Right to Life (et al) is wrong??!! RE punishing women who abort

Destruction of potential life is a sin. Listening to music with curses is a sin. Sins can not be outlawed.
nope, you can't even post correctly. What a shame. You thought you were so bright and just another dull fk.

Pro-life organizations wrote a letter to lawmakers (not sure which ones, but probably those in Louisiana which is considering legislation to punish women who obtain an abortion). In the letter they speak of the Catholic Church’s position on abortion. However, these “70 pro-life leaders” do not seem to be in conformity with the teachings of the Catholic Church OR with logic. (This is from an article in the Southern Nebraska Register, May 20, 2022) My comments are in [ ]s and the non-italicized parts.

First the parts I agree with… I only found a couple paragraphs (strangely):

“[The woman]… is also Roe’s victim… She is the victim of a callous industry created to take lives; an industry that claims to provide for women’s health but denies the reality that far too many American women suffer devastating physical and psychological damage following abortion.”

The] Catholic Church condemns abortion… stresses the importance of forgiveness and mercy for the women who have obtained abortions… “… does not intend to restrict the scope of mercy,” the Catechism… reads… “makes clear the gravity of the crime… the irreparable harm done to the innocent who is put to death as well as to the parents and the whole of society.”

There are about 16 paragraphs in this article and I agree ONLY with those 2.

Then there is a sentence I agree with: “[T]here are two victims with every abortion…” [except that, no, there are far more than just those two primary ones. The father can suffer… All of society suffers].

In this letter to lawmakers, these pro-life leaders “demanded [demanded!] that state lawmakers refuse to punish or criminalize women who obtain abortions.“

They seem to be particularly concerned about Louisiana, a state considering legislation that could subject women who obtain abortions to criminal prosecution and prison.

I’m with Louisiana. In fact, I was enraged reading the position of these so-called pro-life leaders.

The Catholic Church, I am convinced, does not agree with them (in an ex cathedra way), although there is no list of all the aforementioned “leaders” who wrote this letter. Oh, wait, there is mention of an archbishop William Lori, who, astoundingly, is HEAD of the US bishops’ pro-life committee!

So, these people obviously are in error, against both logic and LIFE AND the American way (which American way, if done according to how our Founders designed, is an excellent way).

As to that latter argument, there is this: There is supposed to be a semblance of equality in our American system of justice. You are going to punish a doctor who performs an abortion but NOT—as per Pope Francis—the woman who ordered “the hit.” (Pope F referred once to abortion as being a hit job or words to that effect.)

This makes no logical sense. You don’t give one person committing murder a prison or death sentence and let another murderer go free.

So, the way I see things is that these “leaders” do not REALLY see abortion as murder after all. If they did, they would want ALL parties implicated in said murderous act to be punished by our laws..

YES, LOUISIANA!!!

Show us the way….
Pro-life organizations wrote a letter to lawmakers (not sure which ones, but probably those in Louisiana which is considering legislation to punish women who obtain an abortion). In the letter they speak of the Catholic Church’s position on abortion. However, these “70 pro-life leaders” do not seem to be in conformity with the teachings of the Catholic Church OR with logic. (This is from an article in the Southern Nebraska Register, May 20, 2022) My comments are in [ ]s and the non-italicized parts.

First the parts I agree with… I only found a couple paragraphs (strangely):

“[The woman]… is also Roe’s victim… She is the victim of a callous industry created to take lives; an industry that claims to provide for women’s health but denies the reality that far too many American women suffer devastating physical and psychological damage following abortion.”

The] Catholic Church condemns abortion… stresses the importance of forgiveness and mercy for the women who have obtained abortions… “… does not intend to restrict the scope of mercy,” the Catechism… reads… “makes clear the gravity of the crime… the irreparable harm done to the innocent who is put to death as well as to the parents and the whole of society.”

There are about 16 paragraphs in this article and I agree ONLY with those 2.

Then there is a sentence I agree with: “[T]here are two victims with every abortion…” [except that, no, there are far more than just those two primary ones. The father can suffer… All of society suffers].

In this letter to lawmakers, these pro-life leaders “demanded [demanded!] that state lawmakers refuse to punish or criminalize women who obtain abortions.“

They seem to be particularly concerned about Louisiana, a state considering legislation that could subject women who obtain abortions to criminal prosecution and prison.

I’m with Louisiana. In fact, I was enraged reading the position of these so-called pro-life leaders.

The Catholic Church, I am convinced, does not agree with them (in an ex cathedra way), although there is no list of all the aforementioned “leaders” who wrote this letter. Oh, wait, there is mention of an archbishop William Lori, who, astoundingly, is HEAD of the US bishops’ pro-life committee!

So, these people obviously are in error, against both logic and LIFE AND the American way (which American way, if done according to how our Founders designed, is an excellent way).[\QUOTE]

Why don't you mind your own business? Are you a Fascist?

you believe in murdering humans. Just say it and breathe that sigh of relief.

You believe in killing women in the name of saving "babies" who will have no real real quality of life if you force women to give birth to them. Then you'll blame the women who should have kept their legs closed.

The irresponsible men who impregnated them. Crickets.

You believe in killing women in the name of saving "babies" who will have no real real quality of life if you force women to give birth to them. Then you'll blame the women who should have kept their legs closed.
I do? hmmmmmmm what post number was that? But I am able to post that you have no issue with killing babies. stand proud and announce your hate of babies.

The irresponsible men who impregnated them. Crickets.
Anti-life, left-wing ghouls are shamelessly dishonest and illogical.

Forum List

Back