Recession or NO !

Foolardi

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2021
Or better still just Say NO c/o Old Joe.
Take a page from George Orwell { whether - Animal Farm - or
- 1984 - } and use GroupThink.Maybe a combination of
Groupthink and Doublethink.I mean,why not.It worked wonders
in determining Lockdowns which in hindsight history has no other
choice but to condemn.Lockdowns harmed the American Economy and
our Kids.There is no disputing that.Even Covid advisor {who just penned
a book} Dr.Deborah Birx felt the need to come clean and admit that
much of what she Advised then President Trump was wrong.Off base.
A twisting of Science.
So why not just pull a nutter twist with Redefining the word :
Recession!
To meanie whatever the Elites want it to mean.
Ta hell with Economists like Paul Volcker.No longer with us.
Or the Great Milton Friedman.How dare his Free to Choose be
relevant.Who does he think he was.
Or even Arthur Laffer and his supply-side " Laffer curve ".
Maybe if Old Joe Biden just hire some New Fat Lady to sing his
Song of Sixpence.Since it's Nursery school time as far as this
recession ... goes.
And Goes,and grows until even the Cows lose interest in farting.
Let Old Joe do the farting.
He's already farted all over America.

" Settle the economic question and you settle all other
questions.It is the Aaron's rod which swallows up the rest."
-- William Morris { 1834-1896 }

Last edited:
It ain't a recession if you use a different word to describe it.

I predict they'll call it a "trunalimunumaprzure" instead of a "recession."

Everyone will be so confused, they won't notice they're going broke.

I heard what probably is the new Meme.On Hugh Hewitt
radio this morning.Hewitt stood by the traditional definition
of - Recession - or Two Consecutive quarters of No Growth.
Some guy on Hewitt started off by explaining that He knew
what he was talking about.He's been some kind of Economist the
last 6 years.So he goes off on some Tangent about what HE
considers a recession to include.Using what Joe Biden has
maintained all along.That Employment { 2.6 Million } is
good.That's a laugh.I guess that explains so many For Hire
signs all over tarnation.Or the Labor Force Participation Rate.
The same crap that Obama pulled in late* 2011 in order to make sure
Unemployment was at or Under 8 %.
In September of 2012 { the Jobs report came out and Unemployment
dropped .03% for the month. } It got Under 8 %.It was at 7.8%.
Just in time for Obama to not face the dreaded reality that No
President was ever elected when Unemployment was 8% or higher.
You'all are being played.But more and more Americans are finally
waking up and smelling the coffee.

* starting at the end of November.Magically a month later { January }
around 1.2 Million from the Labor Force disappeared.At the time there
was no explanation for this unbelievable occurence.

It ain't a recession if you use a different word to describe it.

I predict they'll call it a "trunalimunumaprzure" instead of a "recession."

Everyone will be so confused, they won't notice they're going broke.
What's funny is they accuse Trump of doing this and he never has. The left only has projection.....it's all they have

What's funny is they accuse Trump of doing this and he never has. The left only has projection.....it's all they have
REPUBLICANS use our government to enrich themselves & their donors then blame our problems on Democrats. Their voters keep falling for it.

DEMOCRATS use our government to enrich themselves & their donors then blame our problems on Republicans. Their voters keep falling for it.

LEARN IT!

REPUBLICANS use our government to enrich themselves & their donors then blame our problems on Democrats. Their voters keep falling for it.

DEMOCRATS use our government to enrich themselves & their donors then blame our problems on Republicans. Their voters keep falling for it.

LEARN IT!

At least Republicans and Democrats are known quantities. We have no idea how badly some third-party goober could be capable of fucking things up.

111111111dgdgdfdd_jpg-2465811_jpeg-2465823.JPG

Recession now offically means the hole in Joe Bidens brain after they cut his skull in half and used an ice cream scooper to remove his hemmorage.

Redefine what? This has been the definition according to the NBER for at least the last quarter of a century...

The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) does not define a recession in terms of two consecutive quarters of decline in real GNP. Rather, a recession is a recurring period of decline in total output, income, employment, and trade, usually lasting from six months to a year, and marked by widespread contractions in many sectors of the economy.

Are you new to America?

At least Republicans and Democrats are known quantities. We have no idea how badly some third-party goober could be capable of fucking things up.
Yeah we can’t change because you know, it might be worse. LMFAO.

Redefine what? This has been the definition according to the NBER for at least the last quarter of a century...

