Rick Scott Wants to Raise Taxes

Tax "expenditures" are not spending, moron. If the government eliminates the tax on cigarettes it hasn't increased spending. The's prog horseshit.
I understand. You bleev the government can pry your free shit from your cold, dead hands. I get it. Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it.

You see, someone who makes the same income you do has to pay more tax than you do in order to offset your government gifts. And you are okay with stealing from him. You have a government dependency mindset.

I believe people who earn identical incomes should pay identical taxes at a lower tax rate and that sounds so unfair to your welfare queen mind! :crybaby:

You may pay more tax if your free shit is taken from you, but the guy you're stealing from will pay less. How unfair!

You want as much government social engineering and interference in the marketplace as you can get.

You want people to be punished with higher taxes for not breeding. You want people to be punished with higher taxes for not having a mortgage debt. You want people punished with higher taxes for not buying the right refrigerator. You want people punished with higher taxes for not buying solar panels.

Because of welfare queens like you, it was not great leap to punishing people with higher taxes for not buying the right health insurance.

Thanks a lot, asshole!

Last edited:
I understand. You bleev the government can pry your free shit from your cold, dead hands. I get it. Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it.
I understand that you're a douchebag who is trying to put one over on us.

You see, someone who makes the same income you do has to pay more tax than you do in order to offset your government gifts. And you are okay with stealing from him. You have a government dependency mindset.
I don't get any "government gifts," moron.

If taxation is stealing, then just abolish all of it.

I believe people who earn identical incomes should pay identical taxes at a lower tax rate and that sounds so unfair to your welfare queen mind! :crybaby:
The just make everyone pay the same percentage.

You want as much government social engineering and interference in the marketplace as you can get.
Who do you think you're fooling, douchebag?

You want people to be punished with higher taxes for not breeding. You want people to be punished with higher taxes for not having a mortgage debt. You want people punished with higher taxes for not buying the right refrigerator. You want people punished with higher taxes for not buying solar panels.

Because of welfare queens like you, it was not great leap to punishing people with higher taxes for not buying the right health insurance.

Thanks a lot, asshole!

Here's what I don't want - a tax increase. That's what your proposal will do. If it wasn't about increasing revenue to the government, you would support adjusting tax brackets to be revenue neutral You obviously don't want to do that, so all you're trying to do is fool members of this board into voting for a tax increase.

No one is fooled.

Very little of that was new spending, turd.
O'rly? You read the bill and saw that this RECORD SPENDING was not much in the way of new spending?

You are making shit up.

Or do you think increasing defense spending is not new spending? And you're okay if we spend more so long as we are just increasing spending on the same old shit?

Interesting.

The lastest Dim boondoggle is all new spending. How could any genuine conservative support that?
How can any conservative support $4.75 trillion of spending? How can any conservative remain silent while Trump adds $8 trillion to the debt in half the time it took Obama?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Unlike you, when anyone on either team spends too much, I say something about it.

That was because of the Chamberlain Appeasement effort which whetted Hitler for more since he was getting what he wanted without firing a shot if we had Churchill as PM Hitler would never have gotten anything for free and would have been smashed by France and England IF they attacked much earlier than they finally did AFTER Hitler invaded France.
Which is exactly why we and our allies need to be as strong defense-wise as we can be. As a deterrent.

I understand that you're a douchebag who is trying to put one over on us.

I don't get any "government gifts," moron.
Yes you do. Every deduction, exemption, and credit is a government gift which is paid for by stealing from everyone else with higher tax rates and borrowing from China and other countries.

Here's what I don't want - a tax increase. That's what your proposal will do. If it wasn't about increasing revenue to the government, you would support adjusting tax brackets to be revenue neutral You obviously don't want to do that, so all you're trying to do is fool members of this board into voting for a tax increase.

No one is fooled.
As I said, you may pay more taxes if your free shit is taken away. But the people you are stealing from will pay less.

How unfair! People earning identical incomes will pay identical taxes at a rate lower than today's tax rates! I'm so evil!

The only fool is you. You are a thief, too.

That was because of the Chamberlain Appeasement effort which whetted Hitler for more since he was getting what he wanted without firing a shot if we had Churchill as PM Hitler would never have gotten anything for free and would have been smashed by France and England IF they attacked much earlier than they finally did AFTER Hitler invaded France.
History is attempting to repeat itself in ukraine now

and maybe Taiwan next

I believe putin can be forced to withdraw without western military intervention through strong and united economic and political pressure

but it wont happen overnight

as to Taiwan I’m not as confident

china is a much bigger bully to deal with and force may be needed to stop them

O'rly? You read the bill and saw that this RECORD SPENDING was not much in the way of new spending?

