Rep. Pascrell Jr. Seeks To Disbar giuliani And 22 Other trump Lawyers

However since we don't elect presidents by county, and elect them by state, then the state has to be uniform on how ballots are processed.

that argument was rejected by the en-banc of the 9th circuit court, based on there being no actual legal remedy to require uniform "equal protection" throughout a state.

They also relied on Bush v Gore, which limited the equal protection requirement to the "facts of this case"

Which is why it needs to be heard by the Supreme Court. Everybody knows the 9th is a joke, and just about an extension of the Democrat party.

Funny how you guys support twitter banning people all of a sudden. It was some great crime before that required Dorsey to testify before a furious little Teddy Cruz, what a few weeks ago?

Wait until January 20th, when Trumps twitter account will be subject to banning, just like any other private citizen.

I don't know if anything will come of this but I agree with what he is doing.

giulini and other lawyers have been doing a lot of damage to our nation, election system and democracy.

Lawyers shouldn't be allowed to lie so blatantly and spread conspiracies.

They deserve to be disbarred.

Maybe we should threaten to destroy or harm them. Especially loved ones. Or have we?

I don't support Trump's attempt to disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of voters.

Correct, but you do support it when it's Trump voters who were disenfranchised. What Trump team is asking is that only legal votes count and those processed the way identified in state law. That's not disenfranchising anybody.

I don't support Trump's attempt to disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of voters.

Trump isn't looking for additional votes. He's trying to take legal votes away from Biden. Such as their attempt to throw out all the absentee ballots in Pennsylvania, or all the votes in Wayne county MI (Detroit).

Correct, but you do support it when it's Trump voters who were disenfranchised. What Trump team is asking is that only legal votes count and those processed the way identified in state law. That's not disenfranchising anybody.
I've not advocated anyone be disenfranchised. You're mistaken.

Trump knows full well his motions are asking to take away the votes of perfectly legitimate voters.

that argument was rejected by the en-banc of the 9th circuit court, based on there being no actual legal remedy to require uniform "equal protection" throughout a state.

They also relied on Bush v Gore, which limited the equal protection requirement to the "facts of this case"
Which is why it needs to be heard by the Supreme Court. Everybody knows the 9th is a joke, and just about an extension of the Democrat party.
The supreme court is ashamed of Bush v Gore, which is why they put the unique "the facts of this case" caveat on it. It will always be remembered as a political decision.

What's the difference between a judge ordering the polls to stay open longer because a voting machine broke down, and a judge ordering the absentee ballots stay open longer because the postal system broke down?

Both are a breakdown of the system beyond the control of the voter, that was remedied by giving extra time to make up for it. Time that goess beyond what is written in law.

Why can they change one, and not the other.

I never said they could. But if one judge does, then it takes somebody to challenge that decision in court. Apparently nobody did that. And again, you're talking about extending hours vs extending days.

There was nothing wrong with the postal service. You can't tell me people who mailed in their ballot a week or more before the election never had it delivered on time.

Actually it is. Trump is looking to throw out ballots filled in with the wrong color ink, or with extraneous markings (doodles) on the ballots. Any defect, no matter how small, Trump wants them to disenfranchise the voter for it.

The supreme court is ashamed of Bush v Gore, which is why they put the unique "the facts of this case" caveat on it. It will always be remembered as a political decision.

It was not a political decision. The state federal judge said, this is my buddy Al Gore, therefore screw the state laws. Al gets to take all the time he wants. When it got to the SC, they sent the decision back asking for an explanation. The state judge knew he was wrong and got busted, so he never returned a reply to the SC.

And again, you're talking about extending hours vs extending days.

You miss one important point. In one case the voters who cast ballots after the rest of the state closes, gets to listen to the news about early election returns. It could sway their vote knowing how the election is going.

The absentee ballots have no such foreknowledge. Their vote is in the mail before the polls even open, and all they're doing is giving the post office, which has been doing a slow self destruct of delivery standards, the time to get the delayed mail delivered in time to be counted.

Actually it is. Trump is looking to throw out ballots filled in with the wrong color ink, or with extraneous markings (doodles) on the ballots. Any defect, no matter how small, Trump wants them to disenfranchise the voter for it.

Trump's legal team never asked that. The ballots that had no reasonable oversight should be recounted. Ballots that were not at the election after election day should not be counted. Ballots where the signatures were not verified should not be counted. People came to the polls only to be denied voting because somebody else mailed in a ballot with their name, those should be thrown out.

And again, you're talking about extending hours vs extending days.

You miss one important point. In one case the voters who cast ballots after the rest of the state closes, gets to listen to the news about early election returns. It could sway their vote knowing how the election is going.

The absentee ballots have no such foreknowledge. Their vote is in the mail before the polls even open, and all they're doing is giving the post office, which has been doing a slow self destruct of delivery standards, the time to get the delayed mail delivered in time to be counted.

Then you make sure you mail it early enough so you know it's delivered. You can't wait until Monday to mail your ballot, and then demand days should be extended because it might not get there the next day. I know my ballot counted. How? I got my lazy ass off the chair, went to the polls and voted in person. Mind you I'm a person with several medical conditions considered dangerous or deadly if I get Covid. If I can get to the polls, anybody can.

There was nothing wrong with the postal service. You can't tell me people who mailed in their ballot a week or more before the election never had it delivered on time.

I 've seen mail postmarked a week or more earlier, destined to all parts of the country, still undelivered on election day.

Trump's legal team never asked that. The ballots that had no reasonable oversight should be recounted. Ballots that were not at the election after election day should not be counted. Ballots where the signatures were not verified should not be counted. People came to the polls only to be denied voting because somebody else mailed in a ballot with their name, those should be thrown out.
A lot of these are very relative things. Judges haven't accepted Trump's definition of "reasonable oversight". As for signature verification, that too is highly subjective and is far more likely to disenfranchise a legitimate voter than to find actual voter fraud.

If a voter did nothing wrong, their vote should count unless proven otherwise.

However since we don't elect presidents by county, and elect them by state, then the state has to be uniform on how ballots are processed.

LOLOL

So because Impeached Trump keeps losing in court, you think the only remedy for him should be the court where he placed ⅓ of the justices.

giulini and other lawyers have been doing a lot of damage to our nation, election system and democracy.

So Americans are no longer allowed to bring up lawsuits or potential lawsuits. I don't agree with Giuliani and all the lawsuits, however lawmakers should not have the authority to disbar attorneys because of politics.

What a crock of shit. The "list" mentality is already starting. By that same logic, all of the lawyers and politicians who said Christine Baisely Ford was raped by Brett Kavanaugh need to be disbarred and/or censored for the conspiracies they put forward and spread.

I would go a step further. As in those counties where they attempted to contact the voter to correct any errors or omissions on his outer envelope.

If a person checks, or "x"'s his ballot, instead of filling in the circle with black or blue pen, or uses a pencil
would have his ballot thrown out.

I would go a step further. As in those counties where they attempted to contact the voter to correct any errors or omissions on his outer envelope.

If a person checks, or "x"'s his ballot, instead of filling in the circle with black or blue pen, or uses a pencil
would have his ballot thrown out.

I don't know how it is in other places, but over here they provide you with a black pen. Usually it's chained to the table, but this year they handed you the pen and told you to keep it.

Forum List

Back