Rep. Justin Amash Leaves Republican Party

ME: I love Trump more and more every day. This swamp rat Amash leaves the GOP and Trump rightly celebrates it. No other POTUS would have the balls to do that. God bless Donald Trump!!

Rep. Justin Amash announces he is leaving GOP; Trump calls it 'great news'
LINK :: Rep. Justin Amash announces he is leaving GOP; Trump calls it 'great news'

Michigan Rep. Justin Amash announced Thursday that he is leaving the Republican Party, saying he is disenchanted and “frightened” by party politics -- a move that was quickly described as "great news" by President Trump.......

......"Great news for the Republican Party as one of the dumbest & most disloyal men in Congress is 'quitting' the Party," Trump tweeted. "No Collusion, No Obstruction! Knew he couldn’t get the nomination to run again in the Great State of Michigan. Already being challenged for his seat. A total loser!"

5-22-18-trump.jpg

ME: I love Trump more and more every day. This swamp rat Amash leaves the GOP and Trump rightly celebrates it. No other POTUS would have the balls to do that. God bless Donald Trump!!

LINK :: Rep. Justin Amash announces he is leaving GOP; Trump calls it 'great news'

Michigan Rep. Justin Amash announced Thursday that he is leaving the Republican Party, saying he is disenchanted and “frightened” by party politics -- a move that was quickly described as "great news" by President Trump.......

......"Great news for the Republican Party as one of the dumbest & most disloyal men in Congress is 'quitting' the Party," Trump tweeted. "No Collusion, No Obstruction! Knew he couldn’t get the nomination to run again in the Great State of Michigan. Already being challenged for his seat. A total loser!"

5-22-18-trump.jpg

who ever said the GOP was a good thing???

they hold the highest debt created by any house and violated the constitution almost as much as democrats, and are only second to the worst political party this country has ever seen,,,

I'd say he was worried about his soul and got out while he still had one,,,

He will not be reelected anyway, most certainly not in conservative West Michigan.

Bye.

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) on Thursday announced he's leaving the Republican Party and becoming an independent, months after igniting a political firestorm after becoming the first sitting GOP congressman to call for an impeachment inquiry against President Trump.

"Today, I am declaring my independence and leaving the Republican Party," Amash wrote in a Fourth of July op-ed for the Washington Post. "No matter your circumstance, I’m asking you to join me in rejecting the partisan loyalties and rhetoric that divide and dehumanize us. I’m asking you to believe that we can do better than this two-party system — and to work toward it. If we continue to take America for granted, we will lose it."

Amash quits Republican Party

Excellent. Everyone should quit those slavish puppet shows and go independent.

Let me correct your last statement. It doesn't take "balls" to be thin skinned, petty, or vindictive. That's what Trump's attack is. And that's why no other POTUS, would ever have behaved in such a childish and disrespectful manner.

Your cartoon is a total fallacy. Trump has admitted to bribing politicians to go against the people's interests in his construction business, and he bribed two States' AG's to keep them from suing him for fraud. Trump was one of the original contractors on the construction of the swamp, and he's filled his cabinet with the entire lobbyist/pay for play/oil industry/defence dept. contractors.

The results has been the most corrupt Administration in US History:

The Turnover at the Top of the Trump Administration

Every time one you lying pieces of shit posts an easily proveable lie about Trump draining the Swamp, we have thousands of articles about Scott Pruitt, Betsy DeVos (and her whole dishonest family), the list of Defense Department Contractors who have accepted positions in both cabinet and within the Defense Department Executive.

Trump makes a big deal about having signed legislation to keep government officials from becoming lobbyists after they leave office, but makes no mention of the steady string of lobbyists being hired by the Trump Administration.

Former government officials getting jobs with lobbyists is not necessarily a bad thing, in that they know how to navigate government paperwork. However if they're trading on past relationships with former co-workers to gain favours to get untendered contracts, or other favours.

I have friends who went from working as adjudicators for the local rent control tribunals, to a lucrative consulting career with landlords looking for rent increases. Their success had to do with their ability to tell clients how to successfully present their cases to the Tribunal, and what they would need to do in order to prove their cases. Often landlords have a reasonable case at the core of their application, but they throw in a lot of stuff they're not going to get resulting in return trips to the Tribunal, and the addition legal and hearing fees that could be avoided with a clean concise application on the first try.

Trump's legislation would prevent my friend from acting on behalf of landlords in the rent increase cases, but would not prevent Trump from appointing the owner of the worst slums in America as his HUD Secretary.

Last edited:
Good for Amash. I would’ve rather see him switch to libertarian, but independent will do. Everything he wrote is exactly correct

He will not be reelected anyway, most certainly not in conservative West Michigan.

Bye.

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) on Thursday announced he's leaving the Republican Party and becoming an independent, months after igniting a political firestorm after becoming the first sitting GOP congressman to call for an impeachment inquiry against President Trump.

"Today, I am declaring my independence and leaving the Republican Party," Amash wrote in a Fourth of July op-ed for the Washington Post. "No matter your circumstance, I’m asking you to join me in rejecting the partisan loyalties and rhetoric that divide and dehumanize us. I’m asking you to believe that we can do better than this two-party system — and to work toward it. If we continue to take America for granted, we will lose it."

He is joining the mass exodus from the Republican Party by educated voters. There is plenty of room. If he can't get elected in western Michigan then western Michigan is not conservative but fake conservative. Real conservatives do not support Trump. It is nice to see a politician that has a backbone. The Republican Party gets trashier every day as class like Amish leave.
It’s not partisan. Both parties suck, but I suspect you don’t know that.

There was a time when the GOP was the party of T Roosevelt and Eisenhower. Even Goldwater was not as reactionary as the party has become. It speaks volumes when conservatives are getting denigrated for not being Trump myrmidons.

Bye.

He is joining the mass exodus from the Republican Party by educated voters. There is plenty of room. If he can't get elected in western Michigan then western Michigan is not conservative but fake conservative. Real conservatives do not support Trump. It is nice to see a politician that has a backbone. The Republican Party gets trashier every day as class like Amish leave.
If the D Party is so great, why didn’t Amash join it?

He's (apparently) a Man of Conscience... I seriously doubt he'll be missed by today's TrumpCult Republican Party.

Bye.

If the D Party is so great, why didn’t Amash join it?

Why is it necessary to "join" ANY party?

“The two-party system has evolved into an existential threat to American principles and institutions.”

“the consolidation of political power and near disintegration of representative democracy.”

party leaders distract and divide the public by exploiting wedge issues and waging pointless messaging wars,”

Regardless of one's personal opinion of Rep. Amash, he made some valid points.

Forum List

Back