Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my protector

rock on christian dude... now do you agree that a mooooslem be allowed to feel that way about their god?

As far as I can tell, none of us had a problem with Muslims until Muslims had a problem with us. And I wouldn't have a problem with them emigrating here, except that an inordinate number of them or their offspring engage in horrific, deadly acts of terrorism here. But I know your thought process. Since some Americans do awful things, we're obligated to accept disproportionate numbers of foreigners that would love nothing more than to murder thousands of us.

...the vast majority of trump supporting 'christians' don't think so & use islam as a scapegoat for their religious bigotry...

I believe that immigrants should agree with the principles of our nation as outlined in the U.S. constitution and the Bill of Rights. True, secular Muslims elevate Sharia Law over everything else. So why should we want them to live here? They should live in a society that shares THEIR values.

Why didn’t god just not make temptation?
Let's consider every failure, every loss we have been through. Is the answer to these failures and losses to get rid of the task, the game, the hardship? Or does it challenge us to become better: To accomplish the task, to win the game, to overcome the hardship.

75 out of 150 Psalms were written by King David. His predecessor, King Saul was not measuring up as God’s king of Israel. King Saul was making one mistake after another, so God sent Samuel to find His chosen shepherd, David, the son of Jesse. One of King Saul’s servants suggested getting a harpist. Another recommended David, saying, "I have seen a son of Jesse of Bethlehem who knows how to play the lyre. He is a brave man and a warrior. He speaks well and is a fine-looking man. And the LORD is with him." Thus, David went into service under King Saul. He was twelve to sixteen years old when anointed to become the King of Israel by God.

King Saul was quickly pleased with young David, and he became one of Saul's armor-bearers. David rose in strength and fame among Saul's ranks. He is well known for slaying the giant Goliath.

The Philistines were at war with the Israelites and taunted Israel’s military forces with their champion, Goliath from Gath. They proposed a dual between Goliath and whoever would fight him. But no one in Israel volunteered to battle the giant. David's older brothers were part of Saul's army; after Goliath had been taunting the Israelites for forty days, David visited his brothers at the battlefield and heard the Philistine’s boasts. The young shepherd asked, "What will be done for the man who kills this Philistine and removes this disgrace from Israel? Who is this uncircumcised Philistine that he should defy the armies of the living God?"

David told Saul, "Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him" (1 Samuel 17:32). Saul was incredulous; David was not a trained soldier. David provided his credentials as a shepherd, being careful to give the glory to God. David had killed lions and bears that went after his sheep, and he claimed the Philistine would die like them because he had "defied the armies of the living God. The LORD who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine" (1 Samuel 17:36–37). Saul acquiesced, provided that David wear Saul's armor into the fight. But David was not used to the armor and left it behind. David took with him only his staff, five smooth stones, his shepherd's bag, and a sling. Goliath was not intimidated by David, but neither was David intimidated by the giant. "David said to the Philistine, 'You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hands" (1 Samuel 17:45–46). David's trust in God and his zeal for God's glory are remarkable. David did kill Goliath. He also entered into Saul's service full-time, no longer tending his father's sheep.

73 of these include Psalms 3—9; 11—32; 34—41; 51—65; 68—70; 86; 101; 103; 108—110; 122; 124; 131; 133; and 138—145. He also wrote Psalm 2 and Psalm 95 in the NT.

Forum List

Back