Question for fiscal conservatives

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
When I say fiscal conservatives, I'm not talking about CINO's like Trump, Romney & McConnell. But actual conservatives like Mike Lee, Chip Roy and Thomas Massie.

Question:

Let's say the year is 1980, and instead of Ronald Reagan winning the election, and all those CINO's that got elected, actual fiscal conservative's were elected. And for the next 40 years, fiscal conservative ran the country. What do you think the state of the nation would be now?

Who who, and who? Never heard of them. And in case you forgot, we were still staring down the Soviet bear and Carter decimated the military so bad it wasn't funny.

Not sure what any of that has to do with the question.

Not sure what any of that has to do with the question.
We were still deep into battle against the Soviet Union and Reagan had to rebuild the military! That being said, here's what I want to happen:
1. Return the US to the Gold Standard
2. Eliminate any and all spending NOT specifically laid out in the US Constitution
3. Pass the Balanced Budget Amendment. Make the Fed live within its means.

We were still deep into battle against the Soviet Union and Reagan had to rebuild the military! That being said, here's what I want to happen:
2. Eliminate any and all spending NOT specifically laid out in the US Constitution
1. Without question.
2. Congress sandbagged Reagan for the tax cuts....Got the taxes cut, but not any spending.
3. Number 1 would obviate the need, as the gubmint couldn't just print up money....Gold standard IS the balanced budget amendment.

1. NOT the gold standard, but the Balanced Budget Amendment is a MUST.
2. That covers all extraneous spending. (subsidies, foreign aid, etc.)
3. I want to see another Grace Commission to eliminate duplication and waste in the Federal Government. They had good ideas, but none were actually implemented. The "turf wars" stopped progress.
4. A $21Trillion economy won't work with the gold standard.

Last edited:
When I say fiscal conservatives, I'm not talking about CINO's like Trump, Romney & McConnell. But actual conservatives like Mike Lee, Chip Roy and Thomas Massie.

Question:

Let's say the year is 1980, and instead of Ronald Reagan winning the election, and all those CINO's that got elected, actual fiscal conservative's were elected. And for the next 40 years, fiscal conservative ran the country. What do you think the state of the nation would be now?

The only practice of fiscal conservatism in the US recently was when newt was speaker and the budgets had tax and spending cuts.

Things were great in the 1990s

Then Fox News started pushing big government big spending Zionist people frauds as "republicans" and the post 1998 GOP has never cut a dime of spending since...

The only practice of fiscal conservatism in the US recently was when newt was speaker and the budgets had tax and spending cuts.
Then Fox News started pushing big government big spending Zionist people frauds as "republicans" and the post 1998 GOP has never cut a dime of spending since...
1. Things were great in the 1990s, with Newt as speaker.
2. FNC had nothing to do with Dubya's policies. Like Leona Helmsley said, "Only little people pay taxes".

You're right about that. I think Reagan was the first real big spender. Tax cuts with huge spending increases. But even then, the CINO's were starting to pop up in every election. Reagan's speaking ability made it possible for the right to increase budges, deficits and the debt ceiling, and still blame it on the left.

With so many radicals on the left and CINO's on the right, the only half way decent government would be a dem president and a republican house and senate. But come to think of it, the GOP House majority during Obama didn't account for any spending decreases.

You're right about that. I think Reagan was the first real big spender. Tax cuts with huge spending increases. But even then, the CINO's were starting to pop up in every election. Reagan's speaking ability made it possible for the right to increase budges, deficits and the debt ceiling, and still blame it on the left.

With so many radicals on the left and CINO's on the right, the only half way decent government would be a dem president and a republican house and senate. But come to think of it, the GOP House majority during Obama didn't account for any spending decreases.

House controls spending.

Bill Clinton was not a fiscal conservative, newt Gingrich forced him with a pre 1998 GOP budget

Ronald Reagan submitted budgets with tax and spending cuts, but the crook - klansman dem congress of felon speaker Jim wright and Biden buddy KKK enchanted cyclops dem senate majority leader and KKKing of Pork Robert Byrd forced Reagan to accept spending increases.

House controls spending.

Bill Clinton was not a fiscal conservative, newt Gingrich forced him with a pre 1998 GOP budget

Ronald Reagan submitted budgets with tax and spending cuts, but the crook - klansman dem congress of felon speaker Jim wright and Biden buddy KKK enchanted cyclops dem senate majority leader and KKKing of Pork Robert Byrd forced Reagan to accept spending increases.

No one force Reagan to sign those spending bills. Spending bills created in the House & Senate, have to have a presidents signature, or get overridden. The ones Reagan signed, he did so on his own. No one held a gun to his head and forced him.

No one force Reagan to sign those spending bills. Spending bills created in the House & Senate, have to have a presidents signature, or get overridden. The ones Reagan signed, he did so on his own. No one held a gun to his head and forced him.

Bullshit

The "gun to the head" is the govt shutdown.

Newt used it in 1995 ....

President does NOT control spending, congress does

Bullshit

The "gun to the head" is the govt shutdown.

Newt used it in 1995 ....

President does NOT control spending, congress does

Congress controls spending that's already been voted and signed into law. The president controls his veto pen when NEW spending is put into bills and passed in the house and senate.

Just saying "congress controls spending" is only a half truth. And a cop-out excuse by republican supporters when a republican president signs new spending into law.

BTW, there was a LOT of CINO's who voted in favor of a LOT of those spending bills when Trump was in office, and now that Biden is in office.

This is why fiscal conservatism should be something republican voters actually vote for. Not these cino's.

Question:

You really think Reagan was a fiscal conservative? I suppose you think he was a "small government" guy too right?

He expanded government to an unprecedented level, amassed more debt than anyone prior to him other than FDR and even though you think he cut taxes he actually raised them.

He was borrowing and spending like a drunken Keynesian

You really think Reagan was a fiscal conservative? I suppose you think he was a "small government" guy too right?

He expanded government to an unprecedented level, amassed more debt than anyone prior to him other than FDR and even though you think he cut taxes he actually raised them.

He was borrowing and spending like a drunken Keynesian

I think you mis-read and jumped to your own conclusion. (or did you even read?)

I said "and instead of Ronald Reagan winning the election, and all those CINO's that got elected,"

Forum List

Back