Republicans propose declaring Idaho a 'Christian state'

Are they also planning to rewrite the Constitution?

Anyone who says RWs "love" the US hasn't been paying attention.
Says the Obama fluffer.
Says the Cruz fluffer.
Cruz? You're really not that ignorant? Are you?
Not as ignorant as you by far. :lol:
I'm not the one polishing Obama's pole daily. You are, which proves my point well.

"Republican Party candidates like to say that America is a Christian nation. It turns out most Republicans are willing to make that official.

Fifty-seven percent of Republicans support establishing Christianity as the national religion of the United States, according to a new Public Policy Polling survey. Thirty percent oppose the idea while 13 percent are not sure.

One little problem: Establishing a national religion would violate the First Amendment to the Constitution. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion," etc., etc. So three-fourths of the states would have to agree to amend the Constitution."
An Officially Christian America Sounds Just Right To Most Republicans

Well boys, that would make you the equivalent of ISIS, nothing like the Founders, exactly as we said. You want Jesusland and God help us if you ever get it.

Don't get your clown panties in a bunch lefties. It's not going to hurt you. There are no laws or rules. It's only a statement.
Imagine the meltdown from you if they declared it was a Muslim state.
Meltdown. Definitely.

We're talking apoplectic, foaming at the mouth, clothes tearing, shit fit.

And AT LEAST a hundred threads on this forum.

Are they also planning to rewrite the Constitution?

Anyone who says RWs "love" the US hasn't been paying attention.
Says the Obama fluffer.
Says the Cruz fluffer.
Cruz? You're really not that ignorant? Are you?
Not as ignorant as you by far. :lol:

As a Idahoan
I hope they make me the head of state. I would destroy all those statues erected to that stoopid horse called the bronco, burn their sweatshirts, banners, etc.
Then I would make the Y the official state symbol and bow down to the Cougar (of BYU)

".....guided by a Judeo-Christian faith reflected in the U.S. Declaration of Independence where all authority and power is attributed to God"

Imo the term "Creator" is too ambiguous to be claimed by any particular religion.

But on the other hand it is just a non-binding resolution, so no biggie.

This is exactly why the Founders left England now the con dropouts want to initiate it themselves :eusa_eh: :eusa_doh:

Last edited:
Establishing Christianity as the national religion is certainly not something any thinking person should support, but it takes a special kind of stupid to draw any equivalence to ISIS.

These people are out there beheading children, are they?

And 67.3% of Democrats I interviewed over coffee this morning want anyone not on welfare to pay 76.3% of their income in tax each year. But only 53.3% were in favor of a 10% wealth tax.

That consistent .3%? One very short guy who talks real loud.

Establishing Christianity as the national religion is certainly not something any thinking person should support, but it takes a special kind of stupid to draw any equivalence to ISIS.

These people are out there beheading children, are they?
Same mentality. Trying to prove that their God is the only one. It's not the actions, it's the "thinking", and I use the term very loosely.

This is exactly why the Founders left England now the con dropouts want to initiate it themselves :eusa_eh: :eusa_doh:
That's because they are uneducated morons like we always said, this isn't their nation, and they should no longer be here. If you aren't a liberal then you are un-American, like those wanting to make Christianity the National Religion, which is forbidden here in the Founding Liberal Constitution.

Huffington Post.

Liberals are thrashing around like a wounded bull. What they really need to do is move beyond propaganda into action.

Maybe when they lose in 2016.

[..........like those wanting to make Christianity the National Religion, which is forbidden here in the Founding Liberal Constitution.

Touching, this new-found belief in The U.S. Constitution. You were speaking of the U.S. Constitution, right?

Perhaps you oughta see a doctor before this belief spreads and you start thinking about the rest of the document for which you have expressed so much hate and scorn over the years....

As little love I as I have for the Christian Right, I still say anybody who can seriously try to compare them to the Taliban doesn't know shit about the actual Taliban or what they've done to Afghanistan. If you really think that Westboro Baptist picketing funerals is equivalent to them, then please. Please go to Kandahar and tell people you're an American. You'll meet the actual Taliban soon enough.

That's because they are uneducated morons like we always said, this isn't their nation, and they should no longer be here. If you aren't a liberal then you are un-American, like those wanting to make Christianity the National Religion, which is forbidden here in the Founding Liberal Constitution.
. If you aren't a liberal then you are un-American,
Yet you are just what you bitch about,its the thinking stupid !!!!???
You couldn't be more of a hypocrite,if you tried.
Crawl back under your rock

You can say this is a Christian nation, and I can disagree with you, but neither are actions of the government. We're talking about the government of Idaho declaring that it is a Christian state, and that the laws and government are built upon Christianity. So what effect does such an act of the legislature have? Does it have no effect? If so, then the resolution itself is a lie. Is it even possible for a state legislature to pass a resolution under such circumstances as would instantly render the same a lie?
Well when over three quarters of a population claims to Christian that makes it culturally Christian. To deny the Christian heritage is just silly. Many court houses today have the 10 commandments or Christian writings on the somewhere. Many of our national monuments. The president swears in on a Bible, not the Koran, not Marx's Manifesto or Evolution of the Species.

As little love I as I have for the Christian Right, I still say anybody who can seriously try to compare them to the Taliban doesn't know shit about the actual Taliban or what they've done to Afghanistan. If you really think that Westboro Baptist picketing funerals is equivalent to them, then please. Please go to Kandahar and tell people you're an American. You'll meet the actual Taliban soon enough.
Oh yeah? Well thats just your opinion man

BTW- welcome to the forum n00b :)

Edgetho missed the point as he tap danced right across it. Yes, Idaho can make such a law until SCOTUS decides if it cannot.

Edge, you are no sort of Constitutional expert, except the worst kind of ideologue that puts belief in front of critical thinking.

It isn't"making a law".

It is (as the article states) a "symbolic" gesture.

BTW- welcome to the forum n00b :)
Afghan midwife murdered for spreading birth control is just one example, because you apparently don't know fuck all about the group we've been at war with for almost 15 years. I'll be setting you to ignore btw. Nothing personal. I've done that with almost all of the clown people so far. I just can't seriously consider that someone that immature could say anything worth reading. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back