Rabbis forced the Romans to crucify Jesus

That’s your problem - you’re going by the writings of the NT. It’s full of antisemitic rhetoric against Jews.

In my experience, people who take the NT as gospel (pun intended) are usually full of animus and hostility for Jews.

I bear no ill will towards Jews. Also, I don't take any of it as gospel. I am just speaking of what the Bible says.

Have you read John?

Yes.. What are you speaking of specifically?

The persecutions of the first century – Early Christians

The first instance of the Roman State taking action against Christians arose in the reign of the Emperor Claudius (41-54 A.D.). The historians Suetonius and Dio Cassius tell us that Claudius had to expel the Jews because they were continually arguing among themselves about a certain Chrestos.

“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or hunger, or nakedness, or danger, or the sword?” (Romans 8, 35)

Yes.. What are you speaking of specifically?

The persecutions of the first century – Early Christians

The first instance of the Roman State taking action against Christians arose in the reign of the Emperor Claudius (41-54 A.D.). The historians Suetonius and Dio Cassius tell us that Claudius had to expel the Jews because they were continually arguing among themselves about a certain Chrestos.

“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or hunger, or nakedness, or danger, or the sword?” (Romans 8, 35)
I’m speaking of “the synagogue of Satan,” and calling the Jews’ G-d “the devil,” among many other examples. You’re honestly going to sit there and claim all the venom expressed toward the Jews by the Christians who wrote the gospels has nothing to do with the 2,000 years of Jewish persecution?

In my experience, the two groups who are the most antisemitic are:

1) Muslims
2) Fundamental Christians who take the NT as gospel

I’m speaking of “the synagogue of Satan,” and calling the Jews’ G-d “the devil,” among many other examples. You’re honestly going to sit there and claim all the venom expressed toward the Jews by the Christians who wrote the gospels has nothing to do with the 2,000 years of Jewish persecution?

In my experience, the two groups who are the most antisemitic are:

1) Muslims
2) Fundamental Christians who take the NT as gospel

Jesus was a Jew when he criticized the Pharisees for cheating the poor in the Temple. The Jews were pretty divided. The Herodians were Edomites who were forced to convert to Judaism. Herod's granddaughter was the mistress of Titus. The Essenes left to live in the wlderness and get away from the conflict.

The zealots were actively opposed to the Romans and the Sicarri were killing Romans and Jews who were friendly to the Romans.

Do you see Christian power in this chaotic time?

Jesus was a Jew when he criticized the Pharisees for cheating the poor in the Temple. The Jews were pretty divided. The Herodians were Edomites who were forced to convert to Judaism. Herod's granddaughter was the mistress of Titus. The Essenes left to live in the wlderness and get away from the conflict.

The zealots were actively opposed to the Romans and the Sicarri were killing Romans and Jews who were friendly to the Romans.

You asked me where I thought the NT was antisemitic, and advanced Jew-hate, and I quoted you a couple of passages. You ignored them, amd deflected to something else.

Synagogue of Satan. The Jews’ father is fhe devil. Hypocrites who pray in the synagogue. I can go on and on.

The writings in the NT resulted in such prejudice toward Jews that we have been persecuted for 2000 years and murdered by the millions by Christians. i sure wish those gospels had never been written.

You asked me where I thought the NT was antisemitic, and advanced Jew-hate, and I quoted you a couple of passages. You ignored them, amd deflected to something else.

Synagogue of Satan. The Jews’ father is fhe devil. Hypocrites who pray in the synagogue. I can go on and on.

The writings in the NT resulted in such prejudice toward Jews that we have been persecuted for 2000 years and murdered by the millions by Christians. i sure wish those gospels had never been written.

Jesus was not speaking of all Jews.. He is speaking about a specific group in Jerusalem who were, in his view, defiling the Temple with commerce.

LOL---Jesus WAS A PHARISEE----thru and thru. The ROMANIZED "JESUS" knocked the pharisees

LOL---Jesus WAS A PHARISEE----thru and thru. The ROMANIZED "JESUS" knocked the pharisees

Yes. Jesus was a Pharisee but that doesn't mean he approved of what they were doing with regard to the Temple.