You are making shit up.

Or do you think increasing defense spending is not new spending? And you're okay if we spend more so long as we are just increasing spending on the same old shit?

Interesting.

How can any conservative support $4.75 trillion of spending? How can any conservative remain silent while Trump adds $8 trillion to the debt in half the time it took Obama?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Unlike you, when anyone on either team spends too much, I say something about it.
You're weaseling, asshole. If I had my way we could cut our spending to 5% of GDP. I've said so many times. I actually opposed that spending bill you're whining about. However, now we're discussing the spending bill the Democrats are proposing. Only an insane prog would support this boondoggle. It's all new spending that we don't need. Instead of "Build Back Better" Biden should call it "Bankrupt Bankrupt Bankrupt."

Since you're such a big hawk on deficit spending, why aren't you opposing it?

You may pay more tax if your free shit is taken from you, but the guy you're stealing from will pay less. How unfair!

Thanks a lot, asshole!
I favor a flat tax instead of a progressive tax

everyone should pay the same tax rate on every dollar of income from poorest to richest

Yes you do. Every deduction, exemption, and credit is a government gift which is paid for by stealing from everyone else with higher tax rates and borrowing from China and other countries.
Wrong. So-called "tax expenditures" are not spending. If your so hot to eliminate them, then knock yourself out. However, not unless you adjust the rates to be revenue neutral. If you refuse to do the later, then you are only trying to raise taxes.

You aren't fooling anyone.

As I said, you may pay more taxes if your free shit is taken away. But the people you are stealing from will pay less.

How unfair! People earning identical incomes will pay identical taxes at a rate lower than today's tax rates! I'm so evil!

The only fool is you. You are a thief, too.

Fine. Just adjust the rates to be revenue neutral. Why do you object to that?

You're weaseling, asshole. If I had my way we could cut our spending to 5% of GDP. I've said so many times. I actually opposed that spending bill you're whining about. However, now we're discussing the spending bill the Democrats are proposing. Only an insane prog would support this boondoggle. It's all new spending that we don't need. Instead of "Build Back Better" Biden should call it "Bankrupt Bankrupt Bankrupt."

Since you're such a big hawk on deficit spending, why aren't you opposing it?
they raised the prices on all goods by increasing gasoline prices, they won't be finished until they get all of the money.

History is attempting to repeat itself in ukraine now

and maybe Taiwan next

I believe putin can be forced to withdraw without western military intervention throgh strong and united economic and political pressure

as to Taiwan I’m not as confident

china is a much bigger bully to deal with and force may be needed to stop them
There's a factual reason Ukraine and Taiwan are not similar. Taiwan was actually "settled" by chinese fisherman hundreds of years ago. The only reason there's any separation is Chiang Kai-shek made his final stand on Taiwan.

Ukraine was an entity of sorts before Russia, and has been a free state, and then an occupied state for centuries. It's only connection to Russia - beyond some genetic identity predating either state and actually going to the Vikings - is it was a vassal state. The original Rus state actually had Kiev as the capital. Moscow had wolves and bears. (-:

Today's Taiwan is vastly more democratic that Chiang Kai-shek left it. Maybe the best the West can do is give fast track to any citizen of Taiwan who wants to immigrate. Of course, the nativists here would oppose that. They'd be wrong, because it would actually help the US, but ....

I favor a flat tax instead of a progressive tax

everyone should pay the same tax rate on every dollar of income from poorest to richest
Ultimately that leads to oligarchy, but I could see a flat tax with some form of estate tax requiring the very very wealthy to leave money to "foundations" that employ their children to support Masterpiece Theatre and art museums (-:

In Miss, we may ditch the income tax ... which would ultimately disadvantage the poor, but hell, a third of the state's on food stamps. Since I don't drive much and am an empty nester .... I'm for it.

There's a factual reason Ukraine and Taiwan are not similar. Taiwan was actually "settled" by chinese fisherman hundreds of years ago. The only reason there's any separation is Chiang Kai-shek made his final stand on Taiwan.

