Zone1 Moses prophesied about the coming of Christ (as did Malachi & others)

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA

from that site (Scripture bolded):

Moses is a unique typological figure of Jesus, for his status as such is explicitly put forth in a prophecy by Moses himself

in Deuteronomy 18:15–19:

The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brethren—him you shall heed—just as you desired of the Lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, “Let [us] not hear again the voice of the Lord my God, or see this great fire any more, lest [we] die.”

And the Lord said to me, “They have rightly said all [this].. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not give heed to my words which he shall speak in my name, I myself will require it of him.”

Moses is a unique typological figure of Jesus, for his status as such is explicitly put forth in a prophecy by Moses himself

The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brethren—him you shall heed—just as you desired of the Lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, “Let [us] not hear again the voice of the Lord my God, or see this great fire any more, lest [we] die.”

And the Lord said to me, “They have rightly said all [this].. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not give heed to my words which he shall speak in my name, I myself will require it of him.”

Do you think Moses actually wrote the first five books... 800 years after his death???

Jesus is not named there. Why do you assume this is about Jesus and not any other prophet, starting with Joshua?

And if anyone else made that claim, would you believe it?
Jesus is not just "anyone"

You've never been in His actual Presence as devout Catholics have, so it's understandable you don't... um... get it

Jesus is not just "anyone"

You've never been in His actual Presence as devout Catholics have, so it's understandable you don't... um... get it
It is hard to be in the presence of a dead man. Maybe I DO get it...

Do you think that anyone who believes Muhammad was a prophet is a fool?
Muhammed also claimed that Moses prophesied about him and his followers would say he is not "just anyone." One wonders if the OP would believe him.

Muhammed also claimed that Moses prophesied about him and his followers would say he is not "just anyone." One wonders if the OP would believe him.
Muhammad claimed Moses was a Muslim. Along with Alexander the Great.

Muhammad claimed Moses was a Muslim. Along with Alexander the Great.
1707416362060.png

The Story of Dhu al-Qarnayn (Better Known as Alexander the Great).​

OK, then you are insane

same deal... outa here.. I like discussing things with intelligent people, mature people (if at all possible)
You have decided I am insane but you haven't addressed the facts I have presented. You have simply replied with your own belief-based claims. Before you run away, try to think of how your claims look to someone who doesn't share them, then check that against what you don't understand about people, instead of asuming you know everything and that stuff isn't worth your time.

You have decided I am insane but you haven't addressed the facts I have presented. You have simply replied with your own belief-based claims. Before you run away, try to think of how your claims look to someone who doesn't share them, then check that against what you don't understand about people, instead of asuming you know everything and that stuff isn't worth your time.
well, a lot of posters here just play games w/ others... act like they really want the truth about something or other or at least someone's take on the truth, then just do the Gotcha thing or whatever

Maybe you could also be more clear about exactly what you are saying, what you are asking about.. I interact with more than just you here... not always easy keeping track of who said what and etc.......

well, a lot of posters here just play games w/ others... act like they really want the truth about something or other or at least someone's take on the truth, then just do the Gotcha thing or whatever

Maybe you could also be more clear about exactly what you are saying, what you are asking about.. I interact with more than just you here... not always easy keeping track of who said what and etc.......
what I'm saying is that your faith based claims are driving you to make a claim about the intent of the mosaic texts but not showing an in depth understanding of the religion that works with those texts. Instead you make the claims that, to anyone outside of your faith-circle, would seem weird.

what I'm saying is that your faith based claims are driving you to make a claim about the intent of the mosaic texts but not showing an in depth understanding of the religion that works with those texts. Instead you make the claims that, to anyone outside of your faith-circle, would seem weird.
maybe they need to do what I did

research

then maybe it won't seem so weird. But there is a curious lack of curiosity in a lot of folks

Forum List

Back