The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) does not define a recession in terms of two consecutive quarters of decline in real GNP. Rather, a recession is a recurring period of decline in total output, income, employment, and trade, usually lasting from six months to a year, and marked by widespread contractions in many sectors of the economy.

Are you new to America?

Even CNN says "You can't fake this."

1658850303533.png

Are you new to America?

I call bullshit. For many years the metric used to define a "recession" has been two consecutive quarters of declining GDP. So now when democrats are in-charge of DC this NBER gets to define what a recession is? BULLSHIT!

No changing the definitions whenever you want. We never heard about this NBER until now?!

It’s a victimless recession so far. Unemployment is 3.6% and there are 11M openings with 5M people looking.

Last quarter real GDP was -1.6% which is not bad with the inflation and I bet this quarter will be similar.

Almost all commodities have dropped in prices since last quarter, many substantially like lumber and copper.

If you own a home the inflation you are paying is more than offset by your housing equity which has gone up $184,000 since 2020. Americans average net worth is an all time high.

Biden needs a better marketer. If you’re not employed, making more money than ever, and watching your home equity skyrocket… that’s your fault.

I call bullshit. For many years the metric used to define a "recession" has been two consecutive quarters of declining GDP. So now when democrats are in-charge of DC this NBER gets to define what a recession is? BULLSHIT!

No changing the definitions whenever you want. We never heard about this NBER until now?!

Yeah, I am with you on this one. That has always been the standard as long as I have been an adult.

Call it what you want... no one cares. The economic structure seems pretty solid. We have a supply driven inflation rate. FED is making a mistake by fighting it like its a demand driven inflation rate. Interest rates wont be effective. Need more supply.

It’s a victimless recession so far. Unemployment is 3.6% and there are 11M openings with 5M people looking.

Last quarter real GDP was -1.6% which is not bad with the inflation and I bet this quarter will be similar.

Almost all commodities have dropped in prices since last quarter, many substantially like lumber and copper.

If you own a home the inflation you are paying is more than offset by your housing equity which has gone up $184,000 since 2020. Americans average net worth is an all time high.

Biden needs a better marketer. If you’re not employed, making more money than ever, and watching your home equity skyrocket… that’s your fault.
I doubt it is victimless. Many Americans are struggling to make ends meet. Raising costs are harming millions of workers and retirees.

…but our wonderful thoughtful leaders can give $54 billion to the war profiteers. How cool is that?

Call it what you want... no one cares. The economic structure seems pretty solid. We have a supply driven inflation rate. FED is making a mistake by fighting it like its a demand driven inflation rate. Interest rates wont be effective. Need more supply.
OMG, we almost agree on this one?!
1. It is technically a "recession", but I hope a shallow and short one.
2. The "supply" driven inflation rate is driven in-part by Biden's war on energy and the cost of diesel.
3. The FED is doing what it is supposed to do. As interest rates continue to go up, such as for housing, new car purchases, etc. demand will shrink back to a balance.
4. How do you increase supply when that is controlled by weather, available labor, supply chain (computer chips), etc? Not easily controllable.
5. As interest rates rise, so does the Federal deficit, the cost of borrowing.

Biden should undo his war on energy policies to get prices back to normal.

The National Bureau of Economic Research is the semi-official arbiter of when US downturns start and end, and its criteria are far more complicated than the two-quarters rule. The organization looks for a "significant decline in economic activity that is spread across the economy and that lasts more than a few months" before calling a recession.

In other words, it takes a whole lot more than two quarters of negative GDP for the US to be in a recession. That hasn't stopped the topic from becoming a political battlefield. The White House took the first shot on July 21, publishing a blog by its Council of Economic Advisors that laid out several reasons why the country isn't in a downturn. Chief among them was the NBER's definition, but council members also cited strong job creation and industrial production as signs the economy was chugging along.

The blog post aimed to clear up the official criteria of a recession, but it sparked accusations that the White House was adjusting the definition to soften the blow of a potentially nasty GDP print. When asked on Friday if the Biden administration was trying to change the definition, Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said the strength of the labor market and other indicators are "not what we generally see as we talk about recession or even pre-recession."

Biden addressed the debate on Monday, predicting the US will dodge a downturn and similarly highlighting the labor market's rebound as a sign of good economic health.

"We're not going to be in a recession, in my view. The unemployment rate is still one of the lowest we've had in history," he said. "My hope is we go from this rapid growth to steady growth."

Forum List

Back