Quiz: Is Your Brain Republican or Democrat?

Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
Is Your Brain a Democrat or Republican?

How does this work?
A 2014 study concluded that people who were more prone to disgust are more conservative and tend to align with the republican party. But, why?

Some scientists believe it's ancestral and that the adverse reactions were used to protect primitive ancestors from contamination and disease. This way a person wouldn't confuse drinking water with dirty pond scum.

The study measured participants' brain response to "disgusting" imagery using an MRI. The study could predict party affiliation with up to 98% confidence. The questionaire on chartsme.com uses Jonathan Haidt's disgust scale in lieu of MRI and imagery, so results are likely far less accurate. Watch TED Talk to learn more.

Last edited:
Your brain is a Republican

Conservative (73%)Liberal (27%)

Well...nope I am not a Republican.....but conservative, yes.

Weird quiz...just wait until you see the questions..... :lol:

Republican ...

52-48

I consider myself a conservative on most issues but I adjust quickly when there's a political disappointment, life goes on.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

You better get some original content in the OP before a mod locks the thread.

I don't know what you mean?? There really was no content other than the test.
Oh I know...I will see if I can find the ''How it is done'' part and put that on there.

You better get some original content in the OP before a mod locks the thread.

I don't know what you mean?? There really was no content other than the test.
Oh I know...I will see if I can find the ''How it is done'' part and put that on there.