Rep. Justin Amash Leaves Republican Party

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
He will not be reelected anyway, most certainly not in conservative West Michigan.

Bye.

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) on Thursday announced he's leaving the Republican Party and becoming an independent, months after igniting a political firestorm after becoming the first sitting GOP congressman to call for an impeachment inquiry against President Trump.

"Today, I am declaring my independence and leaving the Republican Party," Amash wrote in a Fourth of July op-ed for the Washington Post. "No matter your circumstance, I’m asking you to join me in rejecting the partisan loyalties and rhetoric that divide and dehumanize us. I’m asking you to believe that we can do better than this two-party system — and to work toward it. If we continue to take America for granted, we will lose it."

Amash quits Republican Party

The chameleon finally shows his true colors!

Justin Amash pictured below
rsz_chameleon-03-770x405.jpg

He is just being honest , something you gop-hers have lost. Honesty as well as all other virtues of what makes someone dignified you have flushed down the toilet with your shit.

He is just being honest , something you gop-hers have lost. Honesty as well as all other virtues of what makes someone dignified you have flushed down the toilet with your shit.

Oooooo. ALL OTHER VIRTUES

SO what are you going to do to us, Jackboots???

Oooooo. ALL OTHER VIRTUES

SO what are you going to do to us, Jackboots???

I am not going to respect you. Yes I use to wear military boots.

Honey you don't have to respect me but you sure enough do have to respect my FREEDOMS. And hear me now. Those Jackboots will NEVER be on my throat.

Have a nice day now

He gets my vote.

You're in west MI then? In the Grand Rapids area? Because that's where you can vote for him.
Yes. I have voted for him all along and assisted his campaigns. We need more politicians who put country above party.

No doubt the Rs will do all they can to beat him and install another elitist yes man.

He will not be reelected anyway, most certainly not in conservative West Michigan.

Bye.

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) on Thursday announced he's leaving the Republican Party and becoming an independent, months after igniting a political firestorm after becoming the first sitting GOP congressman to call for an impeachment inquiry against President Trump.

"Today, I am declaring my independence and leaving the Republican Party," Amash wrote in a Fourth of July op-ed for the Washington Post. "No matter your circumstance, I’m asking you to join me in rejecting the partisan loyalties and rhetoric that divide and dehumanize us. I’m asking you to believe that we can do better than this two-party system — and to work toward it. If we continue to take America for granted, we will lose it."

I think it was really the other way around, the Repub party left him.

Bye.

I think it was really the other way around, the Repub party left him.

IMO he got wrapped up in DC and forgot entirely his constituents. He might have had an eager reception for his views in the Bubble but he forgot the mile-long line to see President Trump in Grand Rapids. Either that or he just didn't care anymore.

/---/ If he's "just being honest" why did he run as a Republican in the first place? Wasn’t that being dishonest?

Last edited:
He was just being honest. SweetSue92 obviously you did not read the Mueller report.

Last edited:
He was just being honest. SweetSue92 obviously did not read the Mueller report.

You mean the report that stated there was no collusion and not enough evidence to draw a conclusion regarding obstruction(translation - innocent) to a crime that never actually took place. Is that the Mueller report to which you are referring?

You mean the report that stated there was no collusion and not enough evidence to draw a conclusion regarding obstruction(translation - innocent) to a crime that never actually took place. Is that the Mueller report to which you are referring?

I left out the "you" in the above. Obviously she didn't read the Mueller report as there is collusion and obstruction in it committed by tramp and his campaign.

Bye.

He is joining the mass exodus from the Republican Party by educated voters. There is plenty of room. If he can't get elected in western Michigan then western Michigan is not conservative but fake conservative. Real conservatives do not support Trump. It is nice to see a politician that has a backbone. The Republican Party gets trashier every day as class like Amish leave.

I left out the "you" in the above. Obviously she didn't read the Mueller report as there is collusion and obstruction in it committed by tramp and his campaign.
Fake news, deranged poster.

Forum List

Back