Proof Of The Bible

I'm impressed that you know with certainty what a collection of unknown authors intended. 100% certainty with 0% facts is quite impressive.

Yeah yeah yeah, that's what they all say.....

And yes, I know with 100% certainty that any story with a talking animal was never intended to be taken literally by the author the facts being that animals, except the human kind, can't talk.

Now you know!

I'm impressed that you know with certainty what a collection of unknown authors intended. 100% certainty with 0% facts is quite impressive.

Will a part of your religious anger include fashioning dolls into images of people and then plunging large needles into them?
Hollie,
It takes the indwelling of God's Holy Spirit to understand God's word. To you and others who don't have the Spirit God's word is foolishness.

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

It boils down to actions. We either do the right thing, or the wrong thing. Most down to the present day have made the wrong choices.
That could be, but I certainly wouldn't presume that religion provides one a moral compass. The history of Christianity includes some of the most horrible cruelties to humanity. Wars, conquest, enslavement, forced conversion, unspeakable horrors that define its history.

The history of this country is a nightmare of Christian hatreds and biases. The various sects of Christianity were completely at odds with one another as colonial states. Catholics couldn't live in one state, Quakers were executed if they went to another, Protestants were reviled in still others, and so on. These documents still exist. Anyone can research the laws of the original 13 colonies. It's amazing what one can learn.

Angry and emotive? lol... Don't be silly. I am not angry about anything, you are just embarrassed.

And what nonsense? That the authors never intended for the stories to be taken literally by the intelligent? That the authors never saw a need to specify that certain stories were eyewitness accounts of what was seen and heard in dreams because anyone with a second grade education, even the least intelligent person out there, is already well acquainted with reality ??

That fantastical stories that contradict reality and cannot be verified by science or archeology still covey truth about reality? Did you never take a course in literature or creative writing?

Did you sleep through kindergarten, first, and second grade? What was the cause of your demise?
That's why it's called didactic literature.

That could be, but I certainly wouldn't presume that religion provides one a moral compass. The history of Christianity includes some of the most horrible cruelties to humanity. Wars, conquest, enslavement, forced conversion, unspeakable horrors that define its history.

The history of this country is a nightmare of Christian hatreds and biases. The various sects of Christianity were completely at odds with one another as colonial states. Catholics couldn't live in one state, Quakers were executed if they went to another, Protestants were reviled in still others, and so on. These documents still exist. Anyone can research the laws of the original 13 colonies. It's amazing what one can learn.

America is the place God prepared for his people.

Revelation 12:6
And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God...

So you can blame God for preparing America for the church, don't blame the church.

Last edited:
Yeah yeah yeah, that's what they all say.....

And yes, I know with 100% certainty that any story with a talking animal was never intended to be taken literally by the author the facts being that animals, except the human kind, can't talk.

Now you know!
Yeah yeah yeah.

You know with 100% certainty about matters which you have 0% facts.

Jim Jones wannabe?

To convert a non-believer, sometimes you have to slaughter a few of their family members.
Revisit post #305
The true church fled from the persecution of the false church. The false church is the one that caused the problems.

Yeah yeah yeah.

You know with 100% certainty about matters which you have 0% facts.

Jim Jones wannabe?

No. Even in the second grade I knew that the Bible was to be approached like any children's story as soon as it introduced a talking serpent with despicable human qualities. It was and still is a freaking no brainer. Seeing this same creature condemned in kosher law was just confirmation.

The authors could not have been more obvious or more clear with their metaphors and analogies for human archetypes that form the body of the teaching derived from the lessons of the past intended to be understood by children.

How is it that this all remains above your grasp?

Take your time.....Try to think. You can do it!

Last edited:
No. Even in the second grade I knew that the Bible was to be approached like any children's story as soon as it introduced a talking serpent with despicable human qualities. It was and still is a freaking no brainer.

The authors could not have been more obvious or more clear with their metaphors and analogies for human archetypes used about the teaching and lessons intended to be understood by children.

Me too.. about second grade.

No. Even in the second grade I knew that the Bible was to be approached like any children's story as soon as it introduced a talking serpent with despicable human qualities. It was and still is a freaking no brainer.

The authors could not have been more obvious or more clear with their metaphors and analogies for human archetypes used about the teaching and lessons intended to be understood by a child.

Take your time.....Try to think. You can do it!
You're just one more religionist who arrogantly believes he is the sole authority on what parts of the Bible is true and inerrant and those that are not. 100% confidence in 0% facts.

Unfortunately for you, any of the fundamentalist ministries push the fact that the Bible is a literal rendering.

Obviously, they're right, meaning you are obviously wrong.

Take your time. Think that through and hurl your darkest invectives at me. It's funny reading your saliva-slinging tirades.

You're just one more religionist who arrogantly believes he is the sole authority on what parts of the Bible is true and inerrant and those that are not. 100% confidence in 0% facts.

Unfortunately for you, any of the fundamentalist ministries push the fact that the Bible is a literal rendering.

Obviously, they're right, meaning you are obviously wrong.

Take your time. Think that through and hurl your darkest invectives at me. It's funny reading your saliva-slinging tirades.

You really need to come up with some new material. You are beginning to look pretty pathetic.

Hollie,
It takes the indwelling of God's Holy Spirit to understand God's word. To you and others who don't have the Spirit God's word is foolishness.

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
That's a lame thing to say. You are saying that you can't understand the Bible unless you are already a Christian.

You really need to come up with some new material. You are beginning to look pretty pathetic.
Curious because other than your saliva-slinging tirades, you have offered nothing to support your specious comments.

Not what the she CLAIMED.

"

What role did Christianity play in the Spanish conquest?​

What role did religion play in the Spanish conquest of Latin America? Their Christian beliefs kept the Spanish from committing atrocities against the Native American communities. Document 2 describes what native people experienced as the Spanish conquistadors entered their homeland."

Not what the she CLAIMED.

"

What role did Christianity play in the Spanish conquest?​

What role did religion play in the Spanish conquest of Latin America? Their Christian beliefs kept the Spanish from committing atrocities against the Native American communities. Document 2 describes what native people experienced as the Spanish conquistadors entered their homeland."

Yes, you did. Instead of reading the stories as the original author intended, you read and proclaim something else entirely. You have your own story.
There is nothing made up about it.
Let me shed some light on your ignorance.
That the authors never intended for the stories to be taken literally by the intelligent?

- "by the intelligent" ...

in fact - the christians who rely on the already distorted 4th century c bible makeup everything they "interpret" to fit their impression of a book they claim deliberately is written to obscure its own truths.

* no need to worry about the roman legions - any longer - howabout writing correctly what the christians believe the 1st century events were meant to convey.

and then contrast theirs to the true events as they actually occurred and relevance of the closing chapter. as who crucified - what.

Forum List

Back