Reducing partisan venom

Seems like a purposefully shallow way of defining the electorate's views.

What precisely does left mean? What does right mean? What does center mean?

Respectfully speaking, it appears to me that these are just cookie-cutter labels people accept to avoid having to think things through or to demonstrate that they have even the slightest understanding of the critical issues, much less the aptitude to discuss them.

If you look at 90% of the postings out in the wild west of the web, places like this, it's all regurgitation. Same thing you hear on the idiot box, word for word.

So, again. What do these labels mean precisely?

Seems to me they donlt serve much of any purpose unless one is an oligarch labeling his game pieces.

Thanks!
Labels are shortcuts to understanding so you don’t have to list out everything you believe. I don’t mind them. You see some people saying they are socially liberal but fiscally conservative. You kind of get an idea of them without everyone posting their full platform.

Labels are shortcuts to understanding so you don’t have to list out everything you believe. I don’t mind them. You see some people saying they are socially liberal but fiscally conservative. You kind of get an idea of them without everyone posting their full platform.

Seems to me that shortcuts are why so many people are confused.

But whatever.

What does socially liberal mean?

What does fiscally conservative mean?

Reason I ask is because technically speaking, liberalism is conservatism but now they say liberal to distiinguish between conservative. Except they're both printing us into the poor house. And neither seem to hold a high regard for the proper role of government. Constitutionally speaking.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with being partisan. We are all partisan in one way or another. That's what makes the world go round. The degree of venom is what counts.

Seems to me that shortcuts are why so many people are confused.

But whatever.

What does socially liberal mean?

What does fiscally conservative mean?

Reason I ask is because technically speaking, liberalism is conservatism but now they say liberal to distiinguish between conservative. Except they're both printing us into the poor house. And neither seem to hold a high regard for the proper role of government. Constitutionally speaking.
What’s the answer then?

I am going to eliminate the partisan venom from my posts as suggested below by Biden.

You can do that regardless of who suggests it. The whole act of spewing venom on your part was a decision you made. Biden didn't make it for you. You can stop any time you want. You don't need to be handheld by some dementia-ridden old man.

Being such an egregious partisan is not a choice one makes due to a suggestion from someone else.

Tell him to open back up the pipeline and become self dependent on oil and I'll consider it
The pipeline phase 4 that was 8% built and wasn’t open? That one? What percent of our daily usage was it going to add? I’ll give you a hint. It’s a single digit percent.

The pipeline phase 4 that was 8% built and wasn’t open? That one? What percent of our daily usage was it going to add? I’ll give you a hint. It’s a single digit percent.
the ones he shut down and now we're buying russian barrels.

You just changed subjects!
So what's the F'in question nitwit?
Partisan venom or overspending??
He asked me to define all the nuances of labels. That’s why labels exist. A shortcut. I’m not gonna explain them all. But if you want to start every conversation off with a list of your briefs. Go ahead.

No idea what you are asking with your question.

why didn't you answer his question and instead ask him one? that's a deflection, noted by all.
Answered above. He asked me to define a few labels. That’s what labels are for. Easily googled.

Oil For Thee, But Not for Me​

For an administration that seems to miss no opportunity to free up the flow of oil and gas to help American adversaries, it is a strange paradox that it misses no chance to strangle the flow of fuel to American citizens. After taking the oath of office in January, the new president immediately killed the Keystone XL pipeline, eliminating 35 million gallons of crude oil capacity from Canada and 11,000 American jobs (more than $2 billion of payroll)

Answered above. He asked me to define a few labels. That’s what labels are for. Easily googled.
how can that be since his question was before you responded? too funny

You're response should have been see the few labels above. but you didn't do that.

Forum List

Back