Yes. Jesus was a Pharisee but that doesn't mean he approved of what they were doing with regard to the Temple.
what WHO was doing?-----the Sadducean roman
shills? DUH !!!!! or the roman controlled money
changers? The Pharisees had very little, if any, voice
in the conduct of the Temple back then.

what WHO was doing?-----the Sadducean roman
shills? DUH !!!!! or the roman controlled money
changers? The Pharisees had very little, if any, voice
in the conduct of the Temple back then.
She’s getting all her misinformation from the NT.

christian "scholars" often confuse the SANHEDRIN
people with Sadducees----not that a FEW Sadducees were not in the Sanhedrin---but I believe most were
NOT Sadducees

Jesus was not speaking of all Jews.. He is speaking about a specific group in Jerusalem who were, in his view, defiling the Temple with commerce.
right (almost)---the SADDUCEES who were corrupted clients of the Romans. The PHARISEES (like Jesus)
very PARTICULARLY DESPISED THEM----the Romans
despised the PHARISEES because they opposed the
filth of Rome and crucified them by the THOUSANDS

He said he and his father were one in the same.
There’s no proof he ever said that, and I can’t believe a Jew would ever say such a thing.

nor a christian, obviously as sinners ...

both have abandoned the religion of antiquity, islam included - where purity is a parity for all beings and the goal necessary for admission to the Everlasting by a mortal.

a state the itinerant may have believed they had accomplished.

right (almost)---the SADDUCEES who were corrupted clients of the Romans. The PHARISEES (like Jesus)
very PARTICULARLY DESPISED THEM----the Romans
despised the PHARISEES because they opposed the
filth of Rome and crucified them by the THOUSANDS

Under Herod (37 b.c.-4 b.c.) the Pharisees were influential, but carefully controlled by the king. Some individual Pharisees did oppose Herod on occasion. Josephus gives almost no information about the Pharisees from the death of Herod until the outset of the revolt against Rome (about a.d. 66).

Who Were the Pharisees? The Beginner's Guide - OverviewBible
Having their roots in the scribes and sages who studied the oral tradition, the Pharisees were seen as authorities on the Law, whereas the Sadducees derived their authority from their status as priests and their control over the temple, which was the social, economic, and religious center of Judaism.

The Influence of the Pharisees (Bible History Online)
They also held an important place in the Sanhedrin through the Maccabean period on into New Testament times. They most likely did not control the Sanhedrin as the Talmud suggests. In the New Testament, the Pharisees seem to be the main enemies of Jesus, probably because He had won a deeper influence among the people which they formerly possessed.

Who Were the Pharisees? The Beginner's Guide - OverviewBible
Having their roots in the scribes and sages who studied the oral tradition, the Pharisees were seen as authorities on the Law, whereas the Sadducees derived their authority from their status as priests and their control over the temple, which was the social, economic, and religious center of Judaism.

The Influence of the Pharisees (Bible History Online)
They also held an important place in the Sanhedrin through the Maccabean period on into New Testament times. They most likely did not control the Sanhedrin as the Talmud suggests. In the New Testament, the Pharisees seem to be the main enemies of Jesus, probably because He had won a deeper influence among the people which they formerly possessed.
^^^ BS !!! no corroborating evidence at all----
the Pharisees were the leaders of the ANTI-ROME
movement--------as Constantine and the Nicean
council pigs were WELL AWARE

Right. The Romans didn’t give a fig about Jesus. That’s why Pilate crucified him.
Judas betrayed Jesus for "30 pieces of silver," identifying him with a kiss in front of Roman soldiers ...

the romans did not know who the itinerant was to arrest him - who's kidding who, the jews had him put to death for whatever reason - being, no doubt, political in regards to judaism ... as a liberal interpretation not associated with paterfamilias. same as today. the selfish for themselves crowd.

the romans did not know who the itinerant was to arrest him - who's kidding who, the jews had him put to death for whatever reason - being, no doubt, political in regards to judaism ... as a liberal interpretation not associated with paterfamilias. same as today. the selfish for themselves crowd.
^^^ an antisemite speaketh

Forum List

Back