Rick Scott Wants to Raise Taxes

Nah. Tax expenditures are. $1.4 trillion. Way more than Defense.

Sigh none of you have yet to make a coherent reply all you people do is make assumptions to what I think.

Not once have I talked about budget deficits or try to balance one.

It all about spending cuts to remove the need to increase taxes that is what I have been talking about the entire time.

No they don't.

I'm asking why YOU like her. If that is your only reason, then your belief is based on a false premise.
Have you been reading the same threads and news story's I have?

You can always tell when someone is good when the rest of the flock hates them.

you-will-never-be-criticized-by-someone-doing-more-than-you.-you-will-only-be-criticized-by-so...png

You cant be serious

the 2021 defense budget was $704 B

half of that is $350 B

the 2021 fed budget deficit was $2.77 TRILLION
You are conflating the fed budget with the defense budget.

The point of the post is to unfairly portray a popular republican senator in a negative way. The ironic thing is that he would be cheered if he was a democrat. Look forward to this cheap shit for the next nine months until republicans gain the majority in congress.

The federal government should adequately fund defense. At a Federal level that is the most important thing.

We have a few other things that should be funded at the Federal level like Courts, some Federal law enforcement and State Department but not very much more than that.

Most people probably don't mind paying into the highway trust fund to fund the roads.

We don't need Social Security or Medicare. Everybody should pay for their own retirement and health care.

We sure as hell don't need welfare, grants, subsidies or entitlements.

We don't need all these Federal departments like Education, HUD, DOE, EPA etc.

We could have a great Federal government for about $1.5 trillion a year. Low taxation and no need to go into debt.

Why don't lefties love Scott if he wants people who earn 200k to 300k to pay more federal taxes? Isn't that what democrats have been pushing for? Scott is the only senator with a set of balls to actually say it.
You misread the OP. Scott does not want rich people to pay more. He wants poor people to.

No I never once considered balancing the budget with Military cuts it was a response to the TAX increase proposal the OP is making, cutting spending reduces the reason for a tax increase but you should know politicians hate cutting spending and tax increases of increases spending afterwards.

America has grown paranoid with war planning that forces nations to build up in response which is what China is doing with their Navy and Airforce when they have the world biggest Carriers and more on the way and their Jet Fighters are comparable with America and now because of Chinas Naval increase is spurring Japan to build up their Navy too a growing snowball effect.

America is selling warfare readiness and exporting lots war materials to the world which is why it is getting more and more unstable that is the why America Military industrial Complex is a big threat to world peace.
We aren't the only country exporting arms to the world. Russia does as well.

America is leading the way to a highly militarized future that is what you keep overlooking.

Chine is RESPONDING to the American aggressive use of Sea power since they are getting more and more pressure in the China Sea and over Taiwan by growing American aggressiveness.

So, No America is meddling areas of the world that are far from our homeland thus not a valid "National Defense" argument.
Blame America First, eh?

We have national interests all over the world. It is critical we keep the sea and air lanes open.

Just look how crippled we were responding to the pandemic due to a lack of medical supplies from China.

Hell, not just medical supplies. EVERYTHING.

The China Sea (why do you think it called the CHINA sea in the first place) is right there off their main coastline which is understandable why they want control over that region of the sea while America is prowling the seas far from home and making some threats over the China sea area with Japan getting them to contest China over it.
China, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea all share the East China Sea.

See if you can guess why it is in our national interest to keep it secure.

Sigh none of you have yet to make a coherent reply all you people do is make assumptions to what I think.

Not once have I talked about budget deficits or try to balance one.

It all about spending cuts to remove the need to increase taxes that is what I have been talking about the entire time.
If we cut tax expenditures, that IS cutting spending. Way more than we spend on Defense.

And not only would we not need to increase taxes, we could actually decrease tax rates.

Blame America First, eh?

We have national interests all over the world. It is critical we keep the sea and air lanes open.

Just look how crippled we were responding to the pandemic due to a lack of medical supplies from China.

Hell, not just medical supplies. EVERYTHING.

Now you are getting desperate since you have no answer to the obvious American military overreach in the world the ONLY nation doing it which I pointed out several times which you ignore with your silly war hawk bluster.

America was crippled because they were not prepared even though we have the CDC and 50 states to be on their toes, can't blame China for our screw up in medical supplies or otherwise we shouldn't be so dependent on other countries for it in the first place.

:cuckoo:

I agree with that, and it is sad since it is around 1 trillion a massive waste of money, but I like to make it clear that is the biggest possible place to cut spending.
Spare us. The Dims are trying to spend $5 trillion. Cut that before we start talking about any other cuts.

We don't need Social Security or Medicare. Everybody should pay for their own retirement and health care.
I'm with you on healthcare.

But if you left Trumptards to their own devices, they would enroll in Trump University and stock up on gold-painted Trump commemorative coins.

Then they'd be broke when it came to retirement and they would mount another insurrection to demand a handout from the government.

"The bastards were bashing the Capitol Police with MyPillows!"

Last edited:
The China Sea (why do you think it called the CHINA sea in the first place)
You have a very simple view of the world

mexico does not own the Gulf of Mexico just because their name is on the map

the south china sea borders many nations not just communist china but peking wants it all to themselves

our navy has every right to sail international waters and hopefully will continue to do so

if you are worried about war, as I am, we should seek to isolate china economically by reversing our liberal trade policies with them as long as they remain a one-party dictatorship

The guy that increased the military's budget by 14% in just 4 years is the guy tat could make the military leaner and meaner.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :cheers2:

Thanks for the laugh this morning
Cut the Dim's $5 trillion spending bill before we start talking about cutting the military.

If we cut tax expenditures, that IS cutting spending. Way more than we spend on Defense.

And not only would we not need to increase taxes, we could actually decrease tax rates.

No, it doesn't which is why we have a massive deficit in the first place they are not controlling their spending to their income flow at all.

30 Trillion means they are overspending the incoming revenue and have been for many decades now.

Forum List

Back