Ukraine was an entity of sorts before Russia, and has been a free state, and then an occupied state for centuries. It's only connection to Russia - beyond some genetic identity predating either state and actually going to the Vikings - is it was a vassal state. The original Rus state actually had Kiev as the capital. Moscow had wolves and bears. (-:

Today's Taiwan is vastly more democratic that Chiang Kai-shek left it. Maybe the best the West can do is give fast track to any citizen of Taiwan who wants to immigrate. Of course, the nativists here would oppose that. They'd be wrong, because it would actually help the US, but ....
Communist china has never ruled over Taiwan

at various times it has been independent as well as a province of japan.

the Taiwanese are not chinese any more than vietnamese or koreans are even though they may look similar

the nationalist chinese who fled to Taiwan have made their peace with the native inhabitants and in free and fair elections the people of Taiwan have affirmed that they do not want to be part of china

but there is more at stake than merely Taiwan

china wants to grab the entire south china sea and make vassal states of every country in the region

there is no better place to stop them in the Taiwan Straights

Scott is right, even if it's just a 100.00 everyone should have skin in the game.

Only around 50% of the country today has a net positive tax liability and those feeding most off of the system pay little to nothing in federal income taxes.

Millions today have in fact a net negative tax liability thanks to "refundable tax credits".
But those low earners still pay payroll taxes.

Communist china has never ruled over Taiwan

at various times it has been independent as well as a province of japan.

the Taiwanese are not chinese any more than vietnamese or koreans are even though they may look similar

the nationalist chinese who fled to Taiwan have made their peace with the native inhabitants and in free and fair elections the people of Taiwan have affirmed that they do not want to be part of china

but there is more at stake than merely Taiwan

china wants to grab the entire south china sea and make vassal states of every country in the region

there is no better place to stop them in the Taiwan Straights
communist china has not ruled taiwan. But I think Taiwan was originally settled by people from china. It was part of china for centuries before Japan "acquired" it in the war of 1894. Essentially, Taiwan's claim was (and maybe still is) that of the "rightful" govt of China. It is a remnant of a civil war.

There's no factual analogy to Ukraine.

Hopefully, China will leave the issue alone until it's econ power just dwarfs taiwan. In 1948 there were similarities in both govts. Today Taiwan is possibly a "more perfect" democratic republic than the US. Probably less diverse, which would help.

Taiwan was originally settled by people from china.
You could say the same about all the people in south east and north east asia

including the japanese

you are using ancient history while I am relating the situation now

Essentially, Taiwan's claim was (and maybe still is) that of the "rightful" govt of China. It is a remnant of a civil war.
Thats what the commies are clinging to

the chang kai shek nationalists clung to the claim that there was only one china

but those old warriors are dead and modern Taiwanse do not want to be part of china

xi’s greatest fear is that Taiwan will declare its independence

The point of the post is to unfairly portray a popular republican senator in a negative way. The ironic thing is that he would be cheered if he was a democrat. Look forward to this cheap shit for the next nine months until republicans gain the majority in congress.
Here you go if you can stomach it. Scott has his plan on his website. McConnell is bashing Scott for doing so.
McConnell doesn't like someone else to do his work by blabbing their plans.

The Not-So-Secret Republican Plan to Raise Taxes

By Matthew Yglesias | Bloomberg

"Ever since the 2018 midterm elections, Republicans have done a very good job of not describing their vision for the country. Instead, they have kept their focus on the culture wars and which progressive ideas they’ll try to block."

"That’s in part the legacy of former President Donald Trump’s personality-focused politics. But it’s also a habit that extends deep into the Republican establishment, with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell saying in December that he had no plans to release a legislative agenda in advance of the midterms. McConnell is a shrewd thinker, but the fact that a group of people won’t tell you how they plan to govern doesn’t mean they have no plans — it just means they see public discussion of their plans as counterproductive.
Last week Senator Rick Scott of Florida, the head of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, let the cat out of the bag with the release of an 11-step “Plan to Rescue America.” It packs plenty of lib-owning and culture-war trolling into its 30-plus pages — and it also reveals a clear aspiration to immiserate the majority of the country in pursuit of a hard-right economic agenda."

"Perhaps its most obvious blunder is a clarion call to raise taxes on millions of low-income Americans. “All Americans should pay some income tax to have skin in the game, even if a small amount,” it says. “Currently over half of Americans pay no income tax.”

"This idea that non-rich Americans are undertaxed is a long-held belief of the Republican donor class — recall Mitt Romney telling a crowd of donors in 2012 about his problems with the 47% of Americans who pay no income tax — but it makes very little sense on the merits."

"For starters, the U.S. levies two different taxes on income, one of which is called an income tax and the other of which is called a payroll tax. The way these taxes are structured, people with low earnings pay a payroll tax on their income but not an income tax on their income. This is something of a semantic oddity, but the fact remains: People who earn income are paying a progressive tax on that income, which is how it should be."

Forum List

Back