"Reckless, Swollen With Conceit, Lovers of Pleasure..."

1. The "seven deadly sins" is not Biblical. They are good principles, just not directly from the Bible.

2. Resistance is definitely the Religion of the Left. You have an actual church for that yet?
Trump is the embodiment of all those things you highlighted in your OP. Ironic that evangelicals helped promote him to the highest office in the land.

Oh. So you're a Christian?
I have been told that once you accept Jesus into your life he will never leave you. Is this true?

Nope. It's not like a library card you tuck into your wallet and let grow old and dog-eared.

So, not a Christian?
I've grown out of that way of thinking.

So you stopped using your REASON. Such is life.

Greg

I have been told that once you accept Jesus into your life he will never leave you. Is this true?

Nope. It's not like a library card you tuck into your wallet and let grow old and dog-eared.

So, not a Christian?

Okay then. You really are not qualified to judge Donald Trump by Christian standards.
That's ridiculous. I'm judging him by the standards you expressed in the OP. Are those not christian standards?

Why are you judging him at all? For what--fitness for heaven? Fitness for office? I mean is voting a religious litmus test now?

Once upon a time I thought liberals were against that sort of thing. LOL LOL LOL
You sit in judgement of an entire generation.

My judgement in this thread is of you for doing so when it is clear that your judgement is lacking in sincerity.

So, not a Christian?

Okay then. You really are not qualified to judge Donald Trump by Christian standards.
That's ridiculous. I'm judging him by the standards you expressed in the OP. Are those not christian standards?

That's just it, Tehon. No one KNOWS another's heart except God. I don't JUDGE President Trump just as I don't judge that idiot Obama. You sorta got this relig stuff ass about!

greg
Are you so obtuse not to recognize your judgement of Obama in your own post disavowing judgement. Is that your idea of reason?

So, not a Christian?

Why are you judging him at all? For what--fitness for heaven? Fitness for office? I mean is voting a religious litmus test now?

Once upon a time I thought liberals were against that sort of thing. LOL LOL LOL
You sit in judgement of an entire generation.

My judgement in this thread is of you for doing so when it is clear that your judgement is lacking in sincerity.

Indeed I do. Morally we are all in big trouble. How can you not look around and see this is true?

However we still need leaders. And these leaders are political. We need church leaders for church and political leaders for politics. As I have often said, I did not (and would not) choose Trump for a husband, a son in law or a pastor. I did vote for him for president because of his policy positions. I'm not judging his fitness for heaven.

I just posted this verse in another thread. This is from 2 Timothy 3 and is about the Last Days. Has this ever been more true that for the Selfie Generation, in 2018?

God help us all.

"But understand this: that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeaseable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness but denying its power. Avoid such people."--2 Timothy 3:1-5

To be fair, every generation since we came down from the trees believes they're living in the end times. Perhaps it's time to start planning ahead more than a generation or two.

Funny that so called 'christians' use the bible to justify certain policies they want enacted into law such as to end ROE V WADE, turn back laws on gay marriage, turn back 'sodomy' laws.... but then say there's a chasm between their religious ideologies & political ones.

I just posted this verse in another thread. This is from 2 Timothy 3 and is about the Last Days. Has this ever been more true that for the Selfie Generation, in 2018?

God help us all.

"But understand this: that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeaseable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness but denying its power. Avoid such people."--2 Timothy 3:1-5

that would be for christians and their false bible - the conclusion for the original religion of Antiquity leaves little wonder which it will be for their religion of sinners. after the last of their kind has passed.

God help us all.

that would be for christians and their false bible - the conclusion for the original religion of Antiquity leaves little wonder which it will be for their religion of sinners. after the last of their kind has passed.

Tell me about this "religion of Antiquity". You didn't make it up, did you?

Funny that so called 'christians' use the bible to justify certain policies they want enacted into law such as to end ROE V WADE, turn back laws on gay marriage, turn back 'sodomy' laws.... but then say there's a chasm between their religious ideologies & political ones.

1. Abortion is murder of a distinct and unique human being. There have always been laws against that, to my knowledge.

2. We never proposed to "turn back laws" on gay marriage. A law was CREATED by the SC to make such a thing possible.

3. What are you talking about re: sodomy laws? If they're even still in effect they're largely not enforced? Or are you confusing Christianity with Islam?

God help us all.

To be fair, every generation since we came down from the trees believes they're living in the end times. Perhaps it's time to start planning ahead more than a generation or two.

I don't think you have any way of knowing this is true.

So, not a Christian?

That's just it, Tehon. No one KNOWS another's heart except God. I don't JUDGE President Trump just as I don't judge that idiot Obama. You sorta got this relig stuff ass about!

greg
Are you so obtuse not to recognize your judgement of Obama in your own post disavowing judgement. Is that your idea of reason?

Nope. lol

Greg

God help us all.

Maybe druids, Egyptians, the Dreaming and stuff. Every tribe virtually had their own.

Greg

I say love your children especially when they are at their most dependent on you. Take a family photo and fill in what your aborted children would have been like had you not killed them. ("You" used in generic sense)

Greg

God help us all.

Keep in mind the letter to Timothy was written two thousand years ago by someone who believed he was living in the last days.

God help us all.

Oh-noes-everybody-panic (1).gif

God help us all.

the religion prescribed by the Almighty, noah's parable - The Triumph of Good vs Evil, the religion of sinners is a direct contradiction to the pronounced religion prescribed for all humanity.

1. Abortion is murder of a distinct and unique human being. There have always been laws against that, to my knowledge.

2. We never proposed to "turn back laws" on gay marriage. A law was CREATED by the SC to make such a thing possible.

3. What are you talking about re: sodomy laws? If they're even still in effect they're largely not enforced? Or are you confusing Christianity with Islam?

1) uh-huh. roe v wade is a law that supports a woman's right to choose. you call it murder, but roe v wade says otherwise.

2) mike pence & his minions have every intention - if allowed to do so - overturn or at least turn it over to the states.

3) sodomy laws can be enforced if given the permission by society... look at how racist have risen up because they now think it's ok to be one. the same can be said about homophobes & wanting to go back to the good ol' day & force them back into the closet.

I say love your children especially when they are at their most dependent on you. Take a family photo and fill in what your aborted children would have been like had you not killed them. ("You" used in generic sense)

Greg

silly you.
("you" as in y-o-u )

Forum List

Back