter"

Your opinion isn't really relevant. I said that ALM is used to criticize BLM...because it is.

And somehow that makes me racist.

BLM is a racist organization that uses violence in pursuit of their hatred of white people so yes - you are a racist by supporting them.

No disagreement there. People can use the phrase "All Lives Matter" to mean whatever they want it to mean.

I was referring to how it's more generally used. In general, I believe it's used as a criticism against BLM. But for any individual, including yourself, it could mean anything.
Well... I hope the English language means something... Unless you are suggesting I'm not communicating in good faith, it does mean something. It means... All lives matter.

I have plenty of criticism for the organization of Black Lives Matter... Marxism being in the forefront. But I have no problem with the slogan and philosophy of "black lives matter" because of my belief that "all lives matter"

I know what "all lives matter" means. The meaning of it isn't an issue - of course all lives matter. The use of the phrase is the issue. The phrase is used (not by you) to criticize or minimize the concerns of people who say that "black lives matter".

You're fun to talk to. How about a little example? Everyone likes those.

Your friend's house is burning down. Your friend is screaming, concerned that her house is going to burn to the ground. Your response to her is "All Houses Matter". You tell her "My house is just as important as yours." Your message is not wrong, of course your house matters too. But in her time of need, it's a way of ignoring her very big issue at that very moment - the issue that matters tremendously to her. It's kind of passive-aggressive.

That's how "ALM" is used in general, though not by you of course.

Your friend's house is burning down. Your friend is screaming, concerned that her house is going to burn to the ground. Your response to her is "All Houses Matter". You tell her "My house is just as important as yours." Your message is not wrong, of course your house matters too. But in her time of need, it's a way of ignoring her very big issue at that very moment - the issue that matters tremendously to her. It's kind of passive-aggressive.
That's the problem here though. My response wouldn't be "ALL HOUSES MATTER" because it's also MY HOUSE. The example doesn't work. Because it's OUR HOUSE that is burning down. Not hers. I mean she can claim it, but it's mine just as much as it is hers in this context.

So there are problems with the police force? Well shit.. That's my police force too!

*shrugs* I don't like identity politics.

That's the problem here though. My response wouldn't be "ALL HOUSES MATTER" because it's also MY HOUSE. The example doesn't work. Because it's OUR HOUSE that is burning down. Not hers. I mean she can claim it, but it's mine just as much as it is hers in this context.

So there are problems with the police force? Well shit.. That's my police force too!

*shrugs* I don't like identity politics.

Well, I meant for you two to be in different houses. Your house is fine in this situation.

Oh well. I butchered that one apparently.

Well, I meant for you two to be in different houses. Your house is fine in this situation.

I understand what you were going for.... I just don't agree it's a good example is all. ( OR to be absolutely fair... I feel like absolute shit. I need to go to bed. I could be way off, I don't know. In fact... G'night. )

I understand what you were going for.... I just don't agree it's a good example is all. ( OR to be absolutely fair... I feel like absolute shit. I need to go to bed. I could be way off, I don't know. In fact... G'night. )

Hope you feel better soon.

See ya.

Forum List

Back