Reducing partisan venom

Biden isn’t slipping badly
? What context are you referring to? Surely you aren't saying the man ISN'T mentally slow and failing? I cannot imagine what our jeopardy would be if Xi or Putin decided to strike while our upper echelon of leadership was so obviously divided. Would you trust Biden to play a game of brinksmanship with either of those two?

Imagine Xi decides to attack Taiwan and Biden decides to honor our treaty with them (not a foregone conclusion, BTW). When Xi begins to lose that fight - and he WOULD - if he chose to threaten the use of nukes against our mainland, what do you think Biden would do? I refuse to be part of any fantasy narrative of Joe Biden being the real leader in DC today. It is almost CERTAIN that a small group of unknowns are acting as a Politburo for party initiatives and Obama is the deciding vote or veto holder over those decisions. IF that's in any way accurate, Xi and Putin understand the situation far better than any average American.

Can you imagine any BETTER TIME for our enemies to strike us? I can't, but I don't count, I'm just one of the tens of millions of Americans who would die as a result of these political power games. IMO, America is in greater danger of collapse or defeat than at any time in our history and that jeopardy is being generated from within.

Let's see...
In order to have peace both sides have to give up something...(and it's going to hurt)
For the Left....give up Critical Race theory...it's blatant Marxism and you really don't want to have anything to do with Hitler anyway. He really was a racist bastard. (In every sense of the word)

Then for the Right...stop with the anti-mask and antivaxxer crap...it's all hooey anyway. We need a healthy workforce. Vaccines are not bad for people...the fear of them is.
And wearing masks? Please! Looking at your ugly faces is punishment enough. Nobody is forced to take medical treatment here in America and we aren't starting that crap today despite the Left wanting to impose Marxism. (They were never seriously considering it...they been using those idiots the whole time anyway) and besides...it was a financially beneficial deal made by Trump that created these vaccines to begin with....they are Trump's vaccines. Biden had nothing to do with them other than try to take credit for them.

Now see?

Everyone loses something and peace can begin. And if you want to be angry...be angry at your own party for promoting the nonsense.

Let's see...
In order to have peace both sides have to give up something...(and it's going to hurt)
For the Left....give up Critical Race theory...it's blatant Marxism and you really don't want to have anything to do with Hitler anyway. He really was a racist bastard. (In every sense of the word)

Then for the Right...stop with the anti-mask and antivaxxer crap...it's all hooey anyway. We need a healthy workforce. Vaccines are not bad for people...the fear of them is.
And wearing masks? Please! Looking at your ugly faces is punishment enough. Nobody is forced to take medical treatment here in America and we aren't starting that crap today despite the Left wanting to impose Marxism. (They were never seriously considering it...they been using those idiots the whole time anyway) and besides...it was a financially beneficial deal made by Trump that created these vaccines to begin with....they are Trump's vaccines. Biden had nothing to do with them other than try to take credit for them.

Now see?

Everyone loses something and peace can begin. And if you want to be angry...be angry at your own party for promoting the nonsense.
I like the creativity attempt to bridge. I’m not sure the ugly face righty comments ease the venom but, hey, baby steps.

I like the creativity attempt to bridge. I’m not sure the ugly face righty comments ease the venom but, hey, baby steps.
I'm truly a-political...
I can slam both sides of the aisle with ease...
I'm an equal opportunity insulter....kinda like the French and Austrians.
It used to be a bad word to call someone a politician. It was once synonymous with "liar who gives false, shallow flattery".

But then again....I'm an almost old guy too.
Times have changed.

? What context are you referring to? Surely you aren't saying the man ISN'T mentally slow and failing? I cannot imagine what our jeopardy would be if Xi or Putin decided to strike while our upper echelon of leadership was so obviously divided. Would you trust Biden to play a game of brinksmanship with either of those two?

Imagine Xi decides to attack Taiwan and Biden decides to honor our treaty with them (not a foregone conclusion, BTW). When Xi begins to lose that fight - and he WOULD - if he chose to threaten the use of nukes against our mainland, what do you think Biden would do? I refuse to be part of any fantasy narrative of Joe Biden being the real leader in DC today. It is almost CERTAIN that a small group of unknowns are acting as a Politburo for party initiatives and Obama is the deciding vote or veto holder over those decisions. IF that's in any way accurate, Xi and Putin understand the situation far better than any average American.

Can you imagine any BETTER TIME for our enemies to strike us? I can't, but I don't count, I'm just one of the tens of millions of Americans who would die as a result of these political power games. IMO, America is in greater danger of collapse or defeat than at any time in our history and that jeopardy is being generated from within.

Yup, and when the Russia/China alliance takes over and defeats us, the DemoKKKrats will blame it on a "treasonous" secret coup d'état led by Trump, and the idiots will lap it up while they salute their new commie masters.

So you want a truce after the left steals the white house and owns the Senate and House?

Not a chance

All I can do is start with myself. I am going to eliminate the partisan venom from my posts as suggested below by Biden. Feel free to call me on it if it “leaks” out as the President says. I will still express my point of view and argue against yours but if all goes as intended I will remain respectful. It’s an American thing to do. Wish me luck and let me know if you agree with Biden’s point.

I know some of you will respond with comedy but that’s ok. Just think about it.

He continued, “Now you may not like me, and that’s your right. Look, it’s a simple thing. You can walk out and say I tonight like the way that guy wears his tie. I’m voting against him. You have a right to do that. You have a right to do that. But the kinds of things that are being said of late, I think you’re beginning to see some of the…sort of a venom starting to leak out of a lot of it. We’ve got to get beyond this. What do you say to your grandchildren or your children about what’s happening? Do you ever remember a time like this before in the entire history, whether you’re a Democrat or a Republican? This is not who we are.”

Biden added, “I’ve had a lot of experience internationally, and I mean not good or bad, just I have. I chaired the Foreign Relations Committee. I’ve been deeply involved. I did national security for our last administration with Barack but, folks, the rest of the world is wondering about us. Those of you who travel abroad, it’s not a joke. Not a joke. You know, when I went to this G7, all the major democracies, I walked in, and I said, ‘America’s back.’ I’m serious, heads of state. I give you my word as a Biden. They said, ‘Are you really back? We believe you, Joe, but will the country ever get it together?’ I talked to Xi Jinping in China, who I know well. We don’t agree on a lot of things. He’s a bright and really tough guy. He truly believes that the 21st century will be determined by oligarchs. Democracies can not function in the 21st century. The argument goes because things are moving so rapidly, so, so rapidly that you can’t pull together a nation that is divided to get the consensus on acting quickly. So autocrats, autocracies —I had a long meeting with Putin, I know him well — these guys are betting, I’m not joking, on autocracies. Democracy has to stand up to get something done.”

Step one, don't call anyone wacist. If you can do that, you will be half way there.

Good luck.

Americans need to label themselves, which explains all the different ways the nation is divided. But those divisions are our strength. At no time has this nation been stronger.
Yep, and marriages are at their best when husbands and wives hate each other... It's true because I want to believe it's true.

All these ignorant antivax threads are really testing my ability to remain calm and not get venomous. Biden, help a brother out! How can I remain tolerant when the right is so self destructive and dangerous? It’s only been 90 hours since I pledged to rise above it all. Give me strength Biden!!!

I give up. I can’t do it. How can Biden expect me to endure the idiocy, selfishness, and mean spirited MFers that make up the bulk (not all) of the conservative wing who relish in the suffering and persecution of others?

I give up. I can’t do it. How can Biden expect me to endure the idiocy, selfishness, and mean spirited MFers that make up the bulk (not all) of the conservative wing who relish in the suffering and persecution of others?
That sounds really bad. WTF are you talking about?????

The antivaxers??

The problem is that Delta really only matters if you're immunology-compromised in some way.
Lots of infections, but not many hospitalizations or deaths.
The dems need to do policies that get more folks vaccinated, and stop playing partisan games.

1627664451452.png

Forum List

Back