Rabbis forced the Romans to crucify Jesus

The new Christians who attempted to keep Judaizers out of the church were . . .

. . . Jews.

They were converted Jews whose mission was to evangelize Jews. Their brethren.

Jews are not antisemitic; non-Jews are.

And so the New Testament is not antisemitic. It chronicles the conversion of Jews and their subsequent attempts to lead their brethren back to God.
P.S. Never heard of the term “Judaizer.” Is that from the NT? Whatever it is, it doesn’t sound very nice.

Sarcasm requires intelligence.
So does making a wise choice at the polling place.

Reminds me of a joke: Adlai Stevenson was lamenting his chances of winning, and someone said, “Adlai, every intelligent person is going to vote for you!” to which Adlai responded, “yeah, but I need a majority.”

The new Christians HAD been Jews, but they were no longer. They believed that Jesus rose from the dead, and were the early Christians.

And believe me, I know all about evangelicals. They get very hostile when they try and fail to get a Jew to abandon her religion. And your bit of “leading their brethren back to G-d,” as if we had fallen away from Him, just smacks of disdain for Jews.
Read Genesis; they had fallen away from Him.

The Old Testament chronicles the exploits of a wayward people. Yes, those kinds of terms run throughout the text. Wayward; idolators, adulterers, disobedient, and all the rest. None is righteous, lamented David. The temple people were a people with little or no connection to their God.

After their fall from grace, they were wayward. Their Messiah reconciled their relationship to God. The Jewish converts in the New Testament loved their brethren. What they opposed were the false teachings of the Pharisees and the temple rulers.

Salvation came to the Jews first.

P.S. Never heard of the term “Judaizer.” Is that from the NT? Whatever it is, it doesn’t sound very nice.
It's a term that does not apply to rank-and-file Jews of the New Testament or to modern Jews.

It's no less genteel than any term Jesus used to describe the brood of vipers, the hypocrites, the whitewashed tombs, and all the rest - the Jews he lambasted.

The Old Testament chronicles the exploits of a wayward people. Yes, those kinds of terms run throughout the text. Wayward; idolators, adulterers, disobedient, and all the rest. None is righteous, lamented David. The temple people were a people with little or no connection to their God.

After their fall from grace, they were wayward. Their Messiah reconciled their relationship to God. The Jewish converts in the New Testament loved their brethren. What they opposed were the false teachings of the Pharisees and the temple rulers.

Wow. You honestly don’t see how what you wrote reeks of antisemitism and disdain for Jews who followed the law of G-d? You actually wrote the the Jews who abandoned their religion to worship someone other than G-d loved their brethren.

So IOW, Jews who held steadfast to their heritage did not love their brethren? We are “lesser”?

Yup. That’s the attitude I‘ve come across from evangelicals. They’re trying to “help me find my way” blah, blay, blah, and ”don’t I want to go to Heaven?” They, like you, can’t see what a putdown that attitude is to Jews.

It's a term that does not apply to rank-and-file Jews of the New Testament or to modern Jews.

It's no less genteel than any term Jesus used to describe the brood of vipers, the hypocrites, the whitewashed tombs, and all the rest - the Jews he lambasted.

I thought the term went back to the debate whether Christians had to be circumcized and follow Judaism.

"Judaizers" refers to Jewish Christians who sought to induce Gentiles to observe Jewish religious customs: to "judaize."

There are Jews in Genesis? Really!
Read the last couple of Chapters of Deuteronomy where Moshe predicts exactly what's happening and tells the Children of Israel God will never abandon them.

The Messiah hasn’t come yet, according to Jews.

I thought the term went back to the debate whether Christians had to be circumcized and follow Judaism.

"Judaizers" refers to Jewish Christians who sought to induce Gentiles to observe Jewish religious customs: to "judaize."
I don't think the term itself appeared until maybe the nineteenth century. In the book of Hebrews, for example, temple Jews are trying to tempt converts away from Christ and back to Moses. In Preterist circles, that's kind of the way the term is applied.

The Messiah hasn’t come yet, according to Jews.
The term is not the moshiach, the term is the days of anointment.
The Temple has to be rebuilt and those who serve in the Temple must be anointed with oil.

There are Jews in Genesis? Really!
Read the last couple of Chapters of Deuteronomy where Moshe predicts exactly what's happening and tells the Children of Israel God will never abandon them.
Yes, a covenant for all time.

Fortunately, the evangelicals trying to get Jews to abandon their religion have an extremely low success rate. That’s why they started in with the Jews for Jesus thing. They figured if they told Jews who were reluctant to abandon Judaism that they would STILL be Jews - just Jews who believe in Jesus. Very few ever fall for it, though.

I don't think the term itself appeared until maybe the nineteenth century. In the book of Hebrews, for example, temple Jews are trying to tempt converts away from Christ and back to Moses. In Preterist circles, that's kind of the way the term is applied.
The book of Hebrews is so full of errors, it's embarrassing.
The first chapter alone is completely out of chronological order and contains episodes that did not happen in the Torah.

Wow. You honestly don’t see how what you wrote reeks of antisemitism and disdain for Jews who followed the law of G-d? You actually wrote the the Jews who abandoned their religion to worship someone other than G-d loved their brethren.

So IOW, Jews who held steadfast to their heritage did not love their brethren? We are “lesser”?

Yup. That’s the attitude I‘ve come across from evangelicals. They’re trying to “help me find my way” blah, blay, blah, and ”don’t I want to go to Heaven?” They, like you, can’t see what a putdown that attitude is to Jews.
Have you read the Old Testament? A few were faithful. The patriarchs, some of the prophets, the poets, maybe. The Lord even accompanied them occasionally on their exploits. But they were a wayward, adulterous people; their own texts even say so.

And you seem to be conflating temple-era Jews with modern Jews. The Old and New Testaments are not about you or your fellow Jews.

Have you read the Old Testament? A few were faithful. The patriarchs, some of the prophets, the poets, maybe. The Lord even accompanied them occasionally on their exploits. But they were a wayward, adulterous people; their own texts even say so.

And you seem to be conflating temple-era Jews with modern Jews. The Old and New Testaments are not about you or your fellow Jews.
God has incredibly high expectations from Jews, so much from others.
The inhabitants of the surrounding nations committed every sin in the book and God knew there was no fixing the situation.

.,.,.,.,.,.was caught with her Jew-hate, and she refused to apologize.
It seems you are a misguided person.

The problem is not with “Jews”. The problem is with a government using American tax dollars to finance Israeli sniper teams to single out and murder Palestinian children. No other government on the face of this world would use its sniper teams to single out and murder children, no, there are none except for one. They call themselves the Chosen ones only they were not chosen to murder children, they were chosen to be a good example for others to follow. They call themselves “Israelis”. No; they are not Jews, they are the epidemy of humanity.

King James Bible
And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.
(Ezek 36:17 KJV) Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their ..own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.
(Ezek 36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it.
(Ezek 36:22 KJV) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
(Ezek 36:24 KJV) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
The above prophesy came true in 1947ad.
(Ezek 36:31 KJV) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
(Ezek 36:32 KJV) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

King James Bible
Ezekiel 21:32
Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.
According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, "the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year."

https://tinyurl.com/y6ryw6hf

They failed and the wrath of God will be upon them; their end is near. Near enough for you to witness the event yourself.
:)-

Last edited:

Forum List